Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valiorik View Post
    Maze wasn't hard to solve. But it was fun anyway. Game should have some difficult content in low and medium levels, but looks like Blizzard is targeting arcade players lately
    Maze?? FUN?? WHERE?? In sunken temple???
    It was like THIS: Trash-trash-trash-trash-Trashboss (no loot, or stupid loot)-trash-trash-Trashboss (no loot, or stupid loot)-trash-trash-trash-trash-Trashboss (no loot, or stupid loot)-trash-trash-Trashboss (no loot, or stupid loot)-trash-trash-Trashboss (no loot, or stupid loot)-trash-trash-Trashboss (no loot, or stupid loot)-trashdragons-trashdragons-trashdragons-trashdragons-trashdragons-"OH AT LAST !! THIS INSTANCE HAVE SOME BOSSES !!! VIVA LA RESPUBLICA!!!"
    And how many times did you kill OrangeTrollBoss with "trash-trash-trash-trash-WHERE ARE WE?Wrong way-trash-trash-Oh statues!!"-Summon system??
    I'm really glad they did it.

And i think this is wrong to let people test someone like Cho'gall and Al'akir

P.S. Sorry my bad english

healing rain looks like the most fun and op healing spell....

can't wait to level my shammy!

BOTTOM portion of Sunken Temple is gone, not the top.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    What exactly alows wowpedia to just copy paste all wowwiki articles?
    All Wikia articles are created under Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/) and thus are free to share, duplicate, and edit, so long as original credit is provided.

More importantly, almost every single active contributor from WoWWiki has moved to Wowpedia, anyway.

WoWWiki used to be independantly hosted, but moved to Wikia a few years ago, and in the process they gave ownership of the domain name to Wikia. Now Wikia is forcing changes that the creators and contributors of WoWWiki disagree with, so the community decided to find a new host, but Wikia refused to return / sell back the old WoWWiki.com domain. So they renamed it Wowpedia.org, which was decided to be the best available domain name.

To put it more simply, WoWWiki is simply changing hosts from Wikia to Curse. They only changed the name because Wikia refused to sell them back the WoWWiki.com domain name.

Quote Originally Posted by zeemeerman2 View Post
    Why not just update the WoWwiki site?
    Because Wikia, the host of WoWWiki, is forcing a new layout, new ads, blogs, mergers, and a variety of other changes that break many WoWWiki article layouts and in general muck everything up.

In the coming weeks, you will no doubt see many wikia-hosted wikis move to other websites, because nobody is happy about the changes and the Wikia staff refuse to listen to feedback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinkertown, and it's driving all the gnomes crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Audréy View Post
    dont know why people are proud of it, if everyone would use one you would pay for every site, then happy?
    I am proud I use add blocker, for the same reason I DVR everything I watch on TV. So I do not have to see companies begging for money, be that General Motors or curse.com, or whatever advertisers are on mmo-champ. (I couldn't tell you who they are since i found an actual add-blocker for Safari directly from Apple. I do not wish to see any advertising in my entertainment, and therefore take steps to prevent that. If people lose their jobs because of lack of advertising revenue...so much the better.
    "Traveling allows you to visit new towns and meet new people." - Genghis Khan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except without annoying ads EVERYWHERE.

WoWWiki's ads were so bad they'd be in the middle of the content, screwing up the page layout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivermark View Post
    Wowwiki had ads?
    Agreed.
    I can't believe there are still peeps that use the Internet w/o an adblocker of some kind.
    I couldn't imagine the web without Opera + Fanboys List.

Quote Originally Posted by halfbee View Post
    I am proud I use add blocker, for the same reason I DVR everything I watch on TV. So I do not have to see companies begging for money, be that General Motors or curse.com, or whatever advertisers are on mmo-champ. (I couldn't tell you who they are since i found an actual add-blocker for Safari directly from Apple. I do not wish to see any advertising in my entertainment, and therefore take steps to prevent that. If people lose their jobs because of lack of advertising revenue...so much the better.
    ya im not that much of a dbag

i let an ad in every now n then

Quote Originally Posted by Begpo View Post
    Maze?? FUN?? WHERE?? In sunken temple???
    It was like THIS: Trash-trash-trash-trash-Trashboss (no loot, or stupid loot)-trash-trash-Trashboss (no loot, or stupid loot)-trash-trash-trash-trash-Trashboss (no loot, or stupid loot)-trash-trash-Trashboss (no loot, or stupid loot)-trash-trash-Trashboss (no loot, or stupid loot)-trash-trash-Trashboss (no loot, or stupid loot)-trashdragons-trashdragons-trashdragons-trashdragons-trashdragons-"OH AT LAST !! THIS INSTANCE HAVE SOME BOSSES !!! VIVA LA RESPUBLICA!!!"
    And how many times did you kill OrangeTrollBoss with "trash-trash-trash-trash-WHERE ARE WE?Wrong way-trash-trash-Oh statues!!"-Summon system??
    I'm really glad they did it.

And i think this is wrong to let people test someone like Cho'gall and Al'akir

P.S. Sorry my bad english
    See, this is why I nicknamed this "Suckin' Temple". 'Cause it does. I've been doing this instance for years. There really has never been anything fun about it. Especially down in the basement, where you have to summon the boss by fighting trash and clicking on statues in the right order. =P I still completely fail to see where "long, boring and frustrating" equals "epic" or "fun".

