mages still to strong?

So ive been deuling alot of the frost mages on my server. Many of whom pre 4.01 i would beat with little to no trouble. Now however i find all but a inept frostmage is just unkillable. I know I know it sounds like QQ. However i maintain that getting hit with a shatter combo for 22k and then ice lances for 6k(which lets remember are instant cast) is all but unstopable. ive tryed trinketing the pillar of frost and as i play warrior reflecting as much as i can... but by the time a mage is done with defensive cools his pillars up again and its over. i run about 1200 resil and i feel that getting hit for low to mid 20k shatter combos is too much your opinion?

Just depends on if you can lock them down, get LOS, and reflect as many spells as possible.

Game is not balanced to 1vs1 or level 80...

Who cares.

Thank god you started a new thread, there are only two other threads about Frost Mages on the FIRST PAGE OF THIS FORUM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Thank god you started a new thread, there are only two other threads about Frost Mages on the FIRST PAGE OF THIS FORUM.
    enjoy the post count did we? anyways my greatest apologies .... as far as game balanced and what its to.. and who cares... I care as a pvper i don't like getting blown up and having no recourse or ability to improve on what i did. sorry for voicing my opinion and asking for others i was under the impression that's what forums are for.... also any all forums have redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Veneratio View Post
    So ive been deuling alot of the frost mages on my server. Many of whom pre 4.01 i would beat with little to no trouble.
    So let me get this straight... before the patch you could beat them easily.. without really trying...

But now that Mages are killing YOU easily, without really trying... THEY are OP?

Gotcha.. I'll make a note of that.
    Last edited by AuthurDent; 2010-10-27 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AuthurDent View Post
    So let me get this straight... before the patch you could beat them easily.. without really trying...

But now that Mages are killing YOU easily, without really trying... THEY are OP?

Gotcha.. I'll make a note of that.
    context my friend.....let me help you get it straight .... mages who had a skill level greater than me pre 4.01 are beating me every time

mages who had skill level about even with me pre 4.01 are beating me every time

mages who had a skill level well below mine pre 4.01 are beating me every time

i only take issue with the third

yOU SAID: "So ive been deuling alot of the frost mages on my server. Many of whom pre 4.01 i would beat with little to no trouble."

You would beat them with little to no trouble.

Did you make a post somewhere stating Mages were too weak because they took little to no trouble to beat? I didn't think so.

Yes they are more powerful.. and apparently if they were "little to no trouble to beat" then.. it was a needed buff. Were they overbuffed? Probably.. but apparently you were overbuffed before the patch... so what goes around comes around... it's a natural process of the game for different classes to become "the class" to play/beat.

You probably had those mages posting posts saying "I find all but inept warriors are just unkillable."
    Last edited by AuthurDent; 2010-10-27 at 03:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veneratio View Post
    So ive been deuling alot of the frost mages on my server. Many of whom pre 4.01 i would beat with little to no trouble. Now however i find all but a inept frostmage is just unkillable. I know I know it sounds like QQ. However i maintain that getting hit with a shatter combo for 22k and then ice lances for 6k(which lets remember are instant cast) is all but unstopable. ive tryed trinketing the pillar of frost and as i play warrior reflecting as much as i can... but by the time a mage is done with defensive cools his pillars up again and its over. i run about 1200 resil and i feel that getting hit for low to mid 20k shatter combos is too much your opinion?
    Shatter combo ? Did you download 4.0.1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Agreed.