Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why do mages need to be nerfed into the ground? This is why

Frost:
    An unbreakable stun that they can easily 100-0 any class with a 1000+ resilience.

CounterSpell on a very short cool-down and does not need to have a certain pet out to use and the target doesn't even need to be casting to be silenced. Imp Counterspell is in the FIRST tier of Arcane for fucks sake. Good luck being a Demo Lock and popping Metamorphosis, with a mage anywhere in visual range, your 3 minute cool-down will be rendered useless by a 15 second cool-down.

Spellsteal: Good luck being a paladin with a mage anywhere in visual range. Your 3 minute cool-down will be rendered useless by a 15 second cool-down.

A 15 second cool-down Blink that can get them out of stuns and roots and is the single best ability in all of PVP. And Blink doesn't need a teleporter to be put down with a 40 yd range. (And the lock teleporter has an even longer cooldown than Blink.)

10K Ice Lances on 1000+ resilience. Thats Ice Lance: no cooldown, instant cast, trivial mana cost.

Frost Nova that can be applied twice in a row.

Frost Armor that applies a snare even to ranged attackers, even a Paladin can be snared when Judging a Frost mage from range.

2 different shields that can be applied one after the other, and Mana shield burns hardly any mana.

Ice Barrier applies Frost Nova because of Shattered Barrier when it breaks, even to ranged attackers.
    Reactive Barrier, (shit like this makes me laugh, free auto Ice Barrier when taken below 50% health, so pro you dont even need to use a GCD to provide a free shield that will Frost Nova anyone who breaks it)

A pet (why the fuck anyone thought they need a pet is beyond me)
    Invisibility
    Icy Veins
    Ice Block
    Cold Snap: reset all your cooldowns, because good players need to be able to pop all their cooldowns twice in a row.
    Mirror Image: causes attackers to drop target, (wtf???) and yet another DPS cooldown

Ring of Frost: will freeze anyone who crosses into or out of the ring, it will freeze multiple times also, so if you trinket the first and touch the ring again you get frozen again.

Frostfire Orb: God forbid mages not fully benefit 100% from every single new spell unlike other classes.

Fire:
    Faceroll DPS and casting Scorch while moving.

LOL coming from a resto shaman probably

second most OP shit in the game

Yes mage is pretty broken atm but mages ussaly have the highest skillcap and i would say to be the least faceroll

for the 100th 4.0 is not balanced not even close stop crying
    Hi Sephurik

Sounds like you should roll a mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not know what you are looking at, but Counterspell has a 24 second cooldown.
    Spellsteal has no cooldown, and not playing paladin I would have to guess that this 3 minute cooldown is Avenging Wrath?.
    Guess what, arcane power, icy veins, all our shields. 'note, not armours' are purgeable, you are not special.

We have the 30 second Ice Barrier for what is 617 mana for me in frost spec, and a 4051 mana shield which is 1:1. 4051 is not alot of mana? tell that to arcane mages. Just a little heads up, Power Word: Shield, when I link it ingame through WoWhead it costs 620 mana '15 second cooldown' absorbing 4907 damage. Whereas Ice Barrier is 617 for 6021 absorb with a 24 second cooldown.

FYI, Frost nova can be applied 3 times in a row if glyphed or specced for. Normal nova > Iceblock reset cooldown (glyphed) > Cold Snap

Ice Barrier break has a 10 yd range, being hit by it as a ranged dps = olol. Reactive Barrier only makes it so that Ice Barrier is cast if it isn't on cooldown, which any proper mage will likely have it on most of the time anyway, it also triggers the cooldown again.

A pet with ~20k hp that you can affectively 2 shot as any class. Invisibility has a fade time unless arcane specced. Icy Veins, god forbid a class having + haste ability (oh noes slice & dice for instance) Ice Block : Divine Shield?, oh wait an Ice Blocked mage cannot do ANYTHING. Coldsnap : Divine Shield is a literal fight reset, shutup.

Mirror Images dropping target : Feign Death > Disengage, +DPS is minimal unless in PvE gear with set bonus.

Ring of Frost & FFO, not ingame.

Casting scorch while moving: moonfire? Any melee ability (yes it requires melee range, but still) Hunter shots.

Play the class yourself, then you have the right to whine.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2010-10-27 at 03:06 AM.

http://cata.wowhead.com/achievement=5313

Mages everywhere are thinking the title as they read OP's post
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

Quote Originally Posted by tekoix View Post
    Sounds like you should roll a mage.
    I would but I have 5 80's already and too much work these days.

Deleted
    OP can you please tell me when you started doing pvp?
    cause these changes are either on live for more than 2 years now (except ring of frost which noone has seen yet)
    As far as I'm concerned this is trolling.

But I will comment about fire..
    Yes casting scorch on the move which hits for less than 2k has a 1,+ cast time and can be countered by silence or interupt. So this spell can kill you? yes...if you are afk...

EDIT: Oh and BTW..isn't this your second or third post about mages that need to be nerfed?
    cause i did just post on your last one about 30 mins ago..

EDIT 2: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...eed-to-be-nerf your other thread. Reported for trolling.
    Last edited by mmoce207d8b39a; 2010-10-27 at 02:55 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dissection time!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unferth View Post
    Frost:
    An unbreakable stun that they can easily 100-0 any class with a 1000+ resilience.
    What stun is breakable? Unlike melee stuns (sans HoJ), Deep Freeze can be dispelled by your team mates, and it does no damage so you should probably fix your sentence structure there.

