(Suggestion) Weekly raid

We all know the situation: When a new Tier of content comes out the old one becomes obsolete.
    Result? Noone raids the old content. IF you are a new player you may never see that raid, for example Ulduar.

Thats a shame isnt it? Some people will say progression. I agree. I dont know how Cataclysm will be in that matter,but as it is now noone raids ulduar etc. Gear changes so fast that progression doesnt exist!

SO IF Cataclysm doesnt have a progression system i suggest this:

Weekly raid: Theres no more weekly raid quests. Reward(Justice Points and random gems,money etc) is given upon defeating atleast 2 bosses in that raid. Every 2 bosses defeated after these will reward extra Justice Points.

There will be 4 cases of random weekly raid:

Ulduar: Kill atleast 2 bosses in Ulduar
    Naxxramas: Kill atleast 2 bosses in Naxxramas
    ToTC: Kill two bosses in TotC
    All 1 man bosses count as 1(one) Weekly raid: Kill two of these bosses: Onyxia,Sartharion,HAlion,Malygos

(You know who the weekly raid is by visiting the NPC who gives the quest)

The Fun part:
    That raid is now scaled for the latest tier (abilities,Bosses HP).
    Also the loot table is changed: Now bosses drop loot from latest raid.
    Ofcourse easy bosses will drop loot from the corresponding bosses i.e Flame leviathan--?Marrowgar.
    Only loot from the Last boss is not given(you dont get LK loot by defeating Yogg).
    Also each boss doesnt reward Points. (Extra loot + JP is too much).

That gives incentive to do the weekly,aswell a 2nd chance to get the loot you want. Also it gives a break from constantly running the same dungeon.

Also it will need polishing with your help I could add maybe KArazhan/ZA
    Suggestions?

TLDR: IDGASIYCBART( I dont give a shit if you cant be arsed to read this)

Bring back the good old content, when "up to date" gear wasnt possible to get from running 5mans

Let the hardcore player be a step infront of the rest!

Also the weekly shouldnt be only 2 bosses, way to low

I like the idea but 2 bosses is far too low.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Bring back the good old content, when "up to date" gear wasnt possible to get from running 5mans

Let the hardcore player be a step infront of the rest!

Also the weekly shouldnt be only 2 bosses, way to low
    Yeah but then lots of QQ will emerge,and i want this to be a nice discussion

In theory, as i look over the Cata raid model, The old Raid Tier wont be that useless, Wer going back into a more Tbc feeling, Where you cant jump RIGHT on to the newest tier, It wont be Tbc long progress wait, But it´ll be there, So dont worry, We´ll be seeing enoght, Atleast with the caps, Loot drops are much more Valuable.

Tbc Raid model: Ding lvl 70 - Normals - Heroics/Craftables - Kara - Gruuls/mags - Za - Tempest keep/ Serpentshine caverns - Hyjal/Black Temple - Then your finaly ready for The last raid, Sunwell.

Wotlk raid model: Ding lvl 80 - Heroics/Craftables - Ready for Icecrown.

Cata Raid Model: Ding lvl 85 - Normals - Heroics - Second newest raid tier - Newest Raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Brince View Post
    I like the idea but 2 bosses is far too low.
    How about 2 specific bosseS? example noth and Saffiron for naxx? or Razorgore and Vezax?

---------- Post added 2010-10-25 at 12:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Krogh View Post
    In theory, as i look over the Cata raid model, The old Raid Tier wont be that useless, Wer going back into a more Tbc feeling, Where you cant jump RIGHT on to the newest tier, It wont be Tbc long progress wait, But it´ll be there, So dont worry, We´ll be seeing enoght, Atleast with the caps, Loot drops are much more Valuable.

Tbc Raid model: Ding lvl 70 - Normals - Heroics/Craftables - Kara - Gruuls/mags - Za - Tempest keep/ Serpentshine caverns - Hyjal/Black Temple - Then your finaly ready for The last raid, Sunwell.

Cata Raid Model: Ding lvl 85 - Normals - Heroics - Second newest raid tier - Newest Raid tier.
    Still my idea could be used but to include old content raid?

