Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

[Beta] Build 13221

Discipline
    • Inner Fire now increases Spell Power by 531, up from 425.

Holy
    • Holy Nova affects target within 10 yards. (Tooltip fix)
    • Binding Heal base healing increased by 20%. From 3295-4237 to 3959-5091. Now costs 28% of base mana, down from 29%.
    • Prayer of Healing now costs 26% of base mana, down from 36% of base mana.
    • State of Mind no longer affects Renew, affects Prayer of Mending instead.
    • Chakra no longer works with Renew. No longer costs mana. Sanctuary (Prayer of Healing, Prayer of Mending) now increases healing done by your AoE spells and Renew by 15%. (Old - Only increased AoE spells by 10%)
    • Revelations now has a 40 sec cooldown.
    • Rapid Renewal (Tier 4) *New* - Reduces the global cooldown of your Renew by 0.5 sec.
    • Tome of Light is now a Tier 3 talent, down from Tier 4.

Shadow
    • Vampiric Embrace now heals you for 6%, down from 15%.
    • Improved Mind Blast now reduces healing by 10%, down from 25%

Discuss.
    Last edited by Ultima; 2010-10-27 at 05:58 PM.

Yay buffs?

28% cost reduction to PoH.
    State of Mind is now useless.
    Revelations is now confusing.
    PoH + Renew Chakra merged.
    Spec changes now make a 31 point tree complete.

I think I'll go make some tea, take off my shoes by the fire and... wait no, I'm at work. Damn.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that is baffled at the change to Revelations.

Also, I like the new talent "Rappid Renewal", we obviously won't have the regen to sustain this, but it's great for quick blanketing before the big Tympanic Tantrum-esque move.

Goodbye Aspire, hello buffed AoE mode.

Deleted
    Revelations now has a 40 sec cooldown.

What's the point on that? Are they going to make Chakra like an aura as everyone is suggesting or what?
    It's ridicolus we have even less flexibility now.

VE is 6% now? And to think we once had a whole 25% healing just a few months ago. Wow... really, losing what little desire I had to play my spriest over my elemental shaman here... Can we just remove the SW: Death self damage now? I always figured worries over it causing a easy, instant burst of VE healing was the reason it had that in the first place.

Chakra is a lot less useful in PVP now since it can't be activated and fully used while moving now. Would be nice if they'd let us use FH and CoH to trigger the states as well as PoH and Heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    I don´t see why they nerfed Vampiric Embrace, was it really that powerful? (Haven´t played Shadow in a while so not sure.)
    They don't want Shadow to out-heal Atonement. It was on Beta, so it got nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    Yay buffs?

28% cost reduction to PoH.
    State of Mind is now useless.
    Revelations is now confusing.
    PoH + Renew Chakra merged.
    Spec changes now make a 31 point tree complete.

I think I'll go make some tea, take off my shoes by the fire and... wait no, I'm at work. Damn.
    State of mind is still as useful as it was, just you increase the duration with POM instead of Renew, not that it was ever an awesome talent anyway, we could live without it tbh, technichally just saves us a GCD every 30 secs if we decide to stay in the same chakra state.

Revalations is indeed confusing, there really isnt need for a CD as its so closely tied to chakra, which has a 30 sec CD anyway, maybe some kind of PVP reason? :S

Tree looks a lot more complete now, liking the changes
    Last edited by davie; 2010-10-27 at 06:15 PM. Reason: spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    All of the Revelations should have had a uniform cooldown to begin with and be balanced accordingly. This is even more true considering they all have strange cooldowns (at least when talented).

Spells:
    Chastise = 25 secs (17.5 talented)
    Aspire (Renew) = 15 secs (10.5 talented)
    Serenity (Heal) = 20 secs (14.0 talented)
    Sanctuary (PoH) = 10 secs (7.0 talented)

However, the 40 second cooldown seems a bit long. I thought 20 would be more reasonable.
    Last edited by avestren; 2010-10-27 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Forgot talents.
    There is no gene for the human spirit. ~GATTACA

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Shadow
    [*] Vampiric Embrace now heals you for 6%, down from 15%.[/list]

Discuss.
    (-_-)

That's all I have to say about that...

I will burn your soul.

ah. heres me assuimg the 40 sec CD was a CD on when you can change what your chastise does, not a 40 sec cd on the actual abilities :S

Deleted
    LOL
    Seriously the devs responsible for priests are idiots and obviously NEVER talk to the other devs to check hwo incredibly overpowered the other classes are compared to ALL priest specs.

