Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    This was our first year actually going to Blizzcon, and we all personally had a complete blast. We knew ahead of time not much new stuff could be announced due to all the info already out but we still had an amazing time.

The tourney stuff disapointed me a lot, I only watched the sc2 matches. But they where late/didnt show some & the commentators, although awesome in the world of sc. Really did a poor job of keeping tabs on what was happening.
    Was more than a couple occasions where me and friends would spot something happen that they completely missed,
    Next year they needa get HD and Husky to do it

Other than that I enjoyed it, I cant be alone in almost wetting my pants when they mentioned the new mmo before tenacious d came out, (Only to feel like a fool and die a lil inside)
    Then ofc seeing them play, never expected to see the lich king fight the metal

15+ Year Old Account
    I have one spelling questionable answer for you:
    N'zoth

well it's dull in the fact that we all had the nagging expectation they would release a ton of secrets about cataclysm no one had datamined, tell us the WoW movie would be out within the week, blizzard's new MMO will be out by next year, and everyone attending or watching gets a free 1,000,000 gold mailed to their characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinare View Post
    Next year they needa get HD and Husky to do it
    Don't get me wrong, I love HD and Husky, but they're much worse at observing than Artosis/Tasteless/Day[9]. They never missed something so critical I felt like I was lost - and Husky and HD do frequently. They've gotten better at it, and I'd love to see them cast some of those games, but they definitely aren't superior casters or commentators.

Day[9] is generally agreed to be the most knowledgeable caster for SC2.

Edit: I believe that Tasteless was controlling the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezhial View Post
    This was our first year actually going to Blizzcon, and we all personally had a complete blast. We knew ahead of time not much new stuff could be announced due to all the info already out but we still had an amazing time.
    This.

I'm sure it was boring if were only watching the live stream AND you expected mega exciting announcements.

I had so much fun watching the lore panels and listening to Metzen's hilarious reactions to the questions.

Questioner: "What's Saurfang's clan?"
    *Metzen whispers to Alex*
    Alex: "I've been told it is Blackrock."
    Questioner: "Uh, you sure?"
    Metzen: "Oh, I'm very sure. It's definitely Blackrock. As of 3 seconds ago, it is Blackrock."

That was worth $40.
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-10-26 at 03:38 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

be glad u could still go anyways, blizzcon to far for me XD i live in indiana and i hate traveling long distances

BlizzCon 2010 had a number of improvements over past years. Content wise? It was a bit dull, yes. I suppose they only have so much they can announce, after all. BlizzCon 2011 will probably have a Diablo info explosion and details about the next WoW expansion and second StarCraft 2 installment.

I didn't enjoy the concert this year, and I really hoped I would. It was a lot like Ozzy in 2009. Unless you were up close to the stage, you were simply watching on the overhead screens... and you can do that from anywhere in the con, AND play Diablo 3/Cata/etc. while doing it. No ETC (was hoping for a new song) this year, and 2008's BC had a duo of comedians and then a pretty geek-tastic VGL concert - the ending ceremony that year was PACKED with entertainment compared to 2009 and this year.

The upside was a mini-concert on Friday night, during the Costume Contest. That was muchly appreciated. Jay Mohr was marginalized though, and that's a bit of a shame... once he gets going, he can be really funny and I don't think he gets a fair shake from the fans.

I didn't think it was, but this was my first time seeing one.

Also, what Simca said above me. I would pay 40 bucks just to listen to Metzen, he was a riot. Love that guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo "New MMO" is a big fluke, D3 we got enough, I was happy with the SC2 announcements, only thing I wish we had more on was info for 4.1.

15+ Year Old Account
    Man it's incredible how many people that play Blizzard games are spoiled brats.

I watched the live feed and I thought it was fine, sure there wasn't as much to get excited about this year but tbh I never felt that excited when they announced big stuff anyways. I was at the 2008 WWI when they announced Diablo 3 and I didn't really care past the excitement of the cinematic because I knew we wouldn't be seeing it until 2014 or some shit. Blizzcon is about celebrating Blizzard, their products and their staff, not just about feeding selfish little kids some "omg omg omg omg omg I can't wait." Most you guys are damn junkies.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Man it's incredible how many people that play Blizzard games are spoiled brats.

I watched the live feed and I thought it was fine, sure there wasn't as much to get excited about this year but tbh I never felt that excited when they announced big stuff anyways. I was at the 2008 WWI when they announced Diablo 3 and I didn't really care past the excitement of the cinematic because I knew we wouldn't be seeing it until 2014 or some shit. Blizzcon is about celebrating Blizzard, their products and their staff, not just about feeding selfish little kids some "omg omg omg omg omg I can't wait." Most you guys are damn junkies.
    Nah been playing the same game for 4 years and frankly most other mmos are no were near the quality of Wow the new mmo has my hopes up so much that there will be more than one good mmo that i dont fidn grindy like Aion(Really Horrible spent full days just getting half a level below 30)but seeing as the new mmo wont be announced anytime soon hopefully star wars can balance out between Wow since there aint no fracking way ill give up wow to many friends made.
    In a way kind of a brat but in another not really.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

tbh, I would be extremely disappointed if I had paid $40 for it
    Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love HD and Husky, but they're much worse at observing than Artosis/Tasteless/Day[9]. They never missed something so critical I felt like I was lost - and Husky and HD do frequently. They've gotten better at it, and I'd love to see them cast some of those games, but they definitely aren't superior casters or commentators.

Day[9] is generally agreed to be the most knowledgeable caster for SC2.
    Well tbh I found with 3 of them casting together (who, correct me if Im wrong. Havent all done so before), they seemed confused and abit all over the place.
    But then, maybe I'm just a Husky fanboy