Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

The good news on lightwell......

... is that people are actually clicking it now!

The bad news is that they're almost ALWAYS waiting till the end of a fight to do it (when they're at full health anyways or it doesn't matter because they can just sit and eat.

I spec'd into lightwell because we're being told we're going to have to in order to survive in Cata at 85. Might as well get used to plopping it down and have people used to seeing it. I have a macro that says "Click the lightwell. It no longer changes your target so it's like a warlock cookie that keeps on giving"

In my 10man raid group my team knows how to utilize it. It's an awesome heal on sindragosa with unchained magic on me. On LK I have the tanks use it freely (hey you wanna use it while you're keeping the bad guys off me... go ahead!). However in pugs and heroics it seems that people don't even think about it until the fight is over! I mean really... Fight is over, you're at full health, we're about to move to next transition and you click it NOW?!

Nothing Blizzard can do about this.. just a rant that I'm wondering if it's the same you guys are running into.

ALSO! Not saying I need it in heroics.. just saying it'd be nice if people would use it a little more there so I can just /afk and eat dinner while I'm doing it (haha just kidding just want people to freaking learn how to use the darn thing!)

10+ Year Old Account
    If they don't click it I don't heal them, then they die. Personally, I enjoy watching people fail and die when a lightwell is out.

If it was keybind/macroable, it would be win.

Requiring us to, in the middle of a fight, find the TEENY TINY lolwell and right-click, when we have a giant boss trying to eat our face, is stupid.

Until its keybind/macroable, its still lolwell.

Quote Originally Posted by godofslack View Post
    If they don't click it I don't heal them, then they die. Personally, I enjoy watching people fail and die when a lightwell is out.
    I'm not going to refuse heals to someone not using it as long as it's not a timing/mana issue. If a DPS needs a heal but the tank needs a heal too then that's a timing issue. Also letting people die is counter-productive to my play time because it might take 1.1 second to throw a heal on them whereas it takes a lot longer to rez them or wait for them to run back.

Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post

Requiring us to, in the middle of a fight, find the TEENY TINY lolwell and right-click, when we have a giant boss trying to eat our face, is stupid.

Having played beta for past few months this is still the way it is.

Every boss is massive and positioning is not easy especially considering how many bosses require movement, In the middle of all that we are to somehow find and click on this tiny lolwell.

It just doesn't work well on a lot of boss fights.
    There must be no retirement with our backs to the wall, And believing in the justice of our cause, Each one of us must fight on to the end.

We determine the guilty, We decide the punishment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post

I think you need a better UI son, its not "tiny". I allways place it in between the melee and the ranged, so they can both click on it. Its not hard, its the same as finding that "TEENY TINY lolbutton and click on it, when we have a giant boss trying to eat our face". I assume you click on your buttons as it is possible to look around and still attack (easily) if you aren't keyboard turning.
    Last edited by godofslack; 2010-10-26 at 12:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't possibly use "lightwell" and "good news" in the same sentence!!!! Unpossible!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Honen View Post
    I'm not going to refuse heals to someone not using it as long as it's not a timing/mana issue. If a DPS needs a heal but the tank needs a heal too then that's a timing issue. Also letting people die is counter-productive to my play time because it might take 1.1 second to throw a heal on them whereas it takes a lot longer to rez them or wait for them to run back.
    My belief is every stupid death in a heroic is one less stupid death in progression, you don't use a powerful healing ability I place in your path you die, and I revel in the fact that the more you do that now the less you will do it later.

---------- Post added 2010-10-26 at 12:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose View Post
    Having played beta for past few months this is still the way it is.

Every boss is massive and positioning is not easy especially considering how many bosses require movement, In the middle of all that we are to somehow find and click on this tiny lolwell.

It just doesn't work well on a lot of boss fights.
    Then you need more practice, I have been clicking on lightwells since vanilla, I have not had a single problem clicking on them with their massive range.

20 yards is hardly massive in the grand scheme of things.

Deleted
    People click it all the time, I put it down before the fight, everyone uses it.

During the fight? no one clicks it.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    People click it all the time, I put it down before the fight, everyone uses it.

During the fight? no one clicks it.
    literally laughing out loud right now. You feel my pain! lol

Deleted
    My pals joyfully click on the well before the fights starts and consume all the stacks of it. Than they tell me that it sucks because they have to /cancelaura Lightwell HoT to consume another stack....sometimes I hate them all ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    If lightwell is required by priests to heal the group at 85 you're not coming in my groups.

make it as big as tranquility so you can click the ground where its all glowy, then this will work

It won't. It already has a 20 yard click range. Dropping it halfway between melee and ranged means people can already click it. Nothing you can do beyond this, apart from making them try to line it up with cooldowns by making it a DPS increase to click it, will convince someone to stop treating it like "lolwell".

It's great. But there is no magic "this will work".
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I specced into this ever since 4.0 hit, and i gotta admit, my guild uses it. I cant keep it up, cause of the long CD, they use it before its out. I pop it pre-fight on all fights, and then re-use it whenever it comes off CD. The tricky thing about this is positioning, and ive found good places for this. THe downside is, the effect gets cancelled if you take some damage (aka, tank cant rly use it...). On sindragosa HM, its a life-saver. We use the zerk-tactic, so whenever i as a healer gets the unchained magic (and being the only healer, it had almost a 100% uptime), it is perfect for the ppl to use it. I place it on the rangeds. Why? because its best used when people run from the blistering cold, where i cant heal all anyways. Nobody has anything to do, and all needs a heal. Perfect

The only thing apart from the long CD is the charges. It makes people not wanting to click it, as it should be used when its really needed - and 9/10 times on a trivial boss, the healers got the healing pretty much covered. In cata, this might change.

Its all a matter of people getting used to it tbh. Force your guildies to use it when its needed, cause it is a really helpfull tool, that costs barely nothing to the healer. Its better than throwing an off-heal on yourself as a dps

I never counted on lightwell to heal people other than myself, In fact in heavy AE fights I didn't want anyone else touching it, yet people would, I never had a problem with people clicking my lightwell before patch, the healing was way OP then.

Deleted
    they should make it like the lightwells in the toc instance.
    They never learn--Kel
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2010-10-26 at 06:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    BUT AS DPZ I DO DPS NOT HEAL!!!?! DAT IS UP TO DA HEALERZ!

Just a matter of habit and shit. Hopefully lightwell usage will catch on sooner or later. But just like healthstones, it's tough to get other classes to use something given by another class but that actually needs to be used by the person at hand.
    "The truth, my goal."

Blizzard has already said they do not want to do that. It would simply be giving Priests their own version of Healing Stream Totem. Bland, boring... but yes, useful.

All that needs to be done is this: When you click the Lightwell you receive a cup of healing juice. You can then use it whenever you want. Call it a 'Healthstone'. That would work. Oh wait.

No, seriously, Blizz should have deleted the stupid thing.