Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Must say this is are a really good guide or facts how u should do before starting raiding in cata.
    But i have maybe a really stupied question about the bear stats in cata. What should i mainly focus on...

Agility and Stamina. Get expertise and hit capped. But is it crit or haste i should focus more on?
    It i understand it right crit is really good to focus on, and of course mastery.

If i sum this is it something like this. Agilty/stam > crit > mastery or can someone just help me with this.

Thanks again for a good guide.

Bumping for Cata. Still an awesome guide. Big props to Justbearwithit

Belgath, you can find your answers in the Bear Guide under stats.

Well I haven't been able to update this post in awhile, but it should be useful for most people on their way to 85. Recently my main spec is ambiguous so I'll be shying away from picking a single spec to talk about.

Deleted
    This is tight, thanks a lot!

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just a heads up the JC trinket is a random drop that starts a quest. To my knowledge you only ever get one of each. So unable to stack them

my onnly problem is y does none othe gear listed have expertise?

When I originally made the item list, hit and expertise cap weren't much of a necessity. In my opinion you could probably still get these items and reforge them until you get to each cap so you're not wasting points in extra hit and expertise and just grabbing what you need while maintaining the good stats.

bumping for usefulness

Decent guide Im tanking as bear in heroics atm and only have like 2.7% hit it really doesnt matter if you play correctly on bosses and trash i hold off dps pushing 14k our mage did 13-14k dps on bosses

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem I'm seeing is that I cant get my rep' up with the different factions without running heroics wearing their tabard.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Problem I'm seeing is that I cant get my rep' up with the different factions without running heroics wearing their tabard.
    Or run Grim Batol, Lost City and Halls. on Regular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dombow View Post
    Or run Grim Batol, Lost City and Halls. on Regular.
    If those also provide reputation while wearing a tabard then fair enough.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    This is bloody great. But I would love a Bear Tanking Pre-Raid Gear List, that woulda been even more awesome. OP, or anyone else, that feel that they can do that? (I recently specced tanking from being resto since Vanilla, I know basically nothing about what gear and stats that is needed.)

I mean the choice of pre raid gear is limited anyway, but the idea of this thread originally was to give people an idea of what to get, but teach you what you need to get so you know what to look for. If you're farming heroics then always take the item with mastery and crit as secondary stats then gem it all with stam.

Also unless the item has haste on it, better iLvl probably means it's an upgrade. Like some people have said Hit and Expertise are looking like worse and worse stats as we find out that vengeance is completely overpowered at the moment and tanks are almost always out DPSing DPS in the same gear.(Especially AoE)

Another interesting thing about this list is that it's very similar to the feral DPS gear that you need minus being hit/expertise capped. Just regem to agility and you can go kitty.

where did the cata bear wrists go? Have been almost every where and gearing up tank bear isnt exactly easy in my opinion, but meeh I got stucked with my wrists item lv 333 , I would like to have some 359 (not asking for mutch ^^) but can also take 346, it seems if ure a plate tank u can get hand over wrists 359, but as a bear tank ure stuck with 333, did blizz forget us or?

I have a question im new to bear tanking used to play a pally and now i dont want to heal anymore so i wanted to play my druid. anyways i keep being told that tanks are supposed to have str neck rings and trnkets.. but from what you have here its mainly all agility can you help me out. or is based on player preference...

The gear list is lacking in many ways. All you have to do is go to wowhead, click database, and select items. Once there do a search for gear (lvl 318-333 pre heroic, 346-346 heroic, and 359-359 raids), wearable by druid, agility > 0, and group by slot. Then you can see all the stuff and where it comes from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahsou View Post
    where did the cata bear wrists go? Have been almost every where and gearing up tank bear isnt exactly easy in my opinion, but meeh I got stucked with my wrists item lv 333 , I would like to have some 359 (not asking for mutch ^^) but can also take 346, it seems if ure a plate tank u can get hand over wrists 359, but as a bear tank ure stuck with 333, did blizz forget us or?
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=59329 - 359

http://www.wowhead.com/item=55886 - not listed on wowhead but there are 346 versions also a set in SFK but cant remember their name atm

Quote Originally Posted by mdewfreak07 View Post
    I have a question im new to bear tanking used to play a pally and now i dont want to heal anymore so i wanted to play my druid. anyways i keep being told that tanks are supposed to have str neck rings and trnkets.. but from what you have here its mainly all agility can you help me out. or is based on player preference...
    In WotLK the "tanking" (str/stam) trinkets /jewelry where a little better for bear untill the 4.0.1 patch in cata tho you will gain much more from trying to side toward agi. Not saying dont use the str stam jewelry take for instance the Revered tank ring from Therazane i believe starting out i coupled it with the agi one until the exalted agi ring from earthen ring was available. Right now im rocking the alchy tanking trink with the http://www.wowhead.com/item=56427 reforged to dodge
    Last edited by uzumati; 2010-12-31 at 11:48 AM.
    Victoria Aut Mors

Deleted
    How can there not be a better chest armour than that greenie before heroics? Surely there must be a Level 333 chest leather armour somewhere?

That chest was originally a 333 blue crafted piece, but they must of believed that they didn't want someone to be able to craft *every* piece of gear. Technically you can buy the epic leather piece before doing heroics and that would make it easier to get more gear.