Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by beanburrito View Post
    How about nothing? I know you want to redeem this guy's idea, but dude. It's really not that funny. Just give it a rest and move on.
    Your negative attitude only furthers my enthusiasm for this.

What would be nice is if you all actually, I don't know, tell me what you all want, and I can try to execute it for you! I'd like to think I have more experience in video editing than the OP. I have music, I'm a capable cutter, blah blah blah.

Only thing I do NOT have is a mic. So stop being all downers and tell me what you want. Or you can just let me feed off your negative energies, either way, I'm going to try attempt it - with - or withour you lot helping.
    Last edited by DeathGodInATutu; 2010-10-26 at 11:22 PM.
    shit

never ever, ever, ever make another video like this again unless you yourself actually laugh at it and then it is still a long shot. but if you want something constructive then you are asking the completely wrong people. we support the post that actually make us think about wow, this video makes me want to quit.

.... ok...

my only suggestion, more of a warning, is that if you post something like that on these forums, then be prepared that the people who hate it will be loud and proud, and more often than not, that'll be the majority as well.

Deleted
    It was a bit embarrassing to watch, in all honesty. Less downtime and some voice acting would improve it a lot.

drop the long pauses if you want to comment do it verbally and make one with
    WILMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

10+ Year Old Account
    Just don't make this again. MAYBE only 1 cut of Deathwing, then go to other clips of other people. Almost 2 minutes of the log in screen with rather unimaginative sound clips then these weird 10 second text wells made for a bland video. I get the idea and I see the potential, but picking the Deathwing login screen was just dumb honestly. It's nearly impossible to make anything funny from it.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Deleted
    Why? WHY? i knew i shouldn't have clicked this thread but i did anyway what a waste of time (other than the fuck awesome comments).

Suggestions:

1. Messy text slapped in the middle doesn't help the video. The text makes me think like someone is trying too hard to be funny.
    -Actually speak in the middle segments without being too wordy, and the better quality voices, the better.

2. Deathwing's mouth didn't sync up very well with the noises.
    -Sync the roar with the sounds

3. Random music doesn't exactly make it very funny.
    -Use some creativity instead of random snip-its of Disney movies.

First 2 were funny, rest not so much. Nice try tho

you need to speed it up, part of comedy is about sometimes hitting the audience with the punchline real fast ,kinda like family guy flashbacks.

I liked the belch. I didn't like a lot of the voices, though. I don't think they're very good for what you're going for. I would use more roars (like maybe something from a small animal, a baby animal, etc).

Most boring shit I've ever seen. GJ.

I usually laugh at things that aren't funny, because of how unfunny they are.
    Yet I didn't even so much as chuckle a little for this.
    Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    How many Faceless Ones does it take to screw in a jelly fish?
    Two, one to screw the jelly fish in, and a second to rape the minds of the innocent.

Deleted
    It was alright, but the walls of text and complete silence for most of the video almost made me fall asleep.

I laughed at the belch and the belch only.

Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    I liked the belch. I didn't like a lot of the voices, though. I don't think they're very good for what you're going for. I would use more roars (like maybe something from a small animal, a baby animal, etc).
    ^this

and check the second quote in my signature..

that was really bad, im sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    I giggled a little at this, but I do have a suggestion or two for another attempt. (I haven't read all of the other replies, so I apologize if anything here is a repeat)

Since you're using soundclips and such, perhaps instead of the silent moments with the text, you could find some sound bites of someone giving a harsh critique of Deathwing's sorry efforts at a roar. (Think the raid leader from that Onyxia raid recording that's been around for ages, or R. Lee Ermey's creative insults from Full Metal Jacket. Not necessarily those exactly, but something along those lines.)

Also, perhaps shorten the portions of the Deathwing clip where there's no sound to sync up with the moments his mouth is open. For example, when he belched in your video, but the belch ended and his roar animation hadn't fully ended. Or! Or, if possible, find some sound clips that last long enough for it to look well-synced with the sound.

Since I don't know the first thing about making videos like these, I figured I'd offer suggestions since they were asked for. Perhaps someone can take these ideas and play around with them.