Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleetfox View Post
    Just what I need, another dragon screaming at me everytime I open wow... Like I didn't just get done seeing that for the last 2 years.
    Yes, why stare at a portal for over four years when we can do it for over SIX years? Whaha!

Why was it changed?

Because chris metzen didnt like it.

Both are pretty cool IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Minimegamax View Post
    They felt that no one would really know who the twilight hammer cult is since its high level content so they wanted to go with something that everybody would understand.
    People who give a shit, i.e. those of us that matter, would know who the twilight hammer cult is and what they're about. Every time we logged in we'd be like "yeah... fuck them, I'm getting all up in that portal tonight."
    Last edited by Tayfow; 2010-10-26 at 05:30 AM. Reason: clarity

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    am I the only one who really liked the Stonewrought Dam one?
    ~☮-☮-☮-☮-☮-☮-☮-☮-☮-☮-☮-☮-☮-☮-☮-☮-☮~

Quote Originally Posted by Tayfow View Post
    People who give a shit, i.e. those of us that matter, would know who the twilight hammer cult is and what they're about. Every time we logged in we'd be like "yeah... fuck them, I'm getting all up in that portal tonight."
    word

i like the current one. the other was... it was portal, but missed Deathwing in it, it didnt really maked much sense and as they said, most people wouldnt know wtf it was if they havent been at endgame content. and its cool and make sense that its the picture for the end of the cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    hm... i liked the first one for two reasons.

1. it is not biased. not like the ruined stormwind now -_-

2. IT WAS SILENT! no damn roaring!
    1. Is it biased in favor of the Alliance because it shows Stormwind? Or is it biased in favor of the Horde because Stormwind is ruined?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haglowicz View Post
    1. Is it biased in favor of the Alliance because it shows Stormwind? Or is it biased in favor of the Horde because Stormwind is ruined?
    because the only thing missing from the current loging screen is Deathwing saying:
    "roll horde because alliance suck. see? i just f*cked up their capital. lolololol"

altho i dont mind that much tbh. my main is ally, and i mostly pvp, and having instant BG queues is a plus =D

Quote Originally Posted by Minimegamax View Post
    Erm.. He explained why he changed it in the video...

They felt that no one would really know who the twilight hammer cult is since its high level content so they wanted to go with something that everybody would understand.
    Horse****, the Twilight's Hammer has been balls deep in this game since level freaking 20, they're all over, they're in the books, you fight them in a bunch of instances, they have one of the cooler bosses in the low levels, Twilight Lord Kelris, they were a main enemy in the Vanilla end game, they're in Ahn'kahet, they're in Ulduar.

They're ****ing EVERYWHERE man, you can't shake a STICK without hitting some kind of Twilight Cultist oriented thing.

The reason was stupid, and what it came down to is they wanted Deathwing to be featured, and I'm fine with that, actually, but get rid of that girly screech, use the cinematic roar, or I'll login fast to avoid how annoying it is, just like I do with Sin right now, beef it up so it isn't annoying and I might stick around to hear it every so often.

Oh look WotLK login 2.0 Another roaring dragon. It's like they didn't even try. The first seemed to have more effort put into. Then again with (what I assume was a portal of sorts) in the background one could say it's like the BC login, which I prefered anyway. I don't want noise when I open WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    I just wish it had been something without a roaring dragon.

Kinda sucks to always have "roar" "wooosh" and shit in the background if you leave the wow client running.
    If the roar on Wrath's login screen bothers you, you're not typing fast enough, it looks like it will be the same way for Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    I like the current one. Im with metzan,something red, something black and something dragon
    I disagree. He just says" Hi guys, geeks...." Then he ignores my god damn greet and he ruins my log-in screen.

Haha, I do like this one too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!