It will take some tweaking. But imagine having kara as weekly tuned for lvl 85.

I think it would be awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    way to much efford for this.
    just make the gear differences WAY less than they are.
    the difference between lets say T4 and T5 was so that, even though you DID do more damage/healing/have better avoidance, the slightly better stats did NOT make the last Tier bosses that much easier than for example the difference between T8 and T9.8you could basically faceroll even hardmode ulduar with t9)
    granted that this was mostly the fault of the hardmode + 10/25 gear discrepancy, resulting in "more" tiers than planed. But if blizz would just reduce the Ilvl difference between sets slightly, then outgearing would already be not that big of a deal anymore.
    Plus: make boss mechanics that are obvious and big simply kill you, even on normal mode. This is one of the reasons why outgearing wasn´t that much of a problem in classic/bc: a connected eye laser from C´tun simply killed you, no matter of you had T3. standing together while gruul shattered or not using the cubes when Magtheridon ran wild was a wipe even with T6,simple as that.
    Sindragosas frost bombs however: "oh damn I was a nub and got hit! oh no matter, I´m not dead."

I got a better idea for cataclysm, it wont happen but yeah.

No welfair <--oh no he didnt!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeza View Post
    I got a better idea for cataclysm, it wont happen but yeah.

No welfair <--oh no he didnt!
    Welfare*

You do realize that the first thing we can buy with our justice points will be blues instead of epics this time 'round, right?

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Torne View Post
    way to much efford for this.
    just make the gear differences WAY less than they are.
    the difference between lets say T4 and T5 was so that, even though you DID do more damage/healing/have better avoidance, the slightly better stats did NOT make the last Tier bosses that much easier than for example the difference between T8 and T9.8you could basically faceroll even hardmode ulduar with t9)
    granted that this was mostly the fault of the hardmode + 10/25 gear discrepancy, resulting in "more" tiers than planed. But if blizz would just reduce the Ilvl difference between sets slightly, then outgearing would already be not that big of a deal anymore.
    Plus: make boss mechanics that are obvious and big simply kill you, even on normal mode. This is one of the reasons why outgearing wasn´t that much of a problem in classic/bc: a connected eye laser from C´tun simply killed you, no matter of you had T3. standing together while gruul shattered or not using the cubes when Magtheridon ran wild was a wipe even with T6,simple as that.
    Sindragosas frost bombs however: "oh damn I was a nub and got hit! oh no matter, I´m not dead."
    This.
    Basically, make encounters scale better, I understand that stronger loot should give you an edge, but just an edge, instant death mechanics for doing something stupid should stay instant death, possibly avoidable by popping a survivability CD.
    As long as SOME mechanics of the fight scale with players, the encounters will stay relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDragon View Post
    This.
    Basically, make encounters scale better, I understand that stronger loot should give you an edge, but just an edge, instant death mechanics for doing something stupid should stay instant death, possibly avoidable by popping a survivability CD.
    As long as SOME mechanics of the fight scale with players, the encounters will stay relevant.
    My sugestion is only valid IF Raids are getting forgoten like ulduar.

I liked TBC,but i didnt like that you couldnt do higher raids if you wherent attuned. Even if you where an imba player it was hard to progress. Or progressing fast meant you had to become a guild hopper

Quote Originally Posted by Krogh View Post

The gear progression in cata will be exactly the same as in wotlk. You will be able to buy the previous tier gear with justice points and the current tier gear with valor points which you can get from the weekly, cata version of VoA and the first random heroic 5-man of the day. This is exactly how it worked pre 4.0.1. The only change is that it MAY be necessary to run a few normals before you can do heroics. How the hell do people not understand this yet only 6 weeks from release?

Deleted
    naice idea, though i would suggest make it for example ulduar req: kill Yogg +0
    shouldnt be too easy, and togc kill anewb. icc kill lich king on HEROIC difficulity
    , malygos within 5 minutes, sartharion +3d withouth using zerg method,stuff like that