Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

What would be the breaking point for you?

Name something that would happen in the game that would for sure, 100% make you throw up your hands and say
    "DONE!" and quit WoW.

as for me I honestly can't see anything Blizzard would do that would make me quit... i'm too deep in the addiction

However, if their next MMO happens to have playable tauren in it, I might quit WoW for that.. considering my tauren fetish is my biggest reason for playing WoW
    ...did I say that?
    Tauren > you

When SWTOR is released.

Deleted
    gnome paladin = ragequit.

If you are able to buy items with real life money and said items make you have an advantage over other players, then i would quit.
    Trying to play GW2 like you played WoW is like trying to play Chess using a Checkers strategy.
    -----
    Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the night, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

D3
    Unannounced MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayl View Post
    If you are able to buy items with real life money and said items make you have an advantage over other players, then i would quit.
    Probably that ^ or if wow just gets really boring again like it did a lot in WoTLK
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

Quote Originally Posted by Drayl View Post
    this
    or
    another expansion as loltastic,lol30%,super easy mode fun bouncy time as wrath.
    Death Knights are good for one thing. Bank Alts. Nothing more.

Deleted
    To be honest, if they removed the guild system.

TO be LOL, if they stopped pallies healing.

going to try out the SW:ToR if tis great I am gone, i am a huge SW fan

To be honest with you, I almost completely ragequit when I found out how high health and mana were going to be come the expansion. Over time, as I saw the Beta unfold, it all eventually grew on me. However, if health pools get waaaaay too high I might eventually quit.

I dont think there is any one thing I can think of that would make me quit as i'm pretty adaptable. That said, I wouldn't be too happy if they decided to take the focus away from raids and onto a grind or single group based progression system. It's an extreme example but I cant think of any likely ones other then the stupidly over the top "Stop druids from healing" ect

10+ Year Old Account
    If for some crazy reason they raised the subscription price to some ridiculous amount. That would probably be the only thing to make me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd only quit if SWTOR has raiding content or any good end game. Or if they make me play Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmonkey View Post
    I don't think people understand that with the majority of raids in the past, they just debuffed the content to make things more accessible later on. Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Btw, where is your no buff kill?

OT: Probably any situation where they began to sell something that would give players who bought it a significant advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallynos View Post
    I don't think people understand that with the majority of raids in the past, they just debuffed the content to make things more accessible later on. Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Btw, where is your no buff kill?

OT: Probably any situation where they began to sell something that would give players who bought it a significant advantage.
    first off, theres no achievment/additional reward so beyond frapsing it just for you there isnt any way to prove it and not much point.
    second, my statement applies to all of wrath, leveling was easier, heroics/reg were easier, naxx was watered down so people wouldnt get raped in it,ulduar got nerfed even if it was the best raid in the xpac, toc was just faceroll and pathetic, and icc wasnt hard to begin with. its been a casuals wet dream of getting gear, mounts, and titles without having to do forced progression like it was in classic and bc.
    Death Knights are good for one thing. Bank Alts. Nothing more.

Something like turning a raid into a 5 man dungeon? Oh wait... (I kid)

But as others have mentioned - if spending real world money on an item or buff in game meant an in game advantage over others, I'd have to quit.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rain View Post
    Name something that would happen in the game that would for sure, 100% make you throw up your hands and say
    "DONE!" and quit WoW.
    I would probably quit if Blizzard stopped maintaining the game as well as they have been; i.e. no more mechanic re-balances, no bug fixes, no attempts to fix marginalized talent specs. There are games out there that have had broken content and game-breaking glitches for years. I'm looking at you, SOE.

In b4 "BUT WOW IS FULL OF BUGS LOLS" - we have it easy.
    Parietis :: Retribution Paladin
    Størmglory :: Enhancement Shaman
    Caecius :: Arms Warrior

If they don't implement a villain that isn't formulaic and predictable, I will be severely disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

If blizzard ever went back to a bc or worse vanilla perspective on hybrid dps.

If my Ret dps spec stops becomming viable, ill probably end up quitting wow. I loved ret in bc, I loved ret in WotLK, and im loving Ret post patch with all signs pointing to loving it in Cata.

Also the whole blizzard store thing. If this goes much past where it is now with a boa mount and a handful of pets it would also end my time playing wow. My problem isnt so much about them being able to get special items with money its that no matter what I do in game ill never be able to earn/farm/achieve them.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

icc wasnt hard to begin with. its been a casuals wet dream of getting gear, mounts, and titles
    Things like this make me sad. I hate low pop servers. 6.4k gs and I've never killed the lich king, probably won't before Cata.