Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Deathwing Is Coming

Deathwing Is Coming
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    One of Azeroth’s oldest adversaries will soon tear through the Elemental Plane to reforge the world in flame, but this foe won’t be conducting his reign of terror from the confines of a castle or lair. Deathwing is a destructive force the likes of which adventurers have yet to see in World of Warcraft, and his appetite for devastation can only be satisfied by the shattering of the world. Following his explosive escape from Deepholm, Deathwing will cast a deadly shadow over the people of Azeroth as he wreaks indiscriminate havoc across the land.

Once free to terrorize the world, Deathwing will randomly choose territories in Azeroth to attack each day until his ruinous reign is brought to an end. A blackened sky will be the only warning before every living creature caught in his approach is consumed by his terrible fire. The unfortunate victims of his malice will receive a rare Feat of Strength... as well as a repair bill and corpse run.

When Deathwing returns, you'd best keep your eyes on the skies.
    Here is a short video of the beta servers uploaded by Marla on Youtube.

I JUST died to him in beta. Its an awesome event I can't wait for it on live!

Love love love.
    Will he unhinge his chin to smash us all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you stand in the fire to get the achieve? Or does he have to kill you with the breath

I was wondering when they were going to move past the "Earthquake" phase.

Deleted
    I don't get it. Will this be only available with the time between 4.0.3 and Cataclysm or will this happen throughout the whole Cataclym expansion until someone gets "Realm First! Fall of the Aspect of Death!" or whatever it'll be called?

And yeah, do you need to stand in breath or fire to do this? And how will we know what zone he's assaulting? There's loads of them, gotta go flying around each one each day every day?

10+ Year Old Account
    When's this go live?!

So what's the pre launch event schedule look like? I know there are some more, at least one, phases before the actual cataclysm. What's the guess as to when that will be activated? And then the expectation is for the world change patch to happen sometime mid November? Which shockingly is only a few weeks away!

@Barthos "Get killed by Deathwing"
    So however you die, I assume that fire will crit like a beast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome! I hope it lasts until the server first Deathwing kill, but that's probably asking too much.

If you thought Scourge Invasion was annoying....

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine that this will happen throughout the expansion until the patch that releases Deathwing's raid.

Oh wow, that sounds amazing! I can't wait!

Would be awesome if there could be some earthquake-like effect, and maybe some music would be nice aswell. And he could maybe go just a LITTLE faster.

Im not saying it sucks, in fact I LOVE the idea, its awesome. I just think they could add a little more details to it, just to spice it up a little so its a bit more FRIGHTENING you know? I mean, its DEATHWING! =D

And yes, I know its only beta, Im just sharing my thoughts and ideas.
    Last edited by SirDerpalot; 2010-10-27 at 12:11 PM.
    It's hard to play ret

Wait so thats the event? We see DW coming then instead of running, we run into his fire and die so we can get a feat of strength?

Quote Originally Posted by Chin Music View Post
    I imagine that this will happen throughout the expansion until the patch that releases Deathwing's raid.
    I hope! It'd be bloody annoying as hell if he just went "lol fire, lol imma go sleep in mah raid for 2 years bai"

so can you attack him?? if so I can forsee thousands of groups trying to kill him

10+ Year Old Account
    I could just see it. Someone about to get server 1st 85 and you're on yer way to hand in the final quest and BAM! Deathwing comes in and obliterates you and someone else ninja's it who's questing in another zone while you are heading back to your dead corpse. I'd lawlzy all over my room.

Deleted
    I hate to seem like a QQ'er, but this have got to be the most stale and mechanical thing ever. No special music? No special sound from him? No special movement even? Just slowly flapping his wings while hovering over the land? B.o.r.i.n.g.

The Shatterer comes to mind, and The Shatterer wins.

10+ Year Old Account
    This sounds like so much fun. I cant wait!