Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post
    It's not boomkin anymore, it's winkin.

Like once it was oomkin, but then it evolved into boomkin. This is the next stage, but it was inevitable.
    Doomkin, or Boomking.

Bind moonfire to scroll makes it more fun =D

Deleted
    Dear OP:

ssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhh!!! I enjoy being like a god damn truck,don't QQ when there is fun to be had

Both balance and feral are very overpowered at the moment, but they're not the only one that's out of the place.(hello ice lance spam?)

Yes, we know things are balanced around 85. But guess what, we're not playing Cata, are we? And we were still two full months away from Cata when this patched hit. Blizzard just doesn't care enough to make things balanced at this point(because things aren't gonna matter in such short time...two months, right?). Also it's taking forever for Blizzard to fix all these bugs and glitches this patch has caused. A lot of things are still not working properly after two weeks of the patch release.

After this "Things are balanced around 85" and the horrible patch bug crap, I've come to realized that Blizzard has become one of those selfish large coorporations. They know people are so relied on their service that no matter what they do, people still pay for the game. By dominating the market, they can get away with this kind of poor service. I've been a wow addict for the past five years, and I'm seriously considering quitting and I'm definitely not paying for November at least. The attitude of Blizzard disgusts me.
    Last edited by Hikari; 2010-10-27 at 05:18 AM. Reason: typo

So your doing 15k Moonfires to a person in full res. gear. So lets say he has 50 percent mitigation, hell in raids you just might want to spam those 35k moonfires the entire time or stop exaggerating, either one.

Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    dont feed the troll.
    15k on full wrath? trololol
    lvl 85 troll druid - Balance pvp&pve, resto pvp&pve
    lvl 85 troll mage - Frost/Fire
    lvl 80 troll rogue - Ass/Sub
    lvl 80 troll shaman - Ele/resto
    lvl 85 orc hunter - Sv/MM

Live the good side of life, think optimistic, they aren't going to nerf you <xD

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    15k on full wrath? trololol
    I want you all to try something.

Pick up a ton of mastery... pop all cooldowns.. and spam moonfire on any target.

Then tell me what you see.

If what you see is not what i saw. then please feel free to call me a troll. but you WILL see what i saw.

And the whole reason why i brought it up is because being overpowered pre expac or early in the life of an expac is a sure fire way to get nerfed into oblivion a bit later. and i do not want to get crippling nerfs so i would like to see the problem fixed sooner rather than later because then we would receive small fixes to bring us to being balanced.

So call me troll all you want i will just go get some screenshots tonight after raid if these goddamn battlegrounds ever pop.

And also to the guy i quoted.. i didnt even think the 15k frontloaded damage was the crazy part... the crazy part is watching 4k ticks roll off for the duration of moonfire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kootz View Post
    I want you all to try something.

Pick up a ton of mastery... pop all cooldowns.. and spam moonfire on any target.

Then tell me what you see.

If what you see is not what i saw. then please feel free to call me a troll. but you WILL see what i saw.

And the whole reason why i brought it up is because being overpowered pre expac or early in the life of an expac is a sure fire way to get nerfed into oblivion a bit later. and i do not want to get crippling nerfs so i would like to see the problem fixed sooner rather than later because then we would receive small fixes to bring us to being balanced.

So call me troll all you want i will just go get some screenshots tonight after raid if these goddamn battlegrounds ever pop.

And also to the guy i quoted.. i didnt even think the 15k frontloaded damage was the crazy part... the crazy part is watching 4k ticks roll off for the duration of moonfire.
    My initials crit for 4-5k after I had gained the moving stack buff, the dots do not tick for 4k.
    /z finger snap

15k on a full Wrathful warrior.

pics?

While some of these things we're seeing in PvP can be annoying, almost all of this is entirely in the realm of 1v1. If you're complaining about "15k moonfire crit spams on full wrathful whoever," where's your healer or the person training/CCing the boomkin? If you're running around BGs in PvE gear, sure, you can put out a lot of damage potentially... but you're a glass cannon at the same time. Resilience fixes most of the problems.

While people may think feral druids are OP, I think it's more of the case we've been underpowered (aka, savage roar had to be up all the time to do decent damage) for so long that once we're up to snuff, the little kittens everyone ignored are suddenly a threat. Since 4.0.1, only one feral druid came close to killing me in a 1v1 situation, and he was in PvE gear and got the jump on me... little hint, resilience allowed me to counter and kill him instead.

