Haha shadow priests ;)

So im lvling a shadow/disc priest now and i quite like it both :P but what i noticed is something in atleast low lvl pvp is OP ok so we have a
    AoE Fear with 26 sec cd ok and a 5 sec silence with 45 sec cd (OP when you look at Strangulate for dks 4 sec silence 2 min cd i think if it hasnt been changed) then they have a fear that also disarms the target >.>, Healing debuff with Mind blast+When you crit with mind blast the target paralyses for 4 secs (lOl) and disperse+Shield... wtf im unstoppable except when i get ambushed by 3 rogues at the same time ^^ is this also like this in lvl 80 (i have full heirlooms and i one shot non heirloom guys with SW .....)

---------- Post added 2010-10-27 at 08:00 PM ----------

lol that last smiley was soposed to be just Shadow word eath not :.D

10+ Year Old Account
    well one thing you are going to have fun with, i know i am you dot them full up then mind control them the dots will still tic and you have them in a mind control so they can't do a thing for 9 seconds and those dots can drain half of that persons life on that time^^

what Soady said works wonders against healers seeing as they can't heal in that time.. then follow it with 5sec silence and 3s horror..

shadow priests are quite nice to lvl and even better now come 4.0.x

to answer your question.. once you get a bit higher and the sub rogues get a bit deeper they are most likely going to 2shot you if you are not fast on that dispers or trinket fear button

15+ Year Old Account
    I miss the days when I could talk with alliance players through mindcontrol. It made perfect sense. Dunno why they nerfed it.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    I miss the days when I could talk with alliance players through mindcontrol. It made perfect sense. Dunno why they nerfed it.
    wow didn't knew that was possible... sounds fantastic..

ffs ok you get it anyway

---------- Post added 2010-10-27 at 08:12 PM ----------

My last comment was an accident xd

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    i used to do that too from time to time.
    it was also possible to buff/heal them (with instant spells ofc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Priests just have awesome utility in PvP, always have as far as i know. Its one of the things that drew me to the class.
    However, you are easly taken down once target, so its not as OP as you think. Taking in mind a DK dies alot slower than you do overall seen

Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    Its still possbile to throw any instant onto a MC'ed target. I hate it when you MC someone in a BG and a healer flips out and heals that person to full -_-.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    still is :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stykkz View Post
    5 sec silence with 45 sec cd (OP when you look at Strangulate for dks 4 sec silence 2 min cd i think if it hasnt been changed) then they have a fear that also disarms the target >.>, Healing debuff with Mind blast+When you crit with mind blast the target paralyses for 4 secs (lOl) and disperse+Shield...
    not compare the silence of the priests, with that of "dk," not because it is needed, "the Op" is not based on that.
    Decreased 25% heal is good, but certainly not that which will kill that damn paladin holy or druid.
    The paralysis of 4 seconds after a "crit" of the mind blast is quite useless at the moment, all the priests were pumping "sp" and haste, and the critic and the possibility that you will be able to paralyze someone is around 20% (change in future, I believe, where the priests in pvp use more "crit").
    the fear that disarms, is because without it there would be just the normal fear to keep a certain distance.
    I end up telling us about the shield absorbs 5k at level 80, with 4k sp.
    which is not a big deal to break or dispelled.
    The real strength lies in the full dot the opponent and make good use of the 3 control you have

Don't forget that your crit mind blast can get parried/dodged and won't proc paralysis!

Other than that, I don't see how you can compare Strangulate to Silence. In fact, if you're going to whine about that, remember Imp CS is a 4 second silence on a 24s cooldown. Strangulate as it is is too much. For this entire expansion DKs have gotten free kills on me by managing to hit a cast with mind freeze. The lockout gets followed by strangulate and then maybe gnaw or DG after to interrupt any last cast. (also, don't forget that dks also had more defensive cooldowns than you could shake a stick at. They're not the flimsy class that are priests.) /endrant

Yes, shadow is strong as long as you manage you dot everything up and control the enemies. They however, are easily taken down between dispersions.

I miss when you could MC tapped targets and force low lvl players into PVP mode :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Back in the day, I used to have my horde buddies come into IF. Myself and another healer would sit here and let people go crazy on him, then MC him, heal him, rinse and repeat.

Good times =)

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Quote Originally Posted by Devanox View Post
    Its still possbile to throw any instant onto a MC'ed target. I hate it when you MC someone in a BG and a healer flips out and heals that person to full -_-.
    But, how sweet is it when you MC someone and everyone from the other team kills him/her. That's gotta be one of the best feelings, even better when it's on another priest.