Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    all these people saying buy uncut gems and resell cut for more, yeah that does work but it depends on what server you're on. I'm on a full server so the cut gems are usually 5g more than the uncut.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you wanna FARM it and not do it by proffesions/playing ah.

Then farm old school instances/raids if you are a class with self healing.

Tho it's not the best income :P

Quote Originally Posted by Janaa View Post
    PROTIP: Don't buy your mats. Farm mats for free, make them into stuff, and sell it. Net gold goes up. This is how you make gold with a profession.
    Completely irrelevant. Whether you farm the mats or buy them from the AH does not affect the profit you make from crafting.

Only buy mats when it's economically advantageous to do so.
    If it's not economically advantageous to buy mats, then it's not economically advantageous to craft at all, you should be selling the raw materials you farmed directly.

I do BWL (old 60 raid) with a pally mate once a week, if lucky we net 2 ore/ingots each which sell from 800-1k on my server. Gold from bosses ranges from 30-100 gold, each run from bosses and trash loot gets you around 400g.

My hunter made some decent gold from JC but it has died down after patch.
    Last edited by John_Matrix; 2010-11-01 at 09:20 PM.

I made 35k gold just by leveling alts world of altoholic

Deleted
    Silly OP! Gold doesn't come from farming. Gold comes from china

Spam in trade: female selling 15 minute voice conversations on vent for 1k gold

Steps:
    1. Go to http://www.tarouwowguides.com/
    2. Find your profession
    3. Watch the video, read the entire page.
    4. Do everything he does in his videos.
    5. ????????
    6. Profit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftdeus View Post
    This.

Do all your quests in Icecrown at Level 80. I made over 500 gold in less than 2 hours. There were still tons more. Didn't even touch Storm Peaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artavur View Post
    This.
    Was just going to post that one!! >.<

ITouch failed me :'(.
    Last edited by Sylvorian; 2010-11-01 at 11:07 PM.
    How do I live without the ones I love?
    Time still turns the pages of the book it's burned
    Place and time always on my mind
    I have so much to say, but you're so far away!
    R.I.P. Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan, you'll be missed!

Quote Originally Posted by swiftdeus View Post
    I lol'd

Quote Originally Posted by anmmochamp View Post
    Translated into English:

1. Buy Epic gems (eg. Cardinal Ruby) for 100g
    2. Cut Cardinal Ruby into Bold Cardinal Ruby
    3. Sell for 125g
    4. PROFIT!!?!?!!?!?!
    5. Repeat
    6. Buy kara
    7. Move in with Jaina
    8. Tap that Jaina...
    I like this guy's priorities, he's on the ball.
    Addiction, stage 1 of detoxification, you might aswell get worse first if you're gonna get better

15+ Year Old Account
    WSG weekend has been a good way to farm gold for me.

But well, best way to farm gold (imo) seems to be farming Dire Maul. It's easily 700-1k gold / hour. (Not that I ever farm there anymore, I don't need gold. )

Actually on topic, since this is about proffesions:

I'd say Enchanting and JC are probably the best 2 proffesions to make gold with. I've seen people earn 500g+ an hour by just spamming tradechat and selling cuts/enchants. I would absolutely hate to do this myself though and I wouldn't find it worth my time.

The easiest ways I have found to make gold was having multiple toons. My pally is a transmute alchemist and herbalist. My DK is a Blacksmith/JC. My Main, Rogue, is a miner/enchanter. I farm on my rogue, use the saronite ore, make them into bars, Transmute the bars into titanium. Transmute gems daily. Make Eternal belt buckles when they sell for a decent amount, Cut gems as i get/transmute them.
    Also good to farm lower level instances such as Stratholme, I have Riverdare's deathcharger on my rogue and made tons from selling the enchanting mats there.

Proffesions/Auction House are the two best ways to make gold.

1.Using say Jewel crafting stack up about 10 of the same gem color, find out wich is the highest selling cut and undercut everyone by small amounts for the shortest period of time.

2.Also do your JC daily, sell the dragon's eyes for 80-90g each.

3.Farm heroics for gold and sell the enchanting mats.

One of the BEST ways to make gold that has always worked and always will work is farming Vanilla ores, people will pay huge amounts for stacks of mithril and thorium because they are in short supply and everyone leveling Blacksmithing must go through them.

Not trying to troll but:
    I make gold by keeping these secrets to myself so other people dont raid my farm spots etc

Quote Originally Posted by Eyetotem View Post
    IMO you have missed the boat with JC right now. A lot of guilds have stopped raiding and the last thing you want to do is be stuck with a lot of gems when the Xpac hits. Just do not keep more on hand than you can afford to eat.

TLR Don't tie all your Gold up in Gems, you may get stuck with them.
    So wrong, people wit fresh alt or dropping profression to grab JC will buy all gem from AH to lvl JC (the green and blue gem price will also go up for a while)

Farm baby, farm!

Level gathering professions... save up several thousand gold from just selling stuff.

Level JC/something else, use left over money to buy out mats for your crafting professions... craft... sell stuff at appropriate times and watch for undercuts...

Scan AH for stuff you can buy and resale for direct profit.

Repeat as much as possible.

Grats on gold cap.