Thread: Destro Haste

Destro Haste

I know, there are many forums about this, i just wanted to confirm a simple fact.

Destro haste cap is currently 1405. Is this correct?

I was under the impression that demo did not have a haste cap, well not a realistically achievable one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    (Oh god I'm such a troll)

soon as you start to global cooldown ur incinerates under backdraft/backlash?? which ever one, i dont play destro :P after conflags. dont think its worth takin the improved soul fire haste into it, as that wil only be up for the first 20% of the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taken from: http://wowmb.net/forums/f9/40392-destruction_stat_tips/
    Quote Originally Posted by The Warlocks Den
    The GCD haste cap is:
    ((1.5/1.05)-1)*3279=1405.3 haste rating (Or, 42.9% haste)
    Add one additional rating and you'll get an 8th immolate tick. Therefore, you should go for 1406 haste.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Add one additional rating and you'll get an 8th immolate tick. Therefore, you should go for 1406 haste.
    Last I was reading on EJ they were noticing that it appears dot ticks rounded either up or down to the nearest whole tick. Don't quote me on that though.

10+ Year Old Account
    allforone: That can't possibly be true. The amount of rating needed for a new ticks is a lot, we're talking hundreds of haste rating. Immolate starts off with five ticks at 0 haste, eight ticks at 1406 haste and nine ticks at 2030 haste. You would more than just notice if it rounded up half way.
    Last edited by Cusco; 2010-10-28 at 08:47 AM.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Cusco View Post
    allforone: That can't possibly be true. The amount of rating needed for a new ticks is a lot, we're talking hundreds of haste rating. Immolate starts off with five ticks at 0 haste, eight ticks at 1406 haste and nine ticks at 2030 haste. You would more than just notice if it rounded up half way.
    It's true, you actually get 7,14 Immolate ticks at 1406 haste rating (42,9%) but add 5% haste raid buff and you're exactly at 50% haste. This means you get 7,5 Immolate ticks, or your Immolate will tick every 2 seconds (15/2=7,5).

ok, so it seems like 1405 is still right? since the extra point at 1406 is not needed due to the 5% haste buff in riads?
    Thanks for quick answers.

EDIT: Correction, seems like 1406 is what u need? the extra point will let you get that 8th tick?
    Last edited by jster; 2010-10-28 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jster View Post
    EDIT: Correction, seems like 1406 is what u need? the extra point will let you get that 8th tick?
    Yes, 1406 haste rating with 5% haste buff will get you to 50% haste and 8th Immolate tick.

Deleted
    Bumping and borrowing this thread a bit:

Is there a table for how much haste you need for every immolate tick? Where?

Because I assume that if you wont make it to the nearest tick with your gear/gems the best thing to do would be to reforge your excess haste to mastery?

I.ex: immolate tick #6 is at 500 haste. Tick #7 is at 800. With your gear and gems you reach 750, thus not reaching the next immolate tick. I assume it is better to reforge 100 haste to mastery instead of sticking with 750 haste?

Quote Originally Posted by ErayoEU View Post
    Bumping and borrowing this thread a bit:

Is there a table for how much haste you need for every immolate tick? Where?

Because I assume that if you wont make it to the nearest tick with your gear/gems the best thing to do would be to reforge your excess haste to mastery?

I.ex: immolate tick #6 is at 500 haste. Tick #7 is at 800. With your gear and gems you reach 750, thus not reaching the next immolate tick. I assume it is better to reforge 100 haste to mastery instead of sticking with 750 haste?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/....01-Haste-Info

I have all il264 gear except ring and belt. Every piece of gear i have has haste on it or has been reforged for more haste. The question i have is i can get to 1406 haste if i change lw embroidery to +23 haste and sell out on all haste gems at the expense of intellect is it worth it to do so - i believe this is the quandry that some posters have on this thread.

Here is my armory

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-a...rc&gn=Mythical

Thanks

Deleted
    Yip deffo 1406 haste.

Also with this lvl of haste 3 points in dark pact is pointless that nearly everyone has taken so drop it to 1/3 (imp will be at GCD on firebolt already) and put them into imp corruption.
    You may be going "RAWRNOCORRUPTIONASDESTRORAAAAAAWWWR" but itll greatly improve ur dps. Corruption with this haste will be ticking about 10-11 times per cast. its DPCT greatly outweighs "non-backdrafted" incinerate filler.

Id really advise ppl hitting this haste cap but ONLY if viable. dont go dropping int and shit for it or dropping below 20% mastery. At first glance you'll think the dps is about the same but on movement fights your 2 dots will pwn and keep a higher dps uptime than "low haste / high mastery" set ups.

Heres what i did with my set "Colacubes / Vashj" (cant link stuff yet)

Quote Originally Posted by colacubes View Post
    Yip deffo 1406 haste.

Also with this lvl of haste 3 points in dark pact is pointless that nearly everyone has taken so drop it to 1/3 (imp will be at GCD on firebolt already) and put them into imp corruption.
    You may be going "RAWRNOCORRUPTIONASDESTRORAAAAAAWWWR" but itll greatly improve ur dps. Corruption with this haste will be ticking about 10-11 times per cast. its DPCT greatly outweighs "non-backdrafted" incinerate filler.

Id really advise ppl hitting this haste cap but ONLY if viable. dont go dropping int and shit for it or dropping below 20% mastery. At first glance you'll think the dps is about the same but on movement fights your 2 dots will pwn and keep a higher dps uptime than "low haste / high mastery" set ups.

Heres what i did with my set "Colacubes / Vashj" (cant link stuff yet)
    What are you talking about with dark pact? It's no longer in the talents. I'm more than a tad confused

Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea View Post
    What are you talking about with dark pact? It's no longer in the talents. I'm more than a tad confused
    It also never reduced cast time. Assuming you're a warlock since you're posting in the warlock forum. Do you not know your own talents? Obviously he made a mistake which happens, but for you to not have any idea what he was talking about out weighs his mistake by far. Either that or you just wanted to be a jack-ass and point out his mistake like a first grader. It's Dark Arts the talent he was referring to.

I know it never reduced cast time, hence the MORE than a tad confused, not just confused and couldn't make a connection to what he was referring to with a tired brain. Dark Pact was also for affliction not destro but thats not the point and gave mana back via taking from the pet.

I never made the mental leap for Dark Arts tis all, we all make mistakes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    It also never reduced cast time. Assuming you're a warlock since you're posting in the warlock forum. Do you not know your own talents? Obviously he made a mistake which happens, but for you to not have any idea what he was talking about out weighs his mistake by far. Either that or you just wanted to be a jack-ass and point out his mistake like a first grader. It's Dark Arts the talent he was referring to.
    LOL yes i meant Dark Art top of the demo tree. Most people think that the imp will reduce its cast to 1.0 seconds but it'll actually stop at 1.5
    You may wonder why I dont put points in Doom and Gloom, I just feel that we have enough crit already raid buffed and chances are BoD wont take advantage of it every 15sec.

Imps firebolts do not scale with haste but burning embers do scale as they are a dot correct?

Deleted
    Firebolt's cast time does scale with the locks haste. Im not sure about burning embers tbh, but the direct cast im sure of. mine is at 1.57sec with haste trinks on and 1.63 with em off.
    Try and judge how must haste u will have in raid and make sure your imp isnt under 1.5sec. If so take points out of dark arts and put em somewhere useful.