Thread: Red

Red

I just returned home after watching RED.

I find myself comparing it to the Expendables due to it being an action(w/comedy) film focused on a group(all star cast) of older actors.

RED blew it away.

Casting, Acting, Action, Story. All pretty damn good.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was entertaining--much more so than Expendables. Helen Mirren is still hot, but back in the day... damn. And John Malkovich was quirky / awesome as usual.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Really? I found the Expendables much more enjoyable than RED. I'd say maybe they were comparable until about the last 30 minutes. Both movies had mediocre action and comedy with some boring dramatic scenes in between. Then the last part of the Expendables was full of absurd and over the top action, while RED continued to be mediocre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RockStrongo View Post
    Really? I found the Expendables much more enjoyable than RED. I'd say maybe they were comparable until about the last 30 minutes. Both movies had mediocre action and comedy with some boring dramatic scenes in between. Then the last part of the Expendables was full of absurd and over the top action, while RED continued to be mediocre.
    Part of it, for me, was that I had higher expectations for Expendables than for RED. The former didn't live up to my highly unfair expectations, while the latter exceeded them easily--because I had none. I like Expendables quite a bit... I just wanted a movie that had so many of my favorite 80s cheese action flicks to be more... awesomer.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

The story depth was much better in RED. And It actually made me laugh. The Expendables attempt at humor was Jet Li saying "I need money for my family."

The acting in RED was also much better and they fully utilized their great cast.
    Stallone made his movie about himself with all-star background actors.

The end of the Expendables did have some over the top action but not enough to make up for the rest of the film. RED delivered pretty much the entire time.

That's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Mijen; 2010-10-29 at 09:01 AM.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

I enjoyed both, leaning towards The Expendables, but not by much.

Snipes is building another all-star cast movie for a martial arts/comedy.
    Master Daddy:"In what could be seen as almost an 'Expendables of the martial arts circuit', dozens of martial arts and fighting arts stars will populate the cast including Chuck Norris, Sonny Chiba, Royce Gracie, Sammo Hung, Dan Inosanto, Phillip Rhee, Tony Jaa, Lee Mosely, Bob Wall, Rampage, Anderson Silva and Ron Van Cleff. Musicians Rock Steady, Jabbawakkies and Quest Crew will also appear."

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/186...out-for-daddy-