Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Lol, Geddon is easiest boss. When u fight with Gehennas u have to use CoS to dispel his curse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GaFFron View Post
    Lol, Geddon is easiest boss. When u fight with Gehennas u have to use CoS to dispel his curse.
    Thats the only thing to pay attention on Gehennas tbh. Whole instance is quite easy tbh

if you're soloing and struggling with debuffs, and CoS is on cooldown:

Use this http://www.wowhead.com/?item=9030
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Minor nitpick
    soloed ZG, easily. only "need to do" boss is jin'do, so hakkar won't have the mindcontrol and cannot reset the fight. less priests, the easiest.
    Jin'do actually does nothing to Hakkar. He is not a priest. Same goes for Mandokir.
    Hakkar will not MC anyways if you are really alone, but will MC with dead Jin'do if not.

Using Combat atm due to lack of daggers, but how did you do Curator? Any tips? Also Shade of Aran help would be appreciated

edit: Currently using 264/245 axes, all I've got is 245/232 daggers, should i respecc?
    Last edited by Crithappens; 2010-11-04 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    Using Combat atm due to lack of daggers, but how did you do Curator? Any tips? Also Shade of Aran help would be appreciated

edit: Currently using 264/245 axes, all I've got is 245/232 daggers, should i respecc?
    Curator is ezmode, don't know, why you had problems with him. Just kill all adds and dps boss all free time.
    Shade of Aran can be kited out from his room. It makes fight a lot easier.
    From Russia with love ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kelticfox View Post
    Yes it is. You can MC the dragon with ease however the spawning adds aggro you and cause you to loose MC when you are hit. Due to the MC debuff you can't immediately reaquire the dragon. If you kill the dragon he detonates everything and you die.

I figured out the minimum you need for the 1st boss is 3:
    1 to MC the Boss and kill the eggs.
    1 to Tank all the adds (and there are a lot!)
    1 to heal the tank (if you had a really good Paladin or Druid you might get away with 2!)
    Yeah, did it with a paladin friend was pretty simple with 2, but 3 makes it cake.

Garr i had real problems with, always get owned after a while (usually when evasion is out) Geddon though was very easy, wiped once to figure it out, second time a kill. Just ran from him when he pulsed and let recoup tick after i had run quite far

Just finished my first MC solo clear on my rogue today. I did one prior run to this, but as Combat spec with the necessary talents to keep me alive. Gehennas was a pain until I DPS'ed his adds first (since they stun) and had the necessary pots and such. Up to Golemagg was easy, but for the life of me as Combat spec, I could not take him down as I'd take too much damage over the long run, even with trying to clear the debuff. Finished the rest with a friend, but today, rather than using Combat spec, I went Subtlety, but made sure to put points into Imp Recup, so on Golemagg, I had two evasions with Prep. Majordomo was a cinch, even though 8 adds looks intimidating, and Rag was easy as Sub, cause Shadowstep helps when he bounces you up into the air.

So that's full ZG clear prior to 4.0.1 and full MC clear for me. Gonna try other instances later on this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirik View Post
    After some tries of killing ZA bosses I decided to create this thread
    SNIP
    I'll fix all links as soon as I can
    Damn dude that is impressive, I was all proud killing Fankriss as a feral tank druid and it sure wasn't easy. 40% is really really awesome I bet if you keep it up you could get it, there's a ton of RNG in that fight. You should post some videos!

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    if you're soloing and struggling with debuffs, and CoS is on cooldown:

Use this http://www.wowhead.com/?item=9030
    This. Did the quest for the recipe on my druid alchemist and nearly always keep a stack in my bag these days.

Been attempting Skeram, but I get pulverized even when the first split comes, because they are constantly spamming Earth Shock for 3K each unless I hit them, but as a rogue, I can only hit one at a time, so the other two are spamming, and even as Combat, Blade Flurry doesn't seem to reduce that to only one spamming.
    Updated (9/5/11)
    Current soloed content on rogue (Spec - Combat):
    Classic -- ZG (prior 4.0.1), MC, AQ20 (prior 4.0.3), AQ40 - Skeram, Sartura (prior 4.0.3), Bug Trio, Fankriss, Huhuran (4.0.6)
    TBC -- KZ (prior 4.0.3), ZA, SSC - Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Karathress, Morogrim, TK - Al'ar, Void Reaver, Solarian (4.0.6), Kael'thas (4.2.2), Magtheridon, Kazzak, CoT: MH - Azgalor (with trash) (4.0.6)

Quote Originally Posted by DiscostewSM View Post
    Just finished my first MC solo clear on my rogue today. I did one prior run to this, but as Combat spec with the necessary talents to keep me alive. Gehennas was a pain until I DPS'ed his adds first (since they stun) and had the necessary pots and such. Up to Golemagg was easy, but for the life of me as Combat spec, I could not take him down as I'd take too much damage over the long run, even with trying to clear the debuff. Finished the rest with a friend, but today, rather than using Combat spec, I went Subtlety, but made sure to put points into Imp Recup, so on Golemagg, I had two evasions with Prep. Majordomo was a cinch, even though 8 adds looks intimidating, and Rag was easy as Sub, cause Shadowstep helps when he bounces you up into the air.

