Thread: widow venom

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

widow venom

Mortal Strike:
    A vicious strike that deals 185% weapon damage plus 423 and wounds the target, reducing the effectiveness of any healing received by 25% for 10 sec.

Improved Mind blast:
    Reduces the cooldown of your Mind Blast spell by 1.5 sec., and while in Shadowform your Mind Blast also has a 100% chance to reduce all healing done to the target by 25% for 10 sec.

Permafrost:
    Your Chill effects reduce the target's speed by an additional 10%, and the target's healing received by 25%. In addition, whenever you deal spell damage, your Water Elemental is healed for 15% of the amount dealt.

Wound Poison:
    Use: Coats a weapon with poison that lasts for 1 hour.
    Each strike has a chance of poisoning the enemy, causing 258 Nature damage and reducing all healing effects used on them by 25% for 15 sec.

Widow Venom:
    A venomous shot that reduces the effectiveness of any healing taken by 25% for 30 sec.

See the problem? Every MS is applied via a normal damaging attack except widow venom. Once again hunter's are special snow flakes with another clunky button that does no damage. I thought tranqshot was going to be our only non damaging shot but they added another one, awesome.

Since they couldn't make venoms work something needs to be done with this. just apply it via serpent sting IMO. Or maybe they will drop MS effects to 10% like they mentioned at blizzcon and we can safely just completely forget about this crappy shot.

Mortal Strike = Melee
    Mind Blast = Cast Time
    Permafrost = Cast Time
    Wound Poison = Chance on Proc/Swing Time
    Widow Venom = Instant Cast/Range

And if you think that 10% is crap, please, get out of PVP now.
    Last edited by Rhodianni; 2010-10-26 at 06:27 AM.

If you don't like it, don't play it.

I personally don't find this ability clunky at all.

more easily managed than the 10s one that fell off when you're cc'd/stunned/(target's LoS humping a pillar) etc.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2010-10-26 at 07:10 AM.

Feel free to run with a devilsaur, they apply the MS debuff automagically. Of course, then you're losing the utility of the spider/silithid ranged root.

Quote Originally Posted by vladdraculea View Post
    Mortal
    Widow Venom:
    A venomous shot that reduces the effectiveness of any healing taken by 25% for 30 sec.
    This debuff lasts twice as long as the other healing debuffs. That's a major bonus in PVP.
    http://bubble-hearth.com | there's no hearth like stone

widow venom lasts longer?

Widow Venom is the same 15 sec debuff during pvp. During pve you get the 30 sec debuff.

Also I read somewhere that the devilsaur and widow venom stack.

Ah there it is.
    http://huntsmanslodge.com/8158/some-...-pvp-notes.htm

10+ Year Old Account
    Mortal Strike:
    A vicious strike that deals 185% weapon damage plus 423 and wounds the target, reducing the effectiveness of any healing received by 25% for 10 sec.

Improved Mind blast:
    Reduces the cooldown of your Mind Blast spell by 1.5 sec., and while in Shadowform your Mind Blast also has a 100% chance to reduce all healing done to the target by 25% for 10 sec.

Permafrost:
    Your Chill effects reduce the target's speed by an additional 10%, and the target's healing received by 25%. In addition, whenever you deal spell damage, your Water Elemental is healed for 15% of the amount dealt.

Wound Poison:
    Each strike has a chance of poisoning the enemy, causing 258 Nature damage and reducing all healing effects used on them by 25% for 15 sec.

Widow Venom:

See the problem? Every MS is applied via a normal damaging attack except widow venom. Once again hunter's are special snow flakes with another clunky button that does no damage. I thought tranqshot was going to be our only non damaging shot but they added another one, awesome.

Since they couldn't make venoms work something needs to be done with this. just apply it via serpent sting IMO. Or maybe they will drop MS effects to 10% like they mentioned at blizzcon and we can safely just completely forget about this crappy shot.
    god forbid healing reductions are applied in different ways from class to class. let's just mash it all together.

the simple fact that you're comparing widow venom to every other healing reduction effect tells me what kind of a player you are.

and just so you don't say i'm a bad guy, here's some explaining. do you acknowledge that as a hunter you are the ONE class that has passive ranged dmg? along with the biggest possible range ? and if so do you agree that because of this and the uniqueness of the class mechanics (along with the problems it brings) you need a special treatment, something specifically tailored in order to have you in line with the other classes?

don't be lazy and press your buttons. and no, i don't see any problem. neither do you btw, but just because jack has a toy train you want one too now, not because you would really love or need it but because jack has it and you don't.

---------- Post added 2010-10-26 at 10:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kwekee View Post

Ah there it is.
    i'm 99% sure that's not intended.
    You know you play too much when your girlfriend's pants have a low drop rate.

Dunno about the chills duration, but:

Warrior: 10sec duration
    Spriest: 10sec duration

Rogue: 15sec
    Mage: Dont remember

Hunter: 30sec duration

and its applied at range with no cast time

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodianni View Post
    Mortal Strike = Melee
    damage + debuff for 1 GCD
    Mind Blast = Cast Time
    damage + debuff for 1 GCD. mind blasts cast time is les than the GCD and is painfully simple to do in pvp.
    Permafrost = Cast Time
    again short cast time and applied via a normal damaging attack
    Wound Poison = Chance on Proc/Swing Time
    again, applied via normal damage
    Widow Venom = Instant Cast/Range
    and applies no damage.

fact is of the healing debuff's in game, regardless of melee or ranged, hunters are the only ones who don't have it applied to a normal damaging attack.
    And if you think that 10% is crap, please, get out of PVP now.
    10% is barely relevant. we'll see if that actually goes live but it isn't significant.

