View Poll Results: Should respecing enable you different active pets?

Voters
54. This poll is closed
  • Yes, totally!

41 75.93%
  • No!

13 24.07%

Question Should respecing enable you different active pets?

Just like glyphs, should respecing to either your main spec or your offspec give you different sets of active pets?

For example, as a bm you have put all of your exotic pets as your active pet and as surv you can set another group of pets as your active pets, and this group of pets would change accordingly when you activate either of the talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted yes XD

The reason I wanted such feature is because it would be fun if someone has bm as main spec and either mm/surv as off spec, his active pet slots would go to waste if he has exotic pet when he goes mm/surv.

I have two different sets for MM and BM so yeah its seems the way to go.

Totally! Yes yes yes!

105 view and only 13 voters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    105 view and only 13 voters?
    Lol there is always way more viewers than posters/pollers

On topic: Of course specs should have different active pets because different pets suit different specs dunno why they don't have it now, I suppose at least its better than it was in 3.3.5 when you could only have one active.

Wow people are never happy. they give you five pets now to stable in your pack basically instead of 1 like before and you still want more. Give it up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninurta View Post
    Wow people are never happy. they give you five pets now to stable in your pack basically instead of 1 like before and you still want more. Give it up
    Thanks for your valuable input.

It's a pretty annoying detail for BM with a non-BM secondary spec. With 5 pets it should be a little better...lets me carry around a tank pet (worm), a BM dps pet (corehound), a MM dps pet (raptor), and a PVP pet (silithid), and then still be able to tame a rare if I happen across one. Right now I don't feel comfortable carrying all 4 spots full as I pass by the spirit beast locations pretty often.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

I was never happy with having limited summon-able pet when we can actually tame more. The previous call stabled pet only can be cast ooc and only 5 pets can be stored at that time and now with the relative easiness of respeccing, we should have more options for calling on the go pet. You don;t see warlock has this problem do you? they can easily summon any type of demone ic or ooc and all of their demons has varied roles.

---------- Post added 2010-10-26 at 11:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chelate View Post
    Thanks for your valuable input.

It's a pretty annoying detail for BM with a non-BM secondary spec. With 5 pets it should be a little better...lets me carry around a tank pet (worm), a BM dps pet (corehound), a MM dps pet (raptor), and a PVP pet (silithid), and then still be able to tame a rare if I happen across one. Right now I don't feel comfortable carrying all 4 spots full as I pass by the spirit beast locations pretty often.
    This is only true if you need only one type of raid pet, and in actuality not all raids compose of the same players from the first boss to the last one, and in accordance to different bosses, you need different spec, thus you need to have varied of pets to cope with loss of buff or debuffs and also fight style. With these in mind, more slots for active pet or different set of pets for each specs is the way to go.
    Last edited by Hyde; 2010-10-26 at 11:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    This is only true if you need only one type of raid pet, and in actuality not all raids compose of the same players from the first boss to the last one, and in accordance to different bosses, you need different spec, thus you need to have varied of pets to cope with loss of buff or debuffs and also fight style. With these in mind, more slots for active pet or different set of pets for each specs is the way to go.
    Ah, but if we're talking a raid scenario, that gives me enough time to actually visit the stablemaster and pull out my buff pets. Even if the raids just forming and it's not known what will be missing, with 3-4 people you can pretty much tell what you WILL have, and then you only need to get what you probably WON'T have.

anachronistic hypocrites

10+ Year Old Account
    Call Stabled Pet says hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would really like this but i dont know if it will ever happen. but if it does then yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    Call Stabled Pet says hi.
    ^this
    Can I get some Ice Blocks with my Kill Shot plz?

Ravéndíll - Turalyon

This could lead to some annoying issues from the server end (would basically mean that every single hunter would have to be allocated space for 30 pet talent builds etc,) and I can see a lot of QQ heading Blizzard's way if they did this. It seems to me that the new pet system kinda tags our pets like items/equipment, so I imagine there could be problems with trying to allow us to have the same pet in both spec's stable without forcing us to tame an extra copy.

All in all, in my opinion, trying to add an extra convenience to a brand new system that is itself extra convenience should come last on the priority list since they haven't brought us as a class up to par with a lot of other DPS classes atm, and I hear that the problems we are having now are still there @ 85 in the beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman80 View Post
    This could lead to some annoying issues from the server end (would basically mean that every single hunter would have to be allocated space for 30 pet talent builds etc,) and I can see a lot of QQ heading Blizzard's way if they did this. It seems to me that the new pet system kinda tags our pets like items/equipment, so I imagine there could be problems with trying to allow us to have the same pet in both spec's stable without forcing us to tame an extra copy.

All in all, in my opinion, trying to add an extra convenience to a brand new system that is itself extra convenience should come last on the priority list since they haven't brought us as a class up to par with a lot of other DPS classes atm, and I hear that the problems we are having now are still there @ 85 in the beta.
    I don't see how it's a server problem. This is an example storage of a pet talent calculation, which includes the pet type:

c0bzz0fh0Mo0o

That's it. This is uncompressed and unoptimized. 13 bytes. If a hunter had 30 pets, that's a crushing 390 bytes. If we had 12 million hunters, all with 30 differently specced pets, all uncompressed, that's 4 680 000 000 bytes, or 4 gigs.

That's 100% uncompressed, however. You can bet dollars to doughnuts that Blizzard compresses, and since its text, it'll be collapsed to incredibly small sizes.

anachronistic hypocrites

Quote Originally Posted by chelate View Post
    I don't see how it's a server problem. This is an example storage of a pet talent calculation, which includes the pet type:

c0bzz0fh0Mo0o

That's it. This is uncompressed and unoptimized. 13 bytes. If a hunter had 30 pets, that's a crushing 390 bytes. If we had 12 million hunters, all with 30 differently specced pets, all uncompressed, that's 4 680 000 000 bytes, or 4 gigs.

That's 100% uncompressed, however. You can bet dollars to doughnuts that Blizzard compresses, and since its text, it'll be collapsed to incredibly small sizes.
    I didn't know that the amount of data used to store our pet talents was that small, so I happily concede the point to you. ^^

That still doesn't address how they would implement a way to have two copies of the same pet, and I'm positive that there would be a lot of players complaining about not being able to do so and being "forced" to maintain two identical pets in order to have that family available for dual spec.

I still believe that it is far more important to iron out all of the bugs that show up and to bring our class damage output up to par with the other high end DPS classes than it is to introduce a new situationally useful feature that would almost certainly be quite buggy for quite some time given Blizzard's track record regarding hunter pets.