So that's full ZG clear prior to 4.0.1 and full MC clear for me. Gonna try other instances later on this week.
    Hey, I myself am having a lot of trouble with Golemagg that is preventing me from doing a full MC clear. May I ask the details of your Sub spec? Is it a hemo spam variant? It seems interesting because you can pretty much guarantee 40 seconds of evasion but you're also missing out on the armor of combat and the 10% DR of deadened nerves from going sub...

Also did you go ahead and burn Golemagg straight up or did you let your debuffs fall off after a certain point (after cloak is on cooldown)?

Quote Originally Posted by Amikus View Post
    Hey, I myself am having a lot of trouble with Golemagg that is preventing me from doing a full MC clear. May I ask the details of your Sub spec? Is it a hemo spam variant? It seems interesting because you can pretty much guarantee 40 seconds of evasion but you're also missing out on the armor of combat and the 10% DR of deadened nerves from going sub...

Also did you go ahead and burn Golemagg straight up or did you let your debuffs fall off after a certain point (after cloak is on cooldown)?
    My spec is shown in my signature, which I'm proud to say now includes Skeram from AQ40. Man, he was a work of art.

Anyways, yes, it's a Hemo spam, as you can't do anything else as Sub when soloing. I had tried Combat spec when I first began my soloing adventures, when on Golemagg, I couldn't take him down, mainly because of the Magma Splash, which reduces armor every time you hit him, plus Combat just didn't have the output I'd have with both Mutilate and Subtlety. I could have gone with Mutilate, but at the time, I had a spec more prepped to when Cata comes out (which didn't include Deadened Nerves or Imp Recup). Since then, I had respecced for at least DN with that spec, so we'll have to see. There is still a problem with Mutilate spec when compared to Combat or Sub, and that is loss of dodge those other two trees gain either by talents or tree bonuses. I was seeing at least a difference of 8% dodge from Mut to Sub, and about 1% more from Sub to Combat.

As far as the fight, because of the constant incoming damage including Mangle ticks from the adds, I went Sub, not just for double Evasion, but also for a lower CD on CloS, which will remove the Magma Splash debuff. Used it once around the middle of the fight, and once around the end.

I did get to Viscidus, and I did get through his 2mil health only to find out that he won't die at 0% (I never fought him even when my guild began the instance back in vanilla). Checked online, and found that the fight revolves around frost hits to freeze him and then shatter him, killing off the divided pieces until at least 5% where he'll die. The question I'd like to know is can weapons that deal frost damage, have an added effect to deal frost hits or cast frost spells, or weapons coated with Frost Oil work in this case?
    Last edited by DiscostewSM; 2010-11-15 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Added line about Mut and dodge, and Viscidus
    Updated (9/5/11)
    Classic -- ZG (prior 4.0.1), MC, AQ20 (prior 4.0.3), AQ40 - Skeram, Sartura (prior 4.0.3), Bug Trio, Fankriss, Huhuran (4.0.6)
    TBC -- KZ (prior 4.0.3), ZA, SSC - Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Karathress, Morogrim, TK - Al'ar, Void Reaver, Solarian (4.0.6), Kael'thas (4.2.2), Magtheridon, Kazzak, CoT: MH - Azgalor (with trash) (4.0.6)

Woops! Can't believe I didn't look at your Sig before... But thank you for the elaboration. I will be trying this out this Tuesday. I wonder if the rest of the instance (Garr, Sulfuron, Domo, etc.) is do-able as Sub as well. I only ever gave combat a test, but it would be great if I could get my solo-ing fix from Sub as then I could use my dual spec for PvE mut and PvP/solo Sub without having to respec for Combat every time I feel like solo'ing something. Do you, yourself, do all your solo'ing as Sub or do you switch between Sub and combat as needed? I wonder if maybe as I move on to Kara, I might need the armor from Combat again...

And for what it's worth, I understand you're trying to solo your way through a lot of this content, but you should give Razorgore in BWL a try 2-man, either 2 rogues or maybe a rogue and a healer. It's actually quite a lot of fun and probably more challenging than a lot of the other solo encounters from MC/AQ20/ZG. At some point your screen becomes so saturated with mobs, but it's amazing to see how recuperate and having a high passive dodge keeps you up anyway!