If there's really any glaring balance issues outside the 1v1 realm, I'd say it's in the resto druid and holy paladin department. However, this issue should fix itself at 85 when mana actually disappears and the need to use hard cast time heals will finally show up (instead of all instant casts with no mana consequence). Heck, good luck going 1v1 against a resil-geared healer like them, I spent just over 3 minutes trying to solo-kill a holy pally (woot for 3 Holy Power every 6 seconds + WoG + PotI + Holy Shock + Enlightened Judgements = gg)... most BGs, you can see train of people chasing one resto druid or holy pally as they insta-heal themselves and laugh the entire time.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Redcrow View Post
    yeah feral rake is ticking for like 4k too
    And I love every second of it. I annihilated two hunters back to back in WSG the other day. Pounced one, mangle, rake, shred, rip. Charged immediately to the other one, free ravage, mangle, rake, rip and ran away laughing as both of them died from dots and I healed myself.

watch how fast the bleeds bring down this warrior with 1400 resil

Quote Originally Posted by hellboyy View Post

Sad part is its almost as if blizzard wants druids and mages to destroy entire teams of people in caty. i mean they are by far the most powerfull pve and pvp forces in the game right now.

As a mage (fire i hate frost icelance spam and i still rape people as fire in pvp) the only classes that can really crap on me is druids, rogues every now and then depending on spec and other outside circumstances.

The thing i dont understand is why boomkin dots seem to hit me harder then an ICC geared warlock who is afflic, and they have the same burst as a mage/ele shaman? Like maybe itll be different at 85, but right now the biggest pain in the ass to fight is a boomkin, and feral being 2nd.

Also lol at druids complaining about their silence being too small of a radius, shit is annoying when combined with a rogue or a root style move, since it has no diminishing and as long as youre stuck in it youre worthless.

Edit: also i got full resil gear and im not talking in just one on one situations, in group pvp im noticing boomkins just tearing people up.
    Last edited by Crosis; 2010-10-28 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kootz View Post
    Sad part is its almost as if blizzard wants druids and mages to destroy entire teams of people in caty. i mean they are by far the most powerfull pve and pvp forces in the game right now.
    Please dont assume that overpowered abilities at 80 will carry over at 85.

PvP is broke right now for the most part until the expansion they warned you about this, if you don't like it do something else until then.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Please dont assume that overpowered abilities at 80 will carry over at 85.

PvP is broke right now for the most part until the expansion they warned you about this, if you don't like it do something else until then.
    and if you know your history you know that pre wrath problems carried into the first season of wrath and completely ruined it. High burst teams dominated in season five even though test realms and beta all warned them of it.

Take for example the famous 3.0 ret pally. where the pre wrath patch made them into gods overnight. they did not end the season then and you literally saw hundreds of ret pallies gain glad within a day or two. simply because post patch ret could walk into 10 people and kill them all without blowing any major cooldowns.

Now you think that did not carry over into wrath??? your dead wrong.. it did carry right on over into season five where the ONLY thing that trumped the burst a ret pally could put out was the amazing overpoweredness of unholy dk/pally.. and as well all know season 5 was the season for free glad if you were a pally or dk..

so yes pre expansion patches can tell us many things of how an expac can be.. but you are right things do change eventually the question really is.. do you want to suffer through months upon months of this crap or just call it quits until things get better.

That i will leave up to individual people. I myself will deal with it because i know eventually it will be fixed.. but to assume the kind of domination mages and druids are putting out right now will not leak over into caty in some form or another is simply ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by hellboyy View Post

:cut video out:
    A little off-topic here, but does anyone happen to know the name of the mod he uses for his buttons? The circles make it look nice and somehow makes the screen more pleasent to look at as opposed to the normal squares.

10+ Year Old Account
    15k on full wrathful is pretty badass indeed. My AVG il is around 270 and i'm gettin solid 14k crits with procs up on a dummy with 0 resilience. (hc dfo + hc phyla proc)

You will also do far more damage(smaller numbers but a lot more of them) if you just get lots of haste instead of mastery.

And i wouldn't really worry about 15k moonfires when i can do this on my alt hunter:
    Dummy DPS

I mean seriously... 15k moonfire vs. 4,4 million autoshot, which one needs more attention from blizzard? :3

Just give it some time baby. I know blizzard will make something else as stupid as the current moonfire spam in PvP for Cataclysm!
    Last edited by juzalol; 2010-10-29 at 08:18 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't hit 15k moonfires/sunfires. Maybe if I'm lucky to have DFO and PotNL proc'd simultaneously and I have eclipse up, and omen of doom. Either way, that's with 0 resilience. You have no clue what you're talking about.

Furthermore, the reason that we spam moonfire is:
    a) It gets a damage increase as we move, and a mana cost decrease
    b) You can't lock out a spell pool.

I see people QQ about this all day long in dueling. They don't like that we use all instant spells. Apparently we're supposed to stand there and cast 3 second long spells so they can get in their kicks, pummels, skull bashes, counterspells, etc, etc, etc.

I'm sorry but I thought the point of a duel was to beat you ,of course I'm going to use instants if they work.'

Furthermore, going to all mastery isn't ideal, because you're going to do absolutely no damage until you proc Eclipse. Can you make pretty numbers once eclipse is up? Sure, but your haste is going to suck, so you're not going to tick nearly as many DoTs.
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2010-10-29 at 11:19 AM.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre