Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast

EDIT: cuz staves look better

Because staffs are cooler than daggers. "Legendary dagger"... I can't think of any lorecharacter that uses a dagger except for maybe Garona, but that's a melee dagger.

Anyway, does it really matter? They have changed their minds before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McaSs...h+div-1r-10-HM

around 2 mins 10secs in the question is there. And tbh its not a "confirmation" that its 100% sure its gonna be a staff.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

Quote Originally Posted by Phibi View Post
    why don't they make a whole SET of legendaries and u can choose which one you prefer?
    seriously. in the end some people/classes feel leftout again and QQ will start.
    or they are like "OMG TOO IMBA I GOT NO LEGENDARY" -> Shadowmourne.

Warrior with Shadowmourne for example owned like SH** and every other cls was QQing OMG WARRIOR TOO IMBA.

So just bring a ridiculous hard quest ingame so there won't be 5829 Legendary in a guild and the best players / the players who deserve most can choose if they like dagger, mace or staff or whatever. But hey, that would be awesome. So it will never happen cause blizzard doesn't like awesome.
    It won't happen because that's not what legendaries are. A legendary is one (1) item. It is designed for some specs and classes, and not others. Are you one of the people who don't benefit as much from the legendary? Welcome to WoW. Grab some heroic gear instead and stop complaining.

No item is perfectly itemized for every class and spec, not even a legendary. It's impossible.

Because cool looking staves are cooler looking than cool looking daggers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    Shouldn't even be open shaman, druid and priest imo, they could have gotten a val'anyr, where as mages and locks havent even had the option at a usable legendary since atiesh.
    And yes you could all cry about it, but even If I wasn't a warlock I'd still think this, plus its the first legendary of an expansion, so its not like theyd be set with it till deathwing.
    Elemental, Balance, and Shadow have not had a legendary. Val'anyr was not a dps weapon. That argument is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    Shouldn't even be open shaman, druid and priest imo, they could have gotten a val'anyr, where as mages and locks havent even had the option at a usable legendary since atiesh.
    And yes you could all cry about it, but even If I wasn't a warlock I'd still think this, plus its the first legendary of an expansion, so its not like theyd be set with it till deathwing.
    I hear healing weapons are awesome for caster DPS.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rain View Post
    Think about it.
    Think about it for like at least 10 seconds.
    Tell me why a staff might be better than a dagger. Go on, try.
    So Shamans will cry, and Blizzard wants this to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    because a staff is more symbolic of what a caster dps is

Simple because blizzard don't like shamans. If you play a shaman you would know that blizzard slipped up when they brought out sunwell and saw how good we could be and decided that was a silly mistake and we shall never be powerful again. But serious what raiding guild is going to give a legendary staff to a shaman get real.

Deleted
    The reason a staff was chosen was because they asked the blizzcon audience if they wanted a dagger or a staff, and the audience chose a staff.

10+ Year Old Account
    The worst case scenario could be another Thori'dal. A legendary for 1 class that wasn't even the best because of it's own effect.

Because, if it was a dagger this thread would be titled "Why does the new legendary look like a normal dagger, it is really boring and looks the same as every other dagger."

The staff will look cool. They will also probably not allow shaman to use it anyway, it will be shared between Warlock, Mage, Priest, and Druids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    The worst case scenario could be another Thori'dal. A legendary for 1 class that wasn't even the best because of it's own effect.
    but hey its orange

10+ Year Old Account
    People mentioning Val'anyr as a DPS weapon made me facepalm hard ><

It's uh... not the size of the legendary but how you use it...?

You could easily use a jewel-encrusted dagger over a smooth and polished staff... right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to all the shaman that a hard to obtain PVE weapon gimps you in PvP. Seriously, for a while I rocked a staff on my resto shaman because I had shit luck on a shield drop, not a big deal in PvE-where this item will belong.
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Rabian View Post
    First off, this is not a QQ post, my main is a hunter. I am just curious as to why Blizzard would choose a staff instead of a dagger for the caster legendary weapon. This legendary was supposed to be for caster dps (unless all the rumors are wrong) but having it be a staff kinda gimps elemental shammies since then they lose roughly half of their armor due to loss of a shield. All the caster dps can use a dagger: spriest, mage, lock, ele, and boomkin, but a staff is just awkward for shamans. So why would they do it?
    Cause they already said having a dagger wouldn't allow their graphic designers much creativity because its so small.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralamus View Post
    personally i dont think there should be any legendaries at all, but especially not for casters. casters don't even use their weapons. give them a legendary dress or hood or something if they must have a legendary
    Lol?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.