I applaud these new changes!

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explosion_Rex View Post
    I'm really hoping they stick to there no intrusive ads promise. I'm looking forward to never having to go back to wowwiki again.... but then again, since Curse bought MMO ads have been popping up and yelling at me all the time now, so I won't be surprised if wowpedia gets just as bad.
    Until you start donating large sums of money to the people that are gracious enough to provide these websites, deal with ads. A lot of you have literally no idea the work involved in maintaining these sites, and how much it costs to run a webserver with the traffic and bandwidth curse sites bring in. These are professional sites, not "I've used Dreamweaver once, here let me use a table for layout elements and design you a shitty site from my 15 year old animated gif library" sites that someone does as a hobby. These sites are jobs. Wiki sites are maintained by a bunch of contributors, but even so they're not small time websites to maintain.

Stop complaining about ads, because without them you wouldn't have these hugely popular and informative sites you like so much. Because the vast majority of the sites users will not donate to help, so ads are necessary.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

So you feel it would be a good thing for the publishers and paid administrators of this site to lose their jobs? I can understand an aversion to advertising, but not realising its necessity in allowing quality free content and entertainment, such as this site, is a tad naive.
    Tankadin/Hunter/Mage/Rogue
    "Lag, what lag?... Can I get a res?"

15+ Year Old Account
    In that video of Onyxia/Nefarian that song reminds me of a song Yakooki used for his Curse vs Blackwinglair movie epic moments <3

Still not finding the 4.01a patch notes. Also, I applaud bliss on cutting the fat out of these old instances. No, spending 1 1/2 to 2 hours in ST was not fun. For every 1 person that enjoyed that crap, you would find 10 that didn't.

And in the worst case scenario where sites like MMO-Champ simply disappear because they can't fund themselves? Don't get me wrong, I use ad-block, but my policy is that I don't block the ads on a page unless or until they become excessive or obnoxious. I come to MMO-champ everyday(ish) and consume the results of Boub's hard work, why wouldn't I want to see him get paid for it?

Quote Originally Posted by rboa View Post
    They left over THAT?????? Really???? If it had been over something big like using purple vs light purple. I think they got a crit on an overreact.

Wowwiki is very useful and informative. I hope everything works out with the move.
    It's not the skin (although it is butt ugly). It the way the skin was implemented. Wikia one day randomly decided to make this new skin mandatory on ALL of their wikis, not just WoWWiki, and deleted and/or ignored the overwhelming negative feedback it had gotten (including several reports of the skin causing eyestrain and migranes) and decided to shove it down the throats of all of their wikis. Claiming it would be too expensive to maintain two skins, Wikia is getting rid of the option to use Monaco (the former default skin) on November 3rd, making this eyesore of a skin mandatory for people using the site. Several wikis, not just WoWWiki, left over Wikia's disregard to their community. However, because WoWWiki is Wikia's cash cow, Wikia attempted to bribe them by offering them (and ONLY them) an increase on the skin size. Didn't work.

tl;dr Wikia are acting like shitbags, WoWWiki moved because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DrgnDancer View Post
    And in the worst case scenario where sites like MMO-Champ simply disappear because they can't fund themselves? Don't get me wrong, I use ad-block, but my policy is that I don't block the ads on a page unless or until they become excessive or obnoxious. I come to MMO-champ everyday(ish) and consume the results of Boub's hard work, why wouldn't I want to see him get paid for it?
    Hmmm, Ive been using the internet for 15 years, I cant recall ever clicking on an ad, ever, anywhere.... so im not really sure how much advertising revenue I was generating in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeldan View Post
    BOTTOM portion of Sunken Temple is gone, not the top.
    Actually, both, the bottom (area with the snake statue puzzle) and the top (area with the trolls blocking access to Jammal'an the Prophet) are gone. Now you get the middle portion with the big bosses like Hakkar, Enarkus and Jammal'an

Hey guise! We remade sunken temple! You go in, an NPC hands you some loot, and you're done! We know players will like it much better this way. Its always best to do what players think they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinkertown, and it's driving all the gnomes crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowcrash512 View Post
    Hmmm, Ive been using the internet for 15 years, I cant recall ever clicking on an ad, ever, anywhere.... so im not really sure how much advertising revenue I was generating in the first place.
    Same here, only difference between then and now is...I don't see the adds either. I might be more disposed to allow adds on certain sites (MMOC being one of them) if they were relevant. Adds about geek dating services, the one for women's purses...(that was one i saw here before i got add blocker)...yeah. Make them relevant and I might look at them.
    "Traveling allows you to visit new towns and meet new people." - Genghis Khan.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Except without annoying ads EVERYWHERE.

WoWWiki's ads were so bad they'd be in the middle of the content, screwing up the page layout.
    Wasn't exactly their choice, but being part of the (at the time) Wiki network which imposed stupid things on them... The last stupid thing is what made all the admins decide to backup all their work and setup shop elsewhere.

Finally. Blizz patches all this glitchy BS. Fuck you, cogwheel/flower/mining pick of death!