Deleted

Balance of Cataclysm

I couldnt find anything about this, which isnt a QQ thread

I think (according to the beta) that blizzard has finaly found a really good balance in the game between hardcore/casual players, aswell as between grindfest and people who simply doesnt have the time.

In vanilla the game was all about having enough time. Atleast before BWL/AQ40 there was nothing hard really in the game imo. (I could be wrong since i wasnt really hardcore raiding, but i did clear MC and BWL etc)

I didnt play TBC, but as far as i can tell from people, it was alot about hardcore raiding. People who didnt get in from the start had low chances of ever getting to play end game raiding. (as said i didnt play TBC)

WotlK Was just too casual. Naxx/Malygos/OS cleared out only a few days after release of the expension. Not even everyone in the raids were level 80, and they didnt even wear 5m heroic gear the ones that were 80. That said it went better during the expansion and up to ICC where only the best players got to kill Lich king on heroic...

With all that said i think they found a really good balance in cataclysm with even normals being decent dungeons, and people need to practice to get better. If you dont have alot of time, but still is a great raider i think casuals can still have lots of fun doing normals. And the hardcore will have huge challenges in heroics (that said without heroic raids being open in beta yet)

I would like to hear some of your opinions now

10+ Year Old Account
    ...You can't enter Wrath raids (or heroics) unless you're level 80.

Deleted
    as i said.. Naxx/malygos/OS were all cleared the first week of release.. there was no real heroic version. only 10/25m so to speak, which you could enter before hitting level 80.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lunarath View Post
    as i said.. Naxx/malygos/OS were all cleared the first week of release.. there was no real heroic version. only 10/25m so to speak, which you could enter before hitting level 80.
    You can't enter them before level 80. It won't let you through the portal.

They did mess up with the item level growth between 70 and 80 that let people complete Naxx in T6 though.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarath View Post
    well, unfortunatly you're wrong, people leveled to 80 in about 3 days time and cleared all those raids in a matter of hours.

Deleted
    Alright. I might be wrong. that wasnt the point in this threat tho. please get back to the topic.

What is your opinion about the balance between casual and hardcore in Cataclysm?

/facepalm @ OP so hard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by guymn999 View Post
    well, unfortunatly you're wrong, people leveled to 80 in about 3 days time and cleared all those raids in a matter of hours.
    Actually you can enter to naxx/OS/malygos before hitting 80. Get a fucking clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyon View Post
    Actually you can enter to naxx/OS/malygos before hitting 80. Get a fucking clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

thank you bigfoot.

---------- Post added 2010-10-27 at 07:54 AM ----------

as far as what OP was referring to. im willing to bet the game will have been out for up to a month before sinestra is killed. it sould take a good 2 weeks just to unlock heroic mode, so i think a month will be pretty fast, much better then the wotlk fail beginning tier of raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyon View Post
    I think you sir, are the one who needs a clue.

This thread gave me gas.