Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Battlegroups Merged!!???

Check your BG's. If im mistake the new patch merged Battlegroups somehow. I am seeing a bunch of realms i never saw before.

---------- Post added 2010-10-26 at 02:44 PM ----------

Im on Lightbringer server and we got Hydraxis, and Moonguard in some BG's. They are on a different group, Emberstorm.

It would seem as if BG's have indeed merged for us fellow Lightbringers

Picture is Armory.

Deleted
    Does that mean faster BG queues? Current ones are horrible, at least on the server I'm on.

I'm not seeing it on my bgs, still same server. Maybe they are doing a few at a time to test.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to hear that Blizzard is implementing this system. After a long period of silence on the topic, I half-expected them to shrug it off with a "We didn't have the time". This should really help some of the slanted battlegroups by adding fresh meat into the grinder... hopefully tipping the balance of power.
    Warrior, Paladin, Shaman, Rogue, Priest, Death Knight, Warlock 80s on Dragonmaw, Thunderhorn, and Maelstrom.

Deathknights are just warriors who have lost their warrior beard. You can be a badass, but just know you weren't badass enough to keep your warrior beard so the beard killed you and forces you to wander the earth without it. (Revised and quoted from warcrimes)

Its horrible! I no longer get 1 sec bg invite, now it lasts 15 sec!!!! ((
    ''See me rise, the mighty Surt Destroyer of the universe. Bringer of flames and endless hurt. Scorcher of men and earth!''

Great, i'm now looking, and hoping, for WORLDWIDE BG'S
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garots View Post
    Yes, please!!! and a 200 man warsong gulch.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    hi someone's on the line for you its a mr. L A G....(connection timed out)

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    there are and might have done it.. we will also be able to play aginst our own alliance in bg's too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the battlegroups have actually merged... they probably have gone ahead with their plan to make bg queueing cross battlegroup so in other words you can now be in a bg with people across your entire region (north america, etc...)

Not so on BG9. I can't wait until it gets implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rank1 will be hard ^^
    -K

Would be nice if they buffed world PvP tenacity though. Sargeras Horde is out numbered so bad that Winter Grasp is just trash. I have on odd feeling that the new World PvP wont be any different.

Quote Originally Posted by ScorchHellfire View Post
    I don't think the battlegroups have actually merged... they probably have gone ahead with their plan to make bg queueing cross battlegroup so in other words you can now be in a bg with people across your entire region (north america, etc...)
    Which is the same effect as Merging Battlegroups. If you are Qing with people outside of your Battlegroup, then there really isnt any reason for your Battlegroup to exist anymore. In essence it would just be the NA Battlegroup. EU Battlegroup etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsspawn View Post
    Would be nice if they buffed world PvP tenacity though. Sargeras Horde is out numbered so bad that Winter Grasp is just trash. I have on odd feeling that the new World PvP wont be any different.
    Server WG and wpvp =/= battlegrounds.

Apples and oranges.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garots View Post
    Until you realize MS is a huge factor.

---------- Post added 2010-10-27 at 12:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    *facepalm*

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/27387...making-change/

While Whirlwind and Emberstorm are currently the only Battlegroups sharing a matchmaking pool, we expect to link all Battlegroups within a region once we've determined the effectiveness of this change within these first two Battlegroups.

I was wondering why I saw a guy from Cenarius doing HH earlier today. Now I know why. I thought it was a new server added to the battlegroup recently that I missed the announcement for. Waiting to see what this does with BG wins. Will they become 50-50 or will horde completely dominate? Horde dominates Emberstorm now as it is. Hoping they become 50-50 or at least more bearable than the 10-90 or so ratio we have now. Doing BGs on alliance makes you want to bash your head in. Curious to see what this will do when the battlegroups are fully merged, too. Will wins become 50-50 or will one side dominate? If one side does dominate, may force Blizzard to do some better balancing or alter maps a bit to help the losing side a touch.