Page 1 of 2
LastLast

i died a little inside last night

a 5800 gs warr out dps'd me on last night in voa over my 6300gs enhance shammy. I died a little inside....I know this goes with all qq lately on enhance shammies. But can we please get a little love from blizz

Still think for a boost to our dps with truly changing the dynamic of the enhance shammy play style would be to change the melestam stack to x3 instead of x5.

not to repeat the same thing over and over, but the game is tuned for 85 now, not 80. your just causing unnecessary stress by worrying about it right now.

at 85 it works really well :P
    rofl biggest middle finger from blizzard right there
    "Bring the player, not the shaman"
    Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGuardian View Post
    When Blizzard get that dollar sign look in their eyes... anything is possible.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/omybad/

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel for you. I just got my DK to lv 80 3 days ago and I'm now out dpsing everyone in raids... Granted I geared her up very fast lol. Her gs is only 5200 give or take

Quote Originally Posted by Coil View Post
    not to repeat the same thing over and over, but the game is tuned for 85 now, not 80. your just causing unnecessary stress by worrying about it right now.
    Not really.

Nearly every class got a fix for their damage except shaman.

Unfortunately there seems to be more bad shaman than good.

The good shaman that did top damage lost a ton of damage and the bad shaman gained a lot...every time we have this type of thread there's a 1:3 ratio of players saying My damage increased or the shaman in my guild does great dps *now* and one other saying they lost dps.

NoW if he was complaining about his rotation I'd tell him wait to 85 because we have two abilities that'll fill in the gaps.

Oh yeah. I agree about the maelstrom weapon stacks 3 instead of 5 would function way better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azreial View Post
    Dwarves - Give em a keg of beer, and they would Dual wield bar stools to a Deathwing fight and consider soloing him. A damn bloody mess, but even still the greatest solo fight you will ever witness

Quote Originally Posted by rdaccord View Post
    a 5800 gs warr out dps'd me on last night in voa over my 6300gs enhance shammy. I died a little inside....I know this goes with all qq lately on enhance shammies. But can we please get a little love from blizz

Still think for a boost to our dps with truly changing the dynamic of the enhance shammy play style would be to change the melestam stack to x3 instead of x5.
    A MW change is unlikely to happen given the PvP implications. x3 means we could instantly self heal extremely frequently. Such is the folly of the DPS Shaman. Our PvP/PvE balance blows.

Deleted
    And he's overreacting.
    If you're using 'I died a little inside' as a metaphor then I think you take WoW too seriously.

- H

Quote Originally Posted by styks View Post
    at 85 it works really well :P
    rofl biggest middle finger from blizzard right there
    What they gave there was a non-answer and partial troll tbh. They weren't really ready to answer the question in question and instead deflected it. Though it does work pretty well for Adept's Shaman at 85 >.>

Edit: MW stacking to 3 instead of 5 is an interesting idea, and with people having some difficulty stacking it to 5 in pvp unless they're ignored it's not a terrible idea considering that while enhance is close, they aren't quite there yet at 85.

Another idea I liked was making DW Specialization provide Spell hit as well as melee hit, making it significantly easier to hit the hit cap and freeing up a lot of itemization points for dps stats.
    Last edited by Gistwiki; 2010-10-27 at 03:49 PM.
    I love arguing! BRING ON THE TROLLS!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twiki/advanced - Contributor to Stormearthandlava.com

nd he's overreacting.
    If you're using 'I died a little inside' as a metaphor then I think you take WoW too seriously.
    When talking about WoW is the only time I use the "I died a little bit inside" metaphor... Although I use it more to tell guildies/friends of how fucking terrible the guy I pugged with was. And... I die ALOT inside every time I see some1 in trade chat writing "<Insert Guildname> is now recruiting. You need x GS"... Yes, GS requirement for joining a guild, fucking get a clue casual retards. Yes they are that bad.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

10+ Year Old Account
    That's really just a bad excuse. You may as well just say "get over it".
    Fact is, current live content is what we are currently paying for. So, why should it be OK that it's broken? Besides, the leveling experience is part of the game anyway. So why shouldn't it be balanced? That's one thing I've never really understood about WoW, it's like until your maxed out your gameplay experience isn't really that important. If we could actually get level 85 on live then saying "85 will fix it" might actually be acceptable because we wouldn't just have to suck it up and pay our bill, we could do something about it.

