Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan View Post
    Because we all know the skin of an animal is it's organs right? -_-

Anyway, well, that fits leather wearers afterall, we wear the skin already, so why not use all of their body parts? :P
    You might not know this, but Skin IS the largest organ in your body. Look it up if you don't believe me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skin

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, cloth is just more suited to the needs of fashion. Plate can look intimidating and powerful, and even chain can be fashioned into something that looks half-way ok. But leather, it's just dull coloured scraps of various animal's skin.

Those are of course real-life issues and shouldn't mean that leather looks shitty in game though. Still, it's a better explanation than none.
    "The truth, my goal."

hmm by skinning a pink magic pokemon elephant you get rogue tier 8,5? how about t11?

Wow this thread got slapped by the serious brigade!

I thought the same thing when I saw some of the names when ICC was still on the PTR. I was like 'Eww that sounds DISGUSTING' but, that's half the fun, haha. It stopped bothering me after a while, but if you think about it on a would-this-happen-irl level, rotface and festergut are going to drop disgusting slime-and-rot covered gear pieces. So it fits the general rotting discusting putrefying image given to a citadel filled with dead things walking!

I guess Cataclysm is more based on tentacle monsters (old gods), dragons and elementals, so the names will be a bit more respectable. Membrane of C'thun is still gross though, blech! Maybe thery're bringing C'thun named items back in for nostalgia's sake?

I agree that some of the names sound a bit disgusting, but most of the pieces look pretty neat. I love the look of a character in full rogue t-10 looking gear. The shoulders, chest, and helm all look pretty cool to me.

I personally loved all the jokes associated with the silly leather names.... ;o

Quote Originally Posted by Justbearwithit View Post
    Haste and expertise are two of the least valuable stats for bears. We'd replace it with something that had crit and mastery on it.

I can see possibly rogues and feral druids go for this...maybe?
    Actually expertise up to soft cap is one of the most important for bears. Even more so than hit. Please don't spread misinformation.

15+ Year Old Account
    i'd rather where those than an UNIDENTIFIED ORGAN. i mean c'mon, it could be anything.... ANYTHING!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphsara View Post
    "Texture" plays little to no part when Blizzard designs armor models. When does plate armor only cover a woman's boobs (And has full sleeves?)????
    First rule of fantasy: When it comes to a female armor model less material means more armor class, l2p.