Hunter Fix for lv85

The main complaint I have with hunters since patch is that they don't have that hunter feel, the mobility, that they had pre-patch. That mobility made them feel like a hunter.. it made the class more fun.
    In order to enhance that feeling at lv85(Yes I am in Beta) I propose! Why not give hunters Aspect of the hawk as a passive buff when not moving and aspect of the fox when we move. Thus removing the global cool down needed for the aspect switch. This would increase the damage of shots when standing still and increase the mobility of hunters when running. Hell you could take it a step further!... when hunters stand still we regenerate focus at a 50% faster rate.. when moving we regen focus at our normal rate.

Just a thought

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't trigger a GCD, it triggers an Aspect-only 1 sec cooldown, thus if you're quick enough, you can switch while shooting with a minimal loss.

If you try to macro it, it disables the aspect the second shot. I might have dumbed up writing it, however, I'll have to look into this further.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

The focus regen might help. What are your thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Convertabull View Post
    The focus regen might help. What are your thoughts?
    I personally don't like any of those buffs that make you stand still to do what you need to (like Sniper Training). Having to stand still while casting is one thing (that's sort of nullified with Fox), but having to stand still to do the best damage feels clunky.

anachronistic hypocrites

Hrmm. I would be very interested to hear users ideas on how to.. fix the feel of hunters from their current state.

Quote Originally Posted by chelate View Post
    If you try to macro it, it disables the aspect the second shot. I might have dumbed up writing it, however, I'll have to look into this further.
    I believe if you use:

/cast !aspect of the fox

then the macro won't disable it if it's active.

Deleted
    Boost auto shot with around 15%.
    Also "the more you stack haste, the better your focus regen will be" is way to low.
    1 thing that can help is that they can make kill shot like Execute. that when it procs you can cast it without the boss being lower than 20% health. Also lower the cost of chimera shot to 40.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I believe if you use:

/cast !aspect of the fox

then the macro won't disable it if it's active.

That's actually what I was going to try when I got home. Everyone keep this on the DL so Blizzard doesn't fix it

anachronistic hypocrites

Quote Originally Posted by chelate View Post
    I personally don't like any of those buffs that make you stand still to do what you need to (like Sniper Training). Having to stand still while casting is one thing (that's sort of nullified with Fox), but having to stand still to do the best damage feels clunky.
    I agree with chelate here. In that 1 second GCD when I use AS or CS I like to move around, if only a few feet.

All I know is, that when I hit 81, I am not going to be standing still for anything but getting that auto shot off like we do now - I am gonna be jumping around and moving like a retard :d. Playing a resto druid with SOOO many instant spells teached me that much <.<.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    All I know is, that when I hit 81, I am not going to be standing still for anything but getting that auto shot off like we do now - I am gonna be jumping around and moving like a retard :d. Playing a resto druid with SOOO many instant spells teached me that much <.<.
    Well 81 and 82 are going to be annoying, since Fox is 83

anachronistic hypocrites

Deleted
    Hi
    I'm riding from Naxx with that macro.
    Code:
    #showtooltip Aspect 
    /castsequence [nomod] Aspect of the Dragonhawk, Aspect of the Viper
    Easy and works. Now only change that Viper to thw Fox and all folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joeri View Post
    Boost auto shot with around 15%.
    Also "the more you stack haste, the better your focus regen will be" is way to low.
    1 thing that can help is that they can make kill shot like Execute. that when it procs you can cast it without the boss being lower than 20% health. Also lower the cost of chimera shot to 40.

Ive had this idea for along time, and now I really want it, due to the fact it feels like KS hits for absolute crap now or is it just me?

Deleted
    i always had this macro:

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift] !Aspect of the Viper
    /cast [nomod] !Aspect of the Dragonhawk

so if you use the wrong key your aspect doesnt turn off.
    hotkeyed it to one of my side mouse buttons for real quick access
    really easy to master.
    almost never missed a viper change when on PP in tear gas phase.

tbh i dont think blizzard will remove the ! option cause until now they didnt and its already working a really long time.
    If they remove it someone will make a addon for it for sure, so why remove it. saves me a addon :P