Improved Arathi Basin

AB is one of my favorite battlegrounds ,i enjoy it every time but lately i was thinking of way to improved a little bit. I don't know if it is old idea but how would you guys feel if caped bases would give some sort of bonus to players? For example BS would give 5% damage increase, Stables 10% mount speed, Farm 5% hp etc... Any thoughts ?

The losing team wouldnt stand a chance. It would be horribly unbalanced considering the alliance would go 10% faster then the horde.

It would be interesting, but then you would see the best points being fought for and really once you get it the game would be over. Everyone on a team with 5% damage bonus would be insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Velyndina View Post
    The losing team wouldnt stand a chance.
    ^This. One side gets more buffs and rapes the other side.

Bad idea, sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

The losing team wouldnt stand a chance. It would be horribly unbalanced considering the alliance would go 10% faster then the horde.
    Well i told first buffs that come to my mind. It can be made with different buffs that are more balanced, and that would give a chance to losing team. And if losing team has 1 or 2 bases he would stand a chance. If it has none its lose anyway regardless of buffs.

You shouldn't get buffs from capping a base. The only buff I personally would allow in Arathi Basin is the immunity buff in your graveyard area so you dont get farmed while the other team has 5 bases. (I mean just the starting GY, not the GYs at the bases)

After some thoughts i still think this is good idea and with proper balancing and tweaking it could make ab more fun. Ok buffs that i mention are maybe OP but those can really be some minor buffs that would improve playability.
    Lets say stables and farm give very minor buffs like -0.5 cast time for mounts and 5% more hp from consumables(bandages, healthstones, food..).
    LM gives +5% to primary stat to cloth and leather wearers and GM 5% to plate and mail wearers.
    BS gives 3% to crit.

If thats not balanced enough when lets say 4v1 or 3v2 bases then team that holds 3 or more bases can receive some sort of debuff(-10% hp).

Thats the best model i could think of in 5 mins. Any suggestions or thoughts?

what about a reversal buff?
    Horde has taken the farm: you are stricken with hunger, you rage furiously until you find a fridge with mountain dews and twinkies, until then, 10% damage buff

No matter how small or whatever kind of buff you give them (stats, haste, health, movement, etc.) it would still mean that the winning side has an advantage over their opponent. This would make losing at any point of the game very painful and potentially make it pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Those are raptors. Raptors are not fish.
    Get out of the water, raptor. You can not breathe there.

only thing AB needs, well all the BG IMO, is more useable LoS objects. thefarm house is a bit far from the flag. the LM building is again a bit far from the flag. BS, to far and could move a bit more towards the stables so it is more usable. the mine is just bad, really no usable LoS. stables is pretty decent.

eots is decent at MT and BE but DR and worse FR those objects just dont even break LoS half the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that you should get a buff for what you DONT have but then as soon as you cap w/e then you lose the buff and they get it etc, would make games last longer Imo which I'm all for that

IMHO what they really need to do is just add new maps for each BG.

I like the idea but you only give the faction who caps it the benefit. Because of that the other faction don't have any chance and you will get quick matches with 5-0 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by palladish View Post
    I think that you should get a buff for what you DONT have but then as soon as you cap w/e then you lose the buff and they get it etc, would make games last longer Imo which I'm all for that
    Yes that model makes more sence in terms of balance, except it doesnt make logical sence that when you cap something you lose buff (" Yea we got stables,our mounts are slower now").

Idea is to think of buffs that wont give huge advantage to wining team. Ones that i proposed are not that strogn imo. Lets say that stables and farm buffs are just cosmetics, and LM, BS and GM are small dps buffs that wold matter a lot more in pve then in pvp and they shouldnt be main reson for winning, and -10% hp debuff is strong enough to neutralize those dbs buffs in some way and give a chance to losing team.
    One o the ideas with this buffs is for example if u have team with more cloth and lether wearers, that team will have more motive to go for LM. That makes bg more fun if you ask me.

If you still think this is unbalanced than capturing each base can give buff and debuff at same time. For example BS would give 3% crit but -5%hp, LM and Gm +5% to primary stat, and -5% to hp. that way wining team would have more dps but a lot less hp, which is balanced enough and giving a losing team real chance to get back to game(well nubers are realy sort of tweaking, they can be cahnged, im talking heare more about idea).

And yes buff should be active only after you capture base and not right after you cap flag.
    Last edited by Balvan; 2010-10-27 at 09:31 AM.

You shouldn't get buffs from capping a base. The only buff I personally would allow in Arathi Basin is the immunity buff in your graveyard area so you dont get farmed while the other team has 5 bases. (I mean just the starting GY, not the GYs at the bases)
    oh god i hate that so much, at the moment i just keep pressing cancel on the ress when this happen. immunity would make it so much better.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

How about.

Stables/Farm = 5% dmg increase

Lumbermill/Goldmine = 5% hp increase

Blacksmith = Increase the rate you gain points by 25%