Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilski View Post
    I hope the new Wiki doesn't use the stupid RPG books for all its articles. I understand that they add depth, but some of the sections for characters (fighting style...) are totally stupid, as well as some of the content that comes out of nowhere.
    That's the thing about a wiki: if you feel that some information is wrong, then edit it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorni View Post
    Blizzard doesn't care about the story. Go and fight your polygon monsters, now.
    Its their universe, and they really do try to tell some stories. It is just that their universe is so large now, that its impossible to tell a single coherent story anymore. Its like trying to make a single thread about human history, meaningless to even try.

So, from the reading I did on wowwiki (used to edit there a lot) it looks like a bunch of people got pissy, stole the content, and made it appear as if they are the righteous ones. I mean, all the pages I wrote are copied verbatim into wowpedia. So, whats going on? The blurb at the top of the news here doesn't give me much of a clue.

So how is the new wowpedia not just taking the best of wowwiki (except not taking the best editors)? How is swapping to wowpedia going to benefit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEROWASHU View Post
    So, from the reading I did on wowwiki (used to edit there a lot) it looks like a bunch of people got pissy, stole the content, and made it appear as if they are the righteous ones. I mean, all the pages I wrote are copied verbatim into wowpedia. So, whats going on? The blurb at the top of the news here doesn't give me much of a clue.

So how is the new wowpedia not just taking the best of wowwiki (except not taking the best editors)? How is swapping to wowpedia going to benefit?
    Wowpedia have not "stolen" anything as it's free to copy the content because of the license it's under, as long as they attribute the edits to their contributor(s) - which you can see that they have. If you've been around then you'd see the changes that Wikia is forcing on WoWWiki.

The admins of Wowpedia will have much more control of what's happening to the site than they would under the rule of Wikia.
    Last edited by mmocb0dfd59325; 2010-10-26 at 10:02 AM.

Deleted
    Wait a second. Onixia again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blondie View Post
    Do you even fight the Avatar of Hakkar anymore? Doesnt seem like it. Wasnt that the whole point of the Sunken Temple?
    Avatar of Hakkar fight was in the Sanctum of the Fallen God, you had to summon him so either theres something you have to click on in that room or the NPC at the start gives you something to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaros View Post
    I don't really get the point of this, having a look at a couple of pages, it just seems to be a 1-1 copy of wowwiki, whats the point in 2 sites with the same stuff on it...
    Wikia forced a new skin on wowwiki that included five ad spots and pushed most of the pages content down about a screen. This has caused many of the admins and editors to abandon wowwiki/wikia. Wowwiki is still free to edit and use, but Wowpedia is the replacement since the admins will now have far more control over the ads and layout. There was no way to "break off" from wikia.
    HORDE: Talinaeril @ Burning Blade
    ALLIANCE: Gorta @ Sargeras
    Warcraft Pets

anyone got eyes on the 4.0.1a patch notes?

i don't mind the ads, just the noisy ones that you have to turn off that really annoy me, it's fine for websites to have ads though...it's their form of revenue.
    As for the split it's kinda unfourtunate, having two websites doing the exact same thing, but from what i have read the split was for the general good of the community.I wish wowpedia the best and will frequent it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by walexia View Post
    i don't mind the ads, just the noisy ones that you have to turn off that really annoy me, it's fine for websites to have ads though...it's their form of revenue.
    As for the split it's kinda unfourtunate, having two websites doing the exact same thing, but from what i have read the split was for the general good of the community.I wish wowpedia the best and will frequent it.
    It's not the exact same: WoWWiki won't have their content as updated.

Deleted
    That sucks about Sunken T that was an amazing instance.

Quote Originally Posted by g0urra View Post

The admins of Wowpedia will have much more control of what's happening to the site than they would under the rule of Wikia.
    As in, they don't have to listen to the people who were running the wowwiki? As in, they felt they were not consulted enough by who? I went back and read the forums/special pages and I don't see anything on wowwiki other than certain people getting pissy.

I reclaimed my wowwiki username, so it should not be long before I figure out who came across and why. Should be interesting if some of the big guns stayed with the old site.

Quote Originally Posted by Limpy View Post
    Wait a second. Onixia again?
    Undead Onyxia xD

Judging by the Onyxia video mages became VERY interesting in cataclysm. From one button... to one button spamming.

10+ Year Old Account
    They ruined sunken temple, the best (fun) part was the upper area with all the trolls and maze design.

Trial of the Crusader now uses the Dynamic Difficulty system found in Icecrown Citadel and The Ruby Sanctum.

So where does that put "Tribute to Dedicated Immortality"? :/

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    They ruined sunken temple, the best (fun) part was the upper area with all the trolls and maze design.
    I was shocked by that change, I loved running Sunken Temple. Is there some new rule in low level dungeon design that says "must be done it fifteen minutes or less"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    Maze wasn't hard to solve. But it was fun anyway. Game should have some difficult content in low and medium levels, but looks like Blizzard is targeting arcade players lately
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

Quote Originally Posted by ZEROWASHU View Post
    I was shocked by that change, I loved running Sunken Temple. Is there some new rule in low level dungeon design that says "must be done it fifteen minutes or less"?
    Try to imagine newcomers doing ST, Gnomer, Mara... Hell, I'm playing this for 4 years and still spent 30min going around ST on my 80 for the achievement.

It's not about "15min or less", more like "less than an hour and without the risk of getting lost and having your group disbanded in sheer frustration".

The wikia ad placement was screwing up almost all the pages.

Wowwiki: http://i.imgur.com/3qGho.png

Wowpedia: http://i.imgur.com/k2QkN.png