---------- Post added 2010-10-26 at 02:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Batranu the 2nd View Post
    god forbid healing reductions are applied in different ways from class to class. let's just mash it all together.
    but they're not applied differently from class to class. every other class/spec that has one applies it via a damaging attack. only hunters are different here.
    and just so you don't say i'm a bad guy, here's some explaining. do you acknowledge that as a hunter you are the ONE class that has passive ranged dmg? along with the biggest possible range ?
    auto shot isn't passive. if it were it would be applied while moving. it isnt. further, hunter's no longer have a 45 yard range. we're 40 yards along with many ranged classes/specs now. in fact elemental shaman shocks out range us.
    and if so do you agree that because of this and the uniqueness of the class mechanics (along with the problems it brings) you need a special treatment, something specifically tailored in order to have you in line with the other classes?
    yes, there needs to be continuity with some things. all the other classes/specs have similar function. you apply the debuff doing something you normally would do.
    don't be lazy and press your buttons. and no, i don't see any problem. neither do you btw, but just because jack has a toy train you want one too now, not because you would really love or need it but because jack has it and you don't.[COLOR="red"]
    i would like to have it back the way it was. applying the debuff via an attack i'm going to use anyway. obviously aimed shot is out of the question however serpent sting is more than acceptable since they screwed the pooch with the whole venomw system anyway just apply it as the debuff to serpent sting.

Deleted
    Mortal Strike:

Improved Mind blast:

Permafrost:

Wound Poison:

Widow Venom:

Erm maybe so, but ours is dispellable, the other MS debuffs are physical, even the shadow priest 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    damage + debuff for 1 GCD
    damage + debuff for 1 GCD. mind blasts cast time is les than the GCD and is painfully simple to do in pvp.
    again short cast time and applied via a normal damaging attack
    again, applied via normal damage
    and applies no damage.

fact is of the healing debuff's in game, regardless of melee or ranged, hunters are the only ones who don't have it applied to a normal damaging attack.

10% is barely relevant. we'll see if that actually goes live but it isn't significant.

---------- Post added 2010-10-26 at 02:52 AM ----------

but they're not applied differently from class to class. every other class/spec that has one applies it via a damaging attack. only hunters are different here.
    2.auto shot isn't passive. if it were it would be applied while moving. it isnt. further, hunter's no longer have a 45 yard range. we're 40 yards along with many ranged classes/specs now. in fact elemental shaman shocks out range us.
    3. yes, there needs to be continuity with some things. all the other classes/specs have similar function. you apply the debuff doing something you normally would do.

4.i would like to have it back the way it was. applying the debuff via an attack i'm going to use anyway. obviously aimed shot is out of the question however serpent sting is more than acceptable since they screwed the pooch with the whole venomw system anyway just apply it as the debuff to serpent sting.
    1. because hunters are the only ones of their kind, unlike the general casters or melee.
    2. really? so because you have to stop for 0.1 seconds every 2.8-3 seconds for an autoshot (and this is assuming you're running) it disqualifies it as a passive ability? what do you ACTIVELY have to do to autoshot ? how about the shots fired on the steadyshot timer? are those passive or active? you're stretching it quite hard trying to prove a point. on the range issue, mea culpa. i didn't check on eagle eye talent's existence after patch. this could prove an issue, so i'm reserved for now.
    3. same with you, you just need to press 1 more button while kiting.
    4. this is personal preference. take into account this way of judgement might also be out of habit.
    You know you play too much when your girlfriend's pants have a low drop rate.

When have hunters ever had a 45 yard ranged on anything aside from Kill Shot? Pre-4.0, our base range for most shots was 35 yards, 41 when talented. We now have a 40 yard range on all of our most common shots. In case math isn't your strong suit, 40>35, meaning we actually GAINED range for all intents and purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by kwekee View Post

Ah there it is.
    obvious bug is obvious.

Also MS effects are supposed to be 10% (according to blizzcon answers)... imo its freaking joke... Sure it still helps bursting some1 down or draining enemy healer mana faster but meh... I would rather see complete removal of it from the game... Afterall it already lost its epic feel after blizz gave it away to half the classes in the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    obvious bug is obvious.

Also MS effects are supposed to be 10% (according to blizzcon answers)... imo its freaking joke... Sure it still helps bursting some1 down or draining enemy healer mana faster but meh... I would rather see complete removal of it from the game... Afterall it already lost its epic feel after blizz gave it away to half the classes in the game...
    keep in mind GC stated this is something they tested and weren't sure it would make it to live. it may stay at 25% it may drop to 10%.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think any of the others are dispellible, are they?

/edit: Hurf a durf of course Wound Poison is, but it's also applied constantly and automatically.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

They really should tack it onto another ability, thats what all of the others can do. Saying that all the MS's should be different is stupid if all but one are convenient and there is one left alone that sucks (ours.) Especially considering our MS on Aimed Shot used to be much better and now is far below the newer mage/spriest ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    They really should tack it onto another ability, thats what all of the others can do. Saying that all the MS's should be different is stupid if all but one are convenient and there is one left alone that sucks (ours.) Especially considering our MS on Aimed Shot used to be much better and now is far below the newer mage/spriest ones.
    They'll just point to Devilsaur's special as a "more convenient MS", since it costs 0 Focus and the Devilsaur will be eating your target anyway.

All those other are spec-specific, so it being BM only isn't too unreasonable.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Not 100% positive but one benefit to our MS might be the ability to use it on multiple targets at once, since there is no CD on it and it has a low focus cost.