My spec is shown in my signature, which I'm proud to say now includes Skeram from AQ40. Man, he was a work of art.

Anyways, yes, it's a Hemo spam, as you can't do anything else as Sub when soloing. I had tried Combat spec when I first began my soloing adventures, when on Golemagg, I couldn't take him down, mainly because of the Magma Splash, which reduces armor every time you hit him, plus Combat just didn't have the output I'd have with both Mutilate and Subtlety. I could have gone with Mutilate, but at the time, I had a spec more prepped to when Cata comes out (which didn't include Deadened Nerves or Imp Recup). Since then, I had respecced for at least DN with that spec, so we'll have to see. There is still a problem with Mutilate spec when compared to Combat or Sub, and that is loss of dodge those other two trees gain either by talents or tree bonuses. I was seeing at least a difference of 8% dodge from Mut to Sub, and about 1% more from Sub to Combat.

As far as the fight, because of the constant incoming damage including Mangle ticks from the adds, I went Sub, not just for double Evasion, but also for a lower CD on CloS, which will remove the Magma Splash debuff. Used it once around the middle of the fight, and once around the end.

I did get to Viscidus, and I did get through his 2mil health only to find out that he won't die at 0% (I never fought him even when my guild began the instance back in vanilla). Checked online, and found that the fight revolves around frost hits to freeze him and then shatter him, killing off the divided pieces until at least 5% where he'll die. The question I'd like to know is can weapons that deal frost damage, have an added effect to deal frost hits or cast frost spells, or weapons coated with Frost Oil work in this case?

Garr and Domo are pretty easy as Sub, it just takes a little bit longer because of no Blade Flurry. Sulfuron was tricky because of the adds constantly healing the one I was burning down, but I made a trick of my own for that. Rather than burning them down one at a time, take one down to about 75% right after they all heal, and then switch to another to burn down. It seems they set themselves to heal a target a couple of seconds prior to actually casting their heal, so it gives you a little more time.
    Updated (9/5/11)

I guess you could take http://www.wowhead.com/item=3829 frost oil, and a weapon with a frost effect, choose one.
    http://www.wowhead.com/items=2?filte...rv=frost#0-2+1

I skipped through the different weapons and some of them say "8sec CD" on their frostbolt effect.
    Since viscidus needs ~200 Frostattacks, I just hope they don't have a 8sec CD.

oh, and a weapon with additional frost damage could be better, but I don't know one...
    Last edited by Pope; 2010-11-15 at 08:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

I've been keeping an eye on this thread as I'm an avid soloer as well, working on Skeram atm. Anyway, I ran into the same issue with Viscidus and brought a frost mage along to help out. Turns out that even when he's 'frozen solid', you still need to trigger him shattering before you can kill the blobs. The shattering process is triggered by X number of attacks landing on him while he is frozen, which is not a very long time. It is not triggered by the amount of damage dealt to him while frozen (or at least more damage than a frost mage and I can put out.)

In any case, I wasn't able to land enough attacks to shatter him even with SnD and Killing Spree so I'm doubtful if he can be done by a rogue at all because of that. If you're not able to shatter him, he'll go back and forth between frozen and not frozen at 1% without dying. If you still want to try however, you might want to think about bringing trinkets that spawn adds to add more attacks during the frozen phase.

Just thought I'd save you the trouble of getting him to 1% and not killing him again.
    Last edited by Mizzet; 2010-11-15 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzet View Post
    I've been keeping an eye on this thread as I'm an avid soloer as well, working on Skeram atm. Anyway, I ran into the same issue with Viscidus and brought a frost mage along to help out. Turns out that even when he's 'frozen solid', you still need to trigger him shattering before you can kill the blobs. The shattering process is triggered by X number of attacks landing on him while he is frozen, which is not a very long time. It is not triggered by the amount of damage dealt to him while frozen (or at least more damage than a frost mage and I can put out.)

In any case, I wasn't able to land enough attacks to shatter him even with SnD and Killing Spree so I'm doubtful if he can be done by a rogue at all because of that. If you're not able to shatter him, he'll go back and forth between frozen and not frozen at 1% without dying. If you still want to try however, you might want to think about bringing trinkets that spawn adds to add more attacks during the frozen phase.

Just thought I'd save you the trouble of getting him to 1% and not killing him again.
    Probably stupid, but try with icy on weapons?

How do you get down Mandokir in ZG (Raptor mount boss)? still with clearing everythign and running from him after the 2nd Evasion is on cd or is there another way?