Poll: What is your preferred TANK after 4.0

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Question What is your preferred TANK after 4.0

So since 4.0 all classes have had complete overalls, changing how many tanks function.

so my question is, after the class changes with 4.0, what is your or your guilds preferred raid tank choice?

pre-patch paladins were my favorite, but now they seem lack luster and lacking expecially in the TPS where our DK or Warrior don't seem to be having much issue at all
    Last edited by Rellekk; 2010-10-26 at 07:39 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Druid. The bear has never been funner to tank with until now.
    The way you have to play a druid now is challenging enough yet still fun to operate.

Made by Ariyana!

gotta say druid tanks have always been my least fav's

15+ Year Old Account
    They have? You're smokin pole.
    Druids are insane tanks, when it comes down to the taunt dances like Nalorakk, Gluth, etc. The Druid excels in those situations. drop out of bear put a reju on self and other tank, when it's time to taunt, hit Thorns, go back to work.

Made by Ariyana!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamato View Post
    They have? You're smokin pole.
    Druids are insane tanks, when it comes down to the taunt dances like Nalorakk, Gluth, etc. The Druid excels in those situations. drop out of bear put a reju on self and other tank, when it's time to taunt, hit Thorns, go back to work.
    if a tank has to pop out to help heal then you have bigger issues with your healers lol. I consider a good tank by the utility they bring, TPS and how much spike damage they take.

it is RARE to find a good druid tank

15+ Year Old Account
    I drop out of bear not to help heal, but rejuvenation just gives that extra little umph for threat when you need it.
    And what other class has higher TPS on a single or double target than druid and as far as lack of spike damage taken. Druids generally run over 50% dodge rating depending on gems, enchants, etc. Mine right now has 54% dodge, i take precisely no damage in heroics ever. Healers bust Smite Chakras from boredom.
    And Utility of a druid? Is there anything a druid can't do? Even as a tank they can throw at least a few heals, go cat and do some serious damage, or just stand there and dodge everything that comes in their face.

Made by Ariyana!

I still love warriors as much as I did before 4.0 but maybe that's just me being bias. I'm not sure. I never have a hard time healing a warrior and when I dps I don't pull from a warrior either.

My tps can get pretty high with druids and DKs, I have to watch my treat very carefully. They also appear to still take more damage than pally tanks and warrior tanks but that's nothing new.

10+ Year Old Account
    <<<<<<<

pally btw

Deleted
    Warrior is the most fun imo

Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk View Post
    if a tank has to pop out to help heal then you have bigger issues with your healers lol. I consider a good tank by the utility they bring, TPS and how much spike damage they take.

If one has excess mana and time to use it, why not put a rejuvenation on oneself to spare the healer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinth View Post
    You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Any of you Voting Death Knight can go jump off Acherus. lol

Made by Ariyana!

Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk View Post

Better do something than nothing, relieving healers of some stress will be of great value in Cataclysm.

---------- Post added 2010-10-26 at 10:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Summered View Post
    If one has excess mana and time to use it, why not put a rejuvenation on oneself to spare the healer?
    Beaten by this dude =(

10+ Year Old Account
    warrior feels good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    I love DK tanks, close second warriors, then pallys, and way way down there are druid tanks.
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

Death Knights BELOW end game are crazy fun.
    Death Knights tanking H 25mans = sad times.
    I really hope with 4.0.1a they give us our rune regen and 15RP RS (Though I'd take 30RP)

Currently Warrior Survivability with some of the new mechanics not to mention TPS (Lol easilly 23-26k tps what???) It just makes them OP... Though to be fair, I foresee the nerfbat coming to town...

Druids are good tanks, sometimes amazing! Though, it's not my cup of tea, I'd rather see druids topping charts on the healing meters... Nothing like OP HoTs

And it might just be me, but Pallies seem to be in bad shape... Once we get threat it seems to be ok, but getting it off of a mage lock or druid pulling 25k DPS is... Rough... Once we get the 3 HP with Divine Plea things will be easier for snap aggro... But right now building the HP to sustain threat at the start of a fight is just gruesome...

So yes, Warrior tanking right now is OP easilly enjoyable with almost crazy survivability... Anyone that tells you Warrior tanking blows right now is either retarded or a baddie...

10+ Year Old Account
    I have all 4 tanks. I still prefer the feel of my pally over all the others.

Pally the TPS he pulls is awesome

I'm a druid fanboy - and play as tank/dps. I know right now I play next to an equally geared warrior tank, and I think he possess more skill than I too, yet for the most part I end up main tanking because I seem to take less spike damage and can just get outright hit harder with less repercussions.

A good one, don't care what type just be good.