Poll: Cataclysm going for BC or Wrath style of Raiding?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    They said it would be a mix of both but leaning more towards to difficulty of TBC and with WotLK style hardmodes

If you read the opening post, its not anything about difficulty. the Op is merely asking if the gearing ability is TBC style, where you had to do kara/gruul -> SSC/TK -> Hyjal/BT to gear up for sunwell. Or the way it is surrently, where heroic grant badges to be used for T9, instead of going through Naxx/eoe -> Uld -> ToC to raid ICC.
    The answer is they will be making it the wrath style.

They will never go back to the bullshit raid system they had in TBC, where you had to farm raids progressively, and only the very top few percent were clearing the top tier raids, what is the point of developing a raid that only a few thousand out of a few million will play? It's not good for business.

Get over it, World of Warcraft has going toward a more user friendly direction since the release of 3.0, the so called, "hardcore players" don't matter as much as they'd like to think they do, and you still have your hardmodes, when everyone has heroic LK25 on farm status you can complain, if you don't, then I guess you're not that hardcore anyway, shut the fuck up already.

Point: They will never make raids as hardcore as TBC pre-nerfed raids ever again, if you want a challenge, you do hardmodes, the normal modes are for everyone else.

I think it is a combination, but a little closer to the BC side of the spectrum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Quote Originally Posted by Charo View Post
    They will never go back to the bullshit raid system they had in TBC, where you had to farm raids progressively, and only the very top few percent were clearing the top tier raids, what is the point of developing a raid that only a few thousand out of a few million will play? It's not good for business.

Get over it, World of Warcraft has going toward a more user friendly direction since the release of 3.0, the so called, "hardcore players" don't matter as much as they'd like to think they do, and you still have your hardmodes, when everyone has heroic LK25 on farm status you can complain, if you don't, then I guess you're not that hardcore anyway, shut the fuck up already.

Point: They will never make raids as hardcore as TBC pre-nerfed raids ever again, if you want a challenge, you do hardmodes, the normal modes are for everyone else.
    This exactly. Any of you foolish enough to think the emblem system being implemented is due to players whining about wanting epics or blizzard wanting to give players easy epics need to realize that it's purely designed for raids not having to do old content in order to gear up new players. Allowing a player to gear up for the most current content on their own via heroics is the best thing this game has ever done for raiding, hands down.

This question could have been very easily answered if TC had bothered to look at his currency.

Justice Points = Lower Tier
    Valor Points = Higher Tier

What was he assuming would happen, that we'd get "superhero points" only from T12 raids? No. It's a sliding scale. Question answered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well when it comes to gearing...its a bit of both. You're going to have justice or valor points for gear. NOT tier gear, if you see the Cho'gall paragon raid video..he drops 3 shoulder tier tokens. So when it comes to tier pieces..bosses are going to drop the tier pieces (like in BC) BUT you can get nice high end gear with valor points. This is from my observations/reading shit, if I'm wrong feel free to correct me =D.

Quote Originally Posted by Ondre View Post
    tbc was fun, i enjoyed it. Period.

Kara was mind blowing... Got in there first week, cleared it. Fapped to purples. Something i had never had in abundance during vanilla. It felt good.

I think HM's are stupid as hell. The fight should be hardmode. ahh the good old days.
    Yeah, I miss those days.
    At least epics only come from Crafting and Raids now. Although with the points it hardly matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    How many Faceless Ones does it take to screw in a jelly fish?
    Two, one to screw the jelly fish in, and a second to rape the minds of the innocent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to QQ about raiding systems that I don't like for my own personal reasons. Just kidding.