Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium

Thoughts on the Infinite Flight

So, This has probably been said a lot, and I'll bet I'll get a lot of "Welcome to the party" Type comments, but, here goes.
    I've been thinking about the events that the infinite tried to prevent. And I saw a common theme between them all. All of them would have prevented the birth of the New Horde. Thrall fails to escape Hillbrad or dies there? Bam! No new Horde. Medivh doesn't open The Dark Portal? Boom! Second War never happens, orcs never come back to Azeroth, and new horde. The Infinites don't show up in Mount Hyjal, so that doesn't count. But what about Stratholme? Arthas dies before he can fight Mal'ganis, what happens? Well, for one thing, Arthas dying during the events of The Culling mean that He's now dead. No lich king. Which leads to no Silvanis. The Blood Elves are never formed either. How ever, with Arthas dead, his order that the Silver Hand disband never happens, or rather, it happens, but it doesn't have to be followed. Also, remember that since we were there, they found the plagued grain. This leads me to believe that if we weren't there, they wouldn't have found crates. This leads to greater amounts of dead, but it also means that the Alliance bands together stronger. Maybe the events leading up to the present of WoW play differently. But the point is that, with no Lich King, two of the 5 groups of the Horde are removed. The Forsaken aren't formed because...well, Duh. And the Blood Elves never become such. So. Less powerful horde=More Powerful Alliance, equals no new horde as such.
    So, why are the infinite trying to erase the horde? Thoughts?

Edit: Was talking with my friends and some other timeline changes occured to me
    Culling of stratholme: Arthas never goes to northrend, which causes the alliance to not lose Muradin. Also, Arthas never kills his father, leaving Lordaeron in alliance hands for the third war.
    Last edited by BlackwingHecate; 2010-10-26 at 03:14 AM.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

omg this is a really good kickass theory.

OT: i think the horde does something that might cause harm to the infinites.

No New Horde, everybody dies at Mount Hyjal and you're all speaking demonic.

Because the leader of the infinite dragon flight is King Varian Wrynn

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    True, but the infinites aren't involved in the Mount Hyjial raid. That's why I didn't put any thought into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Urufu View Post
    True, but the infinites aren't involved in the Mount Hyjial raid. That's why I didn't put any thought into it.
    Well no, but they are involved in events preceding Mount Hyjal, which means that they would have had a profound effect on the outcome anyways, had they been successful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Well no, but they are involved in events preceding Mount Hyjal, which means that they would have had a profound effect on the outcome anyways, had they been successful.
    Hadn't thought of that. I personally abide by the theory that the leader of the infinite flight is Nosdormu.

Quote Originally Posted by Urufu View Post
    Hadn't thought of that. I personally abide by the theory that the leader of the infinite flight is Nosdormu.
    I totally think the same thing too, maybe the leader of the infinite flight is the Nosdormu of an alternate time line and he is trying to stop someone as strong as himself.

Deleted
    would be cool if the next expansion was about "saving" the horde :P

Blizz could make some really sweet boss fights if the enemy can control time / be the bronze/infinite dragon flight since they may or may not be the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Talanaer View Post
    I totally think the same thing too, maybe the leader of the infinite flight is the Nosdormu of an alternate time line and he is trying to stop someone as strong as himself.
    This actually ties in with my personal logic. Given how we seem to be going through Aspects like they're going out of style, I can see something happening where the titans show up and make various currently mortal characters the new aspects. Thrall becomes the new aspect of life, Malfurion becomes the new aspect of dream, maybe Brann the new aspect of earth, Maybe Jania the new aspect of magic. But who would become the new aspect of time? Well, judging by the fact the leader of the infinites is trying to erase the new horde, it seems like they'll be a member of said group. Maybe someone knowledgable about history.

...In otherwords, my theory is that they ARE going out of style.
    I had a thought of who the new Time aspect could be. My thought is that it could be the Blood Elf orphan from Children's week. Let me go back to an earlier point. No Arthas, No battle for the Sunwell, no Blood Elves. Maybe, no matter what happens the little girl grows up to become the Aspect of Time. So, what would be a better environment for a future being of that power? One that's Ravaged by War and where she grows up alone and without a loving family? Or one where peace is the norm and she has a loving family that will teach her right from wrong?
    Last edited by BlackwingHecate; 2010-10-26 at 03:17 AM.

I'm not sure this is even simply a theory anymore. The quest with the hourglass in Dragonblight flat-out reveals Nozdormu as the leader of the Infinite Flight.
    The only "theory" is trying to guess why.

I would think that there is a profound reason that Nozdormu cannot discuss whatever problem with the inhabitants of the present for fear of it affecting the outcome he's going for. Could lead to a nice raid zone at the very least I would say. Baddies that are so powerful it takes the aspect of time to personally go full-out on them...?