CounterSpell on a very short cool-down and does not need to have a certain pet out to use and the target doesn't even need to be casting to be silenced. Imp Counterspell is in the FIRST tier of Arcane for fucks sake. Good luck being a Demo Lock and popping Metamorphosis, with a mage anywhere in visual range, your 3 minute cool-down will be rendered useless by a 15 second cool-down.
    First off, CS does not silence unless specced for it, but that's negligible since no mage actually wastes it on a non-casting target unless it's a blanket silence on a low HP target, and even then it's still better saved for an actual cast. Secondly, the CD on CS is 24 seconds, don't know where you're getting 15 from. Lastly, how is Meta destroyed by CS?

Spellsteal: Good luck being a paladin with a mage anywhere in visual range. Your 3 minute cool-down will be rendered useless by a 15 second cool-down.
    Spell Steal doesn't have a cool down.

A 15 second cool-down Blink that can get them out of stuns and roots and is the single best ability in all of PVP. And Blink doesn't need a teleporter to be put down with a 40 yd range. (And the lock teleporter has an even longer cooldown than Blink.)
    Indeed it doesn't, but it also comes with more bugs than Charge/Intercept.

10K Ice Lances on 1000+ resilience. Thats Ice Lance: no cooldown, instant cast, trivial mana cost.
    At 80 the mana cost is trivial, at 85 it's a different story.

Frost Nova that can be applied twice in a row.
    o.O pore que?

Frost Armor that applies a snare even to ranged attackers, even a Paladin can be snared when Judging a Frost mage from range.
    It's always done that, so relax and take off your WotLK hat.

2 different shields that can be applied one after the other, and Mana shield burns hardly any mana.
    Again, this was always the case. Mana Shield is strong at 80, but not so much at 85. Also, Ice Barrier is a joke on beta, so good luck justifying that one.

Ice Barrier applies Frost Nova because of Shattered Barrier when it breaks, even to ranged attackers.
    It applies a nova to all those in a certain range of the mage yes. Why, I must ask, are you in melee range of the mage as a ranged attacker?

Reactive Barrier, (shit like this makes me laugh, free auto Ice Barrier when taken below 50% health, so pro you dont even need to use a GCD to provide a free shield that will Frost Nova anyone who breaks it)
    Single worst talent in the game, now I know you're reaching.

A pet (why the fuck anyone thought they need a pet is beyond me)
    Nice argument. The pet's been around for a very long time and is just as brittle as ever before. Oh yeah, it can run OOM and you can kite/LoS it.

Invisibility
    Icy Veins
    Ice Block
    Just listing off things now without argument? Sweet!! Potato, bread, juice, Naked Gun trilogy, Marty McFly, blue.

Cold Snap: reset all your cooldowns, because good players need to be able to pop all their cooldowns twice in a row.
    Tell that to sub rogues and their Prep button. Cold Snap is the longest CD a mage has to begin with, and....well, it's been there for a loooooooooooooooooooooong time.

Mirror Image: causes attackers to drop target, (wtf???) and yet another DPS cooldown
    Because clicking the only moving mage is hard? The spell has already been nerfed to the ground in PvP, so again you're simply showing your age.

Ring of Frost: will freeze anyone who crosses into or out of the ring, it will freeze multiple times also, so if you trinket the first and touch the ring again you get frozen again.
    Pro Tip: Don't cross it, or fires, or void zones, or chickens in a Zelda game.

Frostfire Orb: God forbid mages not fully benefit 100% from every single new spell unlike other classes.
    We don't. Only two specs make use of FO, and only one does it well (fire).

Fire:
    Faceroll DPS and casting Scorch while moving.
    Fire has a 7 button rotation NOT including CDs and Scorch hits for less than Richard Simmons at a Sorority.

NNNNNEEEEEEEXXXXXXTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!
    BfA Beta Time

Swizzle pretty much sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by nethertwist View Post
    As far as I'm concerned this is trolling.

EDIT 2: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...eed-to-be-nerf your other thread. Reported for trolling.

Cool story bro, my post is the antithesis of trolling. You should learn what trolling is.

lol no response to swizzle?

Deleted
    Cool story bro, my post is the antithesis of trolling. You should learn what trolling is.
    having 2 threads up on the same forum about the same thing for me is trolling.
    you start a conversation here where all the mages will come up defending their class because what you discribe is not a mage..it could be an Antonidas-like hero if he was still alive.
    you talk about abilities that are not yet live.

And on the other hand everyone else is gonna come here thinking that the mage class is indeed OP with these cd's and skills and whole hell will break loose.

so this is not trolling? on both occasions you did the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Millawhat View Post
    lol no response to swizzle?
    tomorrow

/ignore nethertwist

Deleted
    tomorrow

/ignore nethertwist
    lmao!!
    I am giving you a valid reason for you being a troll and you can't even defend yourself?ahahah

but besides that you havent even responded to anyone in here about the mage skills and spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am actually going to roll a mage when i get home :/

The call about having the highest skill cap is god dam spot on.

Nerf them down so thats nothing left off em, little gnomes basterds....

@ Unfart

What classes do you play or what class do you have problem with playing against a mage?

And list those in full wrathfull only, please, as that is the only adequate level for a discussion like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is he's an undergeared warrior who got kited to death by a frost mage. Any other guesses? I saw some good ones lol

i think you are just upset cause you are probably constantly loosing to mages in pvp.
    They are however a bit OP but not because of the reason you listed. The main problem they have is the change with fingers of frost which allows them to crit for high amounts. Also the instant cast deep freeze is OP as it is b/c if the mage plays it right they can kill who ever is frozen in a few globals but the large health pools at 85 should prevent that from happening.