Angry Why does my DPS suck???

This isn't a QQ thread looking for buffs. This is meant to figure out once and for all what is really going on. Laid out plain and simple, prepatch I was pulling 14-17k on most fights in ICC HM's. My gear is very close to BiS in all slots. Everything possible is reforged to mastery (22.01% with HM Zod's and 22.30% with Reg Fal'inrush) I've read that crit is best to reforge to mastery because as of 4.0 haste eeks out crit. Right now I can't break 13k on any fight even under the most optimal conditions. My shot queue/focus management is spot on, I have CS on CD and keep imp SS up nearly 100%. On dummies I pull 10k unbuffed which is great but I can't do the same in ICC with buffs. I was top DPS before and I really didn't think that dropping this far down the list would affect my happiness raiding but it has. Now before you say "we aren't tuned for 80, wait till 85" what is up with these other hunters saying they're DPS didn't change or in some cases posting ridiculous numbers. My hunter was my first toon in vanilla and I have a Shaman and Druid I play quite well all 3 specs so I feel like I can adapt to different play styles easily but ever since the change to focus, my game just hasn't been the same and it's made my hunter a class I loved, to a class that will become my alt in Cata as I'm switching to my Shaman, but since my hunter is geared now, I'm finishing out the rest of WotLK on my hunter. I'm only going to assume this will get plenty of trolls but thanks ahead of time to people with constructive responses.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...age&cn=Qortana
    I love the Power Glove.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know exactly how you feel its made my hunter into a class i never wanted to play, I never wanted to play a rogue if i wanted to play a class with a rogues resource i would have rolled a rogue bu i wanted to play a hunter I never liked the idea of focus but i willing to give a shot if it doesnt pick up by 85 im sorry blizzard but have killed the class that i loved to play =\

It is all a bit overwhelming but it's just something to constantly work at. Personally I haven't seen a dps drop at all for my own hunter in icc 25. But it takes a lot more concentration and proper decision making. What makes it even more difficult to master is the new spell queue system. I'm finding a lot of times during my steady shots that I'm begining to cast an extra unwanted steady shot just because I mashed the button too late, or I start casting an aimed shot after firing off the instant one. All I can say is do not fret. I haven't bothered maximizing my gear or anything aftter the patch. My guild is just doing achievement runs getting titles and drakes. Just hang tight until Cata. If we are doing subpar dps then I will be the first in line with you going wtf at blizzard.

Similar issues here Helios, all I can say is practice, practice, practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    Why does my DPS suck???
    Because you're bad.

WELL now that we've gotten that out of our system, we can continue with the thread. -chelate

Well Hunters get a couple of very useful spells unlike a lot of other dps classes. This will prolly bump u up in Cata. Mages for example get an AoE spell primarily for trash, an AoE snare/CC for PvP, and Heroism which affects the entire group. Nothing that ups their average DPS there. What they have now for a rotation and dps is what they are going to have for Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any chance you could come up with a WoL of what you're talking about? I understand there's a learning curve on Focus, but most hunters are at least doing what they were before. You might be missing something.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Yeah, without a log all we can really do is say herp-derp gear and spec looks fine.

Oh and Bombkirby I want my cookie for the Pokemon reference.

I have the same question. I feel that I should be doing more, near Best in slot gear. Here is a log.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...?s=1767&e=1973

My Hunter's name is Guglier

do you really think blizzard cares?
    As long as everyone says nothing.
    How about we all say not buying the expansion
    in a week they will fix it all and be kissing our ass instead of us paying for the Privalage of kissing theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahtrim View Post
    I have the same question. I feel that I should be doing more, near Best in slot gear. Here is a log.

My Hunter's name is Guglier

hah that was good something like "uh im imba, ive got 14k on sourfang with TL!", look at festergut and rot = 11,5k DPS!!

bless u

Quote Originally Posted by Ciasteq View Post
    hah that was good something like "uh im imba, ive got 14k on sourfang with TL!", look at festergut and rot = 11,5k DPS!!

bless u
    I'm not sure what you mean, I used to to 17-19k on saurfang and similar on fester and rot before the patch. Anyone have any thoughts from the logs?

that's a great example why pugs do such low dps, they think they're awesome if they do 10k with a 30% buff, so they have no idea they should be doing almost 20k on saurfang

We have already cleared ICC this week. I can post a bunch of HM halion25's tonight though. This will be our first try at him since 4.0. I know my DPS would be lower than ICC because of the buff but atleast you'll be able to see my rotations.
    I love the Power Glove.

I've noticed Hunters dps in general really low in the pug raids I do. As BM I really top then by a couple thou dps but I'm stil top 5 to top 8 overall.

I also find the shot rotations are so much smoother than MM I was prepatch. It could be I been using BM more filling my stables and then lvling the pets, so I'm more comfortable with it now.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7...?s=5676&e=6086

Theres our HM Halion25 from tonight, it was our first kill too...I got 284 scale too
    I love the Power Glove.