Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Except without annoying ads EVERYWHERE.

WoWWiki's ads were so bad they'd be in the middle of the content, screwing up the page layout.
    Wowwiki had ads? Well, I guess AdBlock did it's job flawlessly all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Am I the only slightly annoyed that there are no new patch notes for what's being fixed and/or changed? And yeah, I hated the new layout for WoWWiki, so hopefully the new one will be better.
    Yeah. Probably Blizz had to pull those out, because there were major bugs in patch notes.
    Last edited by Ottius; 2010-10-26 at 06:36 AM.

Deleted

darkmoon

Man i just really hope that they will maintain the progress in insane the membrance s:
    I only need darkmoon faire. but i don't think i can make it till cataclysm....

Also that sagger... INSANE.

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazerCats View Post
    You know, I don't think I would ever want to put something called "Membrane of C'Thun" on my head.
    if you ever go back under Cthun, check if they removed the scrotum >grin<

bad move making wowpedia.ORG nobody is going to remember its .org and people are going to get confused with going to wowpedia.com which takes you to a totally different site. I honestly just made the mistake myself.

I'm really hoping they stick to there no intrusive ads promise. I'm looking forward to never having to go back to wowwiki again.... but then again, since Curse bought MMO ads have been popping up and yelling at me all the time now, so I won't be surprised if wowpedia gets just as bad.

In my opinion, WoWWiki has been deteriorating over the last year or so, so a new start for WoWWiki is maybe just what it needed and I don't see it as a boon for wowpedia that the staff moved there.

The company intended to merge Memory Alpha, WoWWiki, and Zelda Wiki in a similar fashion; the proposal was successfully opposed by users of all three sites. Zelda Wiki is still an independent wiki, while WoWWiki and Memory Alpha have still been merged, though they were allowed to keep their domain names.
    Pulled this from the Wikia page on Wikipedia. I think that is the real reason why they left. And to the people complaining about ads... Just download Adblock Plus for Firefox and Adthwart for Chrome. Ad problem solved.
    Last edited by sacredkhaos; 2010-10-26 at 07:03 AM.

What exactly alows wowpedia to just copy paste all wowwiki articles?

Why not just update the WoWwiki site?

And about those ads... Adblock Plus for FireFox or any other adblocker if it's so annoying for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Except without annoying ads EVERYWHERE.

WoWWiki's ads were so bad they'd be in the middle of the content, screwing up the page layout.
    Good thing it's relatively easy to remove adds, including text based and overlays.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still a bit confused about the Avast Ye, Admiral! FoS too. They mentioned the changes to it being the 'bullet' in the head for Insane. Wondering if they're also turning this into one of these unobtainable Feats too
    Last edited by Seejay; 2010-10-26 at 07:24 AM. Reason: pbean already asked about the flavour test as I was typing this :}

Does anyone know, which factions are being removed from 'insane in the membrane' which we'd have to complete beforehand?

Quote Originally Posted by Yagamoth View Post
    Does anyone know, which factions are being removed from 'insane in the membrane' which we'd have to complete beforehand?
    Shen'dralar for sure and it sounds like something to do with the bloodsail rep, but I'm not entirely sure. I'm half way through Shen'dralar which I can complete before Cata . I really hope they don't remove Darkmoon Faire or I will be pretty bummed. I've been working on this for awhile and was going to relax and just make darkmoon cards here and there to complete the last faction.
    Last edited by KCguy; 2010-10-26 at 07:27 AM.

I really hope they don't remove Darkmoon Faire or I will be pretty bummed. I've been working on this for awhile and was going to relax and just make darkmoon cards here and there to complete the last faction.
    There are new Darkmoon cards with inscription in cata. pretty sure Darkmoon Faire is staying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    There are new Darkmoon cards with inscription in cata. pretty sure Darkmoon Faire is staying.
    Shendralar Rep is going away, and you won't be able to restore Goblin rep with DM runs/librams will be taken out, too.

I love how the first song in the Nefarian/Onyxia video is taken from the classic Curse vs BWL video, Chromaggus fight

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    True, but at the same time they could remove the faction and just have it so you can make the new cards and have the quests so you can still get the crappy low level rewards. I'm optimistic that they will keep it in for that very reason, but do have my doubts.
    Last edited by KCguy; 2010-10-26 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by superfula View Post
    Which is why Wikia forced the skin change on wowiki. It was a great change but the wowwiki crew whined about it and left. If you think Curse won't have adds throughout wowpedia after two months, you're delusional.
    They forced the change so they could put MORE ads by having smaller layouts with smaller text, idiot.

I and many others have abandoned Wowwiki as a result of their greedy actions and we are fully investing in Wowpedia, when users vote and the vote passes, the changes are not forced on us against our will, it defeats the very spirit of the Wiki resolution policies.
    Last edited by Revrant; 2010-10-26 at 07:48 AM.

Deleted
    since curse took over mmo champion the site got more ads and runs slower, glad they didnt took over wowwiki instead just made a new site

Quote Originally Posted by Audréy View Post
    since curse took over mmo champion the site got more ads and runs slower, glad they didnt took over wowwiki instead just made a new site
    Ads? good thing i have ad blocker.
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

Deleted
    Wowpedia, eh? I'll have to bookmark it and forget the old link.