Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Patch 4.0.1a, Wowpedia, Raid Loot and Video Update, Sunken Temple, Blue Posts

Patch 4.0.1a on live servers this week
    A new bugfix patch appeared on Blizzard servers and it looks like this week's maintenance will be used to upgrade the live realms to Build 13205, most likely to fix the major bugs in the current version of the game.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    World of Warcraft Client Patch 4.0.1a

The latest test realm patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patch...atchnotes.html

The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/

We are updating World of Warcraft with a minor bug fix patch. For updated information regarding the changes made in this patch, please visit the official General forum at: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/bo...Id=10001&sid=1

Ex-WoWWiki Admins Join Curse to Create Wowpedia
    You probably saw a couple of forum posts about it, most of the team behind WoWWiki left the website and created a new site: Wowpedia.org. On a personal level, I'm glad that the team decided to pick Curse for this new project and I'm sure we have a great opportunity to build something really nice with that new site.

From Curse.com
    We're extremely excited to announce that the administrators and contributors previously from WoWWiki have now joined the Curse family of websites and have created a new wiki for World of Warcraft, Wowpedia.org.

This free-to-use, community-driven wiki is the latest in our efforts to provide World of Warcraft players with premiere content and resources to help make your experiences better both in and out of the game.

Wowpedia is already booming, but it will need the help of the community to continue to thrive. Head over and make it the best wiki for World of Warcraft!

A few of the stats for Wowpedia, so far:

• More than 218,000 pages have been created, with over 84,000 content pages
    • Over 72,000 users have registered to contribute to the wiki and its community
    • 15 administrators, all focused on building the premiere information resource for World of Warcraft
    • 330,000 visits since Wowpedia went live last week

We're also pleased to announce that for the next two months, Wowpedia will operate completely ad-free. And while we'll need to have advertising on the website eventually to cover hosting fees, those ads will never be obtrusive or affect the flow of content on a page.

As always, it's our goal here at Curse to provide gamers with the best possible tools, and the Wowpedia team is a great addition to the family.

Cataclysm Raid Loot Update
    Cho'gall and a few bosses died a few more times, more items have been discovered!

ilvlTypeSpecSlotItem
    359DaggerPhysical DPSOne-HandUhn'agh Fash, the Darkest Betrayal
    359PlateHealWristShackles of the End of Days
    359PlateMeleeHeadHelm of Maddening Whispers
    359PlateMeleeLegsTerrastra's Legguards
    359PlateTankChestBattleplate of the Apocalypse
    359MailHealShoulderFeludius' Mantle
    359MailPhysical DPSHeadArion's Crown
    359MailSpellLegsKilt of the Forgotten Battle
    359LeatherPhysical DPSHeadMembrane of C'Thun
    359LeatherSpellFeetTreads of Hideous Transformation
    359ClothSpellHandsHands of the Twilight Council
    359CloakMeleeBackGlittering Epidermis
    359FingerSpellFingerSignet of the Fifth Circle
    359TrinketHealingTrinketFall of Mortality
    359TrinketSpell DPSTrinketHeart of Ignacious

Cho'gall 25 Multi-PoV and Nefarian/Onyxia Sneak Peek Videos
    Paragon released another video of Cho'gall 25, this one has multiple point of views and might give you a few more details on the fight! Also, the french guild Millenium managed to activate the first part of the Onyxia/Nefarian encounter in Blackwing Descent. Currently, you cannot finish the fight and Onyxia will be stuck at 1 HP.

The Sunken Temple in Cataclysm
    If you watched/attended Blizzcon you probably heard that the size of the Sunken Temple/Temple of Atal'hakkar is greatly reduced now that the top portion of the instance is gone. Basically the only thing left is a quest NPC at the entrance, some trash, and 4 easily accessable bosses, more than enough to make your rerolls very happy to run the instance!

Beta Raid Testing Schedule for Oct. 26
    Originally Posted by Daelo (Blue Tracker)
    We're going to open up BOTH encounters in the Throne of the Four Winds on October 26 for worldwide testing starting tomorrow morning around 11AM server time (PDT).

• Conclave of Wind
    • Al'Akir

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "Insane in the Membrane" in Cataclysm
    Insane in the Membrane is a feat of strength, not an achievement. Feats are things that you can't be guaranteed to complete, which is why they're feats and not achievements. Most of them are actually now impossible to complete, and this feat will join a long list of "you had to be there" moments in WoW time.

The feat isn't being removed of course, those who have it will retain it, however; some of the requirements are, so it will no longer be able to be completed by anyone who has not already done so.

It's possible that in some very specific situations where someone has completed the reputations which are being removed, but not others that will still be in the game, that it can still be completed. But it's something we're waiting for clarity on, and will let you know as soon as we do. (Source)
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2010-10-26 at 05:48 AM.

yay, wowwiki was becoming overly outdated, looking forward to the changes.

no patch notes or anything on what is getting fixed? :\

good thing wowpedia seems to be exactly the same as wowwiki...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corpious View Post
    good thing wowpedia seems to be exactly the same as wowwiki...
    Except without annoying ads EVERYWHERE.

WoWWiki's ads were so bad they'd be in the middle of the content, screwing up the page layout.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Insane in the Membrane will be the hot rage topic now. And prices are going to skyrocket up.

Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    no patch notes or anything on what is getting fixed? :\
    read further...

The new site is WoWWiki, in the sense that the entire community left Wikia. But they wouldn't give the domain name up. That's the only reason for the name change.

Oh that makes sense.

Deleted
    I wish I was that paladin healer using double solace... (or he's just using 2 trinkets with the same buff image).

Quote Originally Posted by genericpeter View Post
    read further...

You mean the links that go to the 4.0.1 notes?
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

For those wandering, my understanding of why it moved is because of wikia itself. Apparently its gone bad with its new layouts and the ads were terrible on the website. Could be more, who knows.

You know, I don't think I would ever want to put something called "Membrane of C'Thun" on my head.

I don't really get the point of this, having a look at a couple of pages, it just seems to be a 1-1 copy of wowwiki, whats the point in 2 sites with the same stuff on it...

Deleted
    Hm... Back on the PTR of 4.0.1, there was a pretty big pre-Cata event questline. When is Blizzard going to implement that? Because I would like to see it again on Live.

I'm hoping tonight with the patch Lihonessa, theres only 5 weeks to launch so they need to get started soon

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only slightly annoyed that there are no new patch notes for what's being fixed and/or changed? And yeah, I hated the new layout for WoWWiki, so hopefully the new one will be better.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post

WoWWiki's ads were so bad they'd be in the middle of the content, screwing up the page layout.
    Which is why Wikia forced the skin change on wowiki. It was a great change but the wowwiki crew whined about it and left. If you think Curse won't have adds throughout wowpedia after two months, you're delusional.

Anyone know the music from the Nefarian vid?

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post

What adds ? I havent seen any adds on WoWwiki, like ever.