Of course warlocks outheal SP by TONS without the vampiric embrace nerf AND outdamg them with ease, and i dont see a nerf comming their way..................
    Of course rogues outheal Spriests by TONS with the embrace nerf..................
    Vampiric embrace is pretty much useless now as it heals prolly less than most classes inherents or normal combat reg.

Of course the holy pala radiance nerf is PATHETIC and wont change a fe****ing thing in heal output just that the players stand even CLOSER together now to get the SAME absolutely game breaking OP healing from the spell as before............
    And of course holy palas needed the incredible buff to ALL their core healing spells because of the "NERF" of holy radiance.

Lucky priests got a 20% buff to a totally situational and 90% of the time completely useless spell like binding heal.

I mean come on............ the class imbalance is so obvious only a complete moron wouldnt see it....

And instead of balancing the classes, the gap between survivability and healing output, mana regen and spell costs gets wider and wider......
    Last edited by mmoc67a88798a6; 2010-10-27 at 06:29 PM.

Deleted
    why would anyone ever want be in heal chakra then? increased healing on renew surely outperforms gcd u have to spend on refreshing it, or am i missing something ;/

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturna View Post
    LOL
    Seriously the devs responsible for priests are idiots and obviously NEVER talk to the other devs to check hwo incredibly overpowered the other classes are compared to ALL priest specs.

Of course warlocks outheal SP by TONS without the vampiric embrace nerf AND outdamg them with ease, and i dont see a nerf comming their way..................
    Of course rogues outheal Spriests by TONS with the embrace nerf..................
    Vampiric embrace is pretty much useless now as it heals prolly less than most classes inherents or normal combat reg.

Of course the holy pala radiance nerf is PATHETIC and wont change a fe****ing thing in heal output just that the players stand even CLOSER together now to get the SAME absolutely game breaking OP healing from the spell as before............
    And of course holy palas needed the incredible buff to ALL their core healing spells because of the "NERF" of holy radiance.

Lucky priests got a 20% buff to a totally situational and 90% of the time completely useless spell like binding heal.

I mean come on............ the class imbalance is so obvious only a complete moron wouldnt see it....

And instead of balancing the classes, the gap between survivability and healing output, mana regen and spell costs gets wider and wider......
    Calmly wipe the spittle from your computer screen. Take a deep breath and try to understand there will be more tweeks before release. These were all steps in the right direction...You envy pallies? Go level one? Or you want your priest to play exactly like a pally? Then what would be the point of having different classes? Or do you want to do as good as a pally? If that is the case please grab a cup of chill the %&*$ out and wait till there are more tweeks instead of this silly sh%t.

So much anger. Tastes like... salty... wet... hmm. Seriously though, what are you on?

Holy was great already and got buffed.
    Shadow was healing too much and got a minor nerf.
    Paladins had a very broken ability making up over 90% of their healing and it got nerfed.

Why is this worth tripping out over again?

Quote Originally Posted by CodeMonkey View Post
    why would anyone ever want be in heal chakra then? increased healing on renew surely outperforms gcd u have to spend on refreshing it, or am i missing something ;/
    Heal Chakra is more efficient, Sanctuary Chakra has higher throughput.

I don't understand the 40 second CD on Revelations. Does it place Sanctuary on a 40 second CD while druids and shamans happily spam their AOE heals at 15 and 10 second intervals as they try to exhaust their infinite mana pools?

15+ Year Old Account
    Three chakra states never made any sense. Only need 1 for single target healing and 1 for AOE healing. Holy words should be viewed as our swiftmend/nature swiftness spells and should be buffed to show that. Mana regen is still going to be an issue that is hopefully fixed instead of just being mentioned a lot.

VE has been (at least) 15% since the release of the game, cutting it by more than half is a bit more than just a minor change. And it was the self heal that got cut, not the group effect so it couldn't have been about it out doing atonement (plus, let's be honest, that gimmick will become Cata's version of lightwell in terms of bad priest talents)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    Paladins had a very broken ability making up over 90% of their healing and it got nerfed.
    You do realize it wasnt nerfed at all do you ? Player just ahve to stand closer together and the spell is EXACTLY the same as in its OP state..............
    Warlocks healed WAY more than Spriests, btw and cant see a nerf there.

How come priests are always the first to get already underperforming or medicore abilities nerfed when other clearly OP classeseven get buffs ?

And btw, priests waited long enough, all we got were nerfs or some very MINOR buffs, adjustements, while other classes get buffs after buffs.

And i PLAY a holy pala in cata AND a restoration druid, and they perform so much better than BOTH priest healing specs, only a stupid raidleader will invite a priest over any other healer.
    Last edited by mmoc67a88798a6; 2010-10-27 at 06:48 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also, time to axe my 2 points in tome of light