Saying level 80 content doesn't matter now is also, extremely silly. 'Cause guess what, it never mattered to begin with. We play the game for fun, at least, we should. The fact remains that what is live should be balanced, playable content. We are after all still paying to play, it's not like the transition time between expansions is free. If it was actually free during this time we would have no reason to complain or ask for balance at all. However, we are paying and have every right to request balance.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

Deleted
    @ OP, I think it has something to do with you being male draenei

no but sriously, don't worry about it too much, as what Coil said is true, just wait till level 85 before worrying about being out dps'ed by a lesser geared player

I out DPS'd a guy with epics in my quest blues...

... because he was shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

gearscore matters
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Takanami View Post
    That's really just a bad excuse. You may as well just say "get over it".
    Fact is, current live content is what we are currently paying for. So, why should it be OK that it's broken? Besides, the leveling experience is part of the game anyway. So why shouldn't it be balanced? That's one thing I've never really understood about WoW, it's like until your maxed out your gameplay experience isn't really that important. If we could actually get level 85 on live then saying "85 will fix it" might actually be acceptable because we wouldn't just have to suck it up and pay our bill, we could do something about it.

Saying level 80 content doesn't matter now is also, extremely silly. 'Cause guess what, it never mattered to begin with. We play the game for fun, at least, we should. The fact remains that what is live should be balanced, playable content. We are after all still paying to play, it's not like the transition time between expansions is free. If it was actually free during this time we would have no reason to complain or ask for balance at all. However, we are paying and have every right to request balance.
    You'd have a point if we hadn't been doing ICC content for nearly a year now...

Level 80 content is irrelevant, just like level 70 content was irrelevant when patch 3.0 hit, that's what happens when the pre-expansion patch is pushed live. Expecting the transition content to be balanced and playable is foolish considering the amount of work that would have to go into that, on top of the additional work to re-balance at the next level cap. It's basically twice as much work just to balance the game for a month while waiting for the expansion's release. Get over it, the one month (and keep in mind it's only longer for Cataclysm because they pushed back the release date) of imbalance isn't going to ruin the game for you.
    Last edited by sicness; 2010-10-27 at 04:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    a 5800 gs warr out dps'd me on last night in voa over my 6300gs enhance shammy. I died a little inside
    Your statement is based on the premise that you are as skilled or higher skilled at
    your class than the warrior in question is with his own class. We don't know that. You certainly
    assume that. Maybe there are issues with Shaman, but stating a lower geared character of
    any other class beat me in DPS means my class has a problem is a flawed argument.

Can't wait until cataclysm and DPS meters and gearscore go back to what they meant in
    vanilla. Nothing.

Deleted
    Clean up the crap in this thread or several of you are getting banned. STOP TROLLING. You have been warned.

So the chance that he was just a more skilled player than you never occurred to you? I mean I'd like to think I play my class better than everyone else out there but I know there are many people out there that play better than I do.
    Last edited by Xeraxis; 2010-10-27 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yozsh View Post
    [...]

NoW if he was complaining about his rotation I'd tell him wait to 85 because we have two abilities that'll fill in the gaps.

Oh yeah. I agree about the maelstrom weapon stacks 3 instead of 5 would function way better.
    Anyone mind to tell me what those TWO Abilities might be?
    I do see UE as a medicore filler due to its looooooooOOOOOOOooong CD.
    Please don't tell me second one is Flame Shock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    So the chance that he was just a more skilled player than you never occurred to you? I mean I'd like to think I play my class better than everyone else out there but I know there are many people out there that play better than I do.
    This.

Our 6400 GS enhancement shaman (Yes he is skilled, not just a GS whore) is quite easily out dps`d by myself even without Shadowmourne, was sitting at 6000 GS myself at the time i took a notice to this