Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    lolwut?

if 500g per stack really would be right then i know what im doin when cataclysm comes out
    That is why every other player will farm too.
    And because all ppl farm ores like crazy, the 500g per stack won't happen.
    Really every guy, player, farmer, chinese and even xp-hungry levelers will jump on their AWAC and look out for nodes and herbs.
    Yes, demand will be high, but this time supply might even be higher.

Quote Originally Posted by spicie View Post
    herbalism gives you a HoT not a haste spell
    actually it gives u a haste spell...sux to not know what u r talking about, i'd feel ashamed...just saying

saves you money, but gives you a minor dps penalty. i prefer my money piles, as I can use money to bribe people out of gear, so dual gathering professions it is!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    Problem is: if everybody would think so, nobody would have any gathering proffessions on any toon.
    Chinese gold farmers!!!

---------- Post added 2010-11-02 at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kumiko View Post
    Really every guy, player, farmer, chinese and even xp-hungry levelers will jump on their AWAC and look out for nodes and herbs.
    Doubt it.

Gathering professions (mining in particular) always make a killing with a new expansion launch... Ore is going to be in extremely high demand since JC needs an infinite supply, and BS/engineering needs a bunch of bars to level and craft some goodies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumiko View Post
    I believe titanium was well over 500g per stack for a while when wotlk first came out, so I wouldn't be surprised if the new titanium equivalent went for just as much, if not more.

Demand will be high, but I don't think supply will be higher because there is a limited amount of ore that you can supply due to respawn timers on the nodes.
    Last edited by nwo; 2010-11-03 at 12:31 PM.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

i am actually droping BS on my main to pick up mining since i made such a killing with ore when wrath come out
    but i also have the mats pre farmed to get BS back to 450 if there is to much supply and not enough demand and that will most likely happen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssith View Post
    and Herbalism gives you a 20 second 240 Haste boost... that alone might be enough to take it.
    nooooo! I want my magical healing leaves back!

I keep gathering professions where they make sense. My tank has mining because that 60 stam bonus is exactly what he wants, i was going to pick up blacksmithing but i figured i was going to slap 2 30 stam gems on the extra sockets anyways. You have less versatility in what bonus you get, but they fit perfectly in some cases.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    when levelling up yes. Outland Fel Iron ores are really easy to farm and are 40-70g a stack on my server. Shame my warrior is'nt 58 yet
    Insert Signiture here.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pluse if you are leveling a toon you get exp for all mining and herbs that you pick so you lvl you proffision and your toon

and the only time its really ever NOT insanely expensive to get mats exclusively off the AH is towards the end of expansions.

i think its definitely worth having a gatherer for mining at least, and herbs arent far behind that

The question of "is gathering" worth it is more a question of "what are you gathering?" and how much can it sell for?

Farming Mobs / Gathering / Playing the AH / Farming Instances / etc, etc ... it all comes down to income per hour. If you can go farm X mob for an hour to make 700 gold, vs running instances for an hour and make 500g, vs mining for 1 hour make 300g ... which should you do? Go farm for 1 hour, buy the mats you need and pocket the rest of the gold.

Yea, those numbers are made up, but I have generally found the "gathering" was the least "per hour" of most activities to make gold ... but it depends upon your chars, what professions they have, and what you like to do.

Depends how you play. Personally I see gathering as work, something which prevents me from enjoying the game. I've always been good with the AH, so I can make more gold checking up on my auctions once or twice a day than flying around for hours staring at my minimap.

Other people enjoy gathering, find it relaxing, do it on alts, or hate having to buy what they could have farmed. So decide for yourself, there's no right answer.

I hate farming, but yes it's worth it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    mining is just fine, especially if you're going to tank
    as of professions combination this is not the best pair imho: levelling them both side by side works great, yeah, but at 450 they work only separately as by now
    I survived 2010 Summer in Moscow without leaving city for a single day!

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't want to buy ores/herbs/skins for skilling in the first 2 months after cataclysm hits live. Prices will be insane, i remember stacks of Saronite Ore on my server for 500g each and they actually selled.

If you plan to drop gathering professions, be patient and wait until prices are kinda normalized again. You'll miss a huge opporunity to gain shitloads of money otherwise.

Who are these people? No server I have played on has EVER had that happen. Ever. I've played on something close to 5 different servers. Even when new uses for ore or raw materials are discovered the boom in prices is not that extreme. Think about when they made titanium prospectable, it did not balloon to 500g per stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosh View Post
    Who are these people? No server I have played on has EVER had that happen. Ever. I've played on something close to 5 different servers. Even when new uses for ore or raw materials are discovered the boom in prices is not that extreme. Think about when they made titanium prospectable, it did not balloon to 500g per stack.
    Why not? Probably because they made titanium prospectable in the second major content patch. Titanium prices on my server more than doubled though. It was around 100G before patch and before all the rumors/announcements and it went up to 300-400g after the patch. Titanium prices at WOTLK release were about 1,000g per stack. I used to sell single ores for around 50G or more for the first couple of weeks.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by sidebar View Post
    The question of "is gathering" worth it is more a question of "what are you gathering?" and how much can it sell for?

Farming Mobs / Gathering / Playing the AH / Farming Instances / etc, etc ... it all comes down to income per hour. If you can go farm X mob for an hour to make 700 gold, vs running instances for an hour and make 500g, vs mining for 1 hour make 300g ... which should you do? Go farm for 1 hour, buy the mats you need and pocket the rest of the gold.

Yea, those numbers are made up, but I have generally found the "gathering" was the least "per hour" of most activities to make gold ... but it depends upon your chars, what professions they have, and what you like to do.
    I was going to reply something like this, but you wrote it down so nicely. Nuff said ^^
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

how do people not know that lifeblood already give the haste buff? /fail.

Gathering is fun, esp a tauren druid 310% flight speed + oracle solution + .5 herbalsim = lolallyininjayournodez