Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    at 80 mages are pretty overpowered but its all balanced for 85. at 85 mages might need a little tweaking but they definitely dont need to be nerfed to the ground

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warcraft View Post
    i think you are just upset cause you are probably constantly loosing to mages in pvp.
    They are however a bit OP but not because of the reason you listed. The main problem they have is the change with fingers of frost which allows them to crit for high amounts. Also the instant cast deep freeze is OP as it is b/c if the mage plays it right they can kill who ever is frozen in a few globals but the large health pools at 85 should prevent that from happening.
    No....they actually made FoF less useful since the talent alone only affects 2 spells now instead of all of them. As for the insta-cast Deep Freeze, remark...the fact that it is instant should be a blessing to everyone involved other than the mage. When the spell was first introduced, it had a 1.5 second cast time, essentially removing it from the GCD. What did this do? It gave the mage FIVE FULL SECONDS to play with a frozen target. Having it instant means the mage must wait a minimum of 1 second and a max of 1.5 (sans latency or other technical hiccups) before doing damage to the stun, which means that he only has 4-3.5 seconds to deal damage. In any case, that is only 3 spells used vs. the 5 it had prior, this is all before DR and other such good stuff.

Seriously, people REALLLLLLLLLLLY need to learn about what they're talking about before spouting off. Just look at this thread. The OP gets a veteran mage (210 days played on it alone, coupled with ~200+ days on my old paladin, 30+ on my priest and new pali combined, and 2 days on my rogue) to respond in a reasonable way basically demolishing the argument, and he waits to respond to that (probably avoiding it because there isn't much if anything to refute there) choosing to rather respond to easier posts.

Buck up and support what you post or cancel your account and spend your days catching tears in a cup praying that it may, some day, be worth the amount of shits that I do not give about your opinion or argument.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Im a warrior and I laugh in the face of mages. Exept good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    No....they actually made FoF less useful since the talent alone only affects 2 spells now instead of all of them. As for the insta-cast Deep Freeze, remark...the fact that it is instant should be a blessing to everyone involved other than the mage. When the spell was first introduced, it had a 1.5 second cast time, essentially removing it from the GCD. What did this do? It gave the mage FIVE FULL SECONDS to play with a frozen target. Having it instant means the mage must wait a minimum of 1 second and a max of 1.5 (sans latency or other technical hiccups) before doing damage to the stun, which means that he only has 4-3.5 seconds to deal damage. In any case, that is only 3 spells used vs. the 5 it had prior, this is all before DR and other such good stuff.
    Yes, i'm thankful that, now i go from 100% health prior to deep freeze to around 10%, after it w/ around 1000 res. Not OP at all, you're just that skilled lol

One thread was enough.