Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisko View Post
    I can only confirm that DS currently hits like a wet noodle, with both damage and range reduced and SoComm talent "cleave" damage is a complete joke compared to old SoComm seal.

I can estimate that Ret AoE was nerfed by 40-50% and looking on meters I can see Fury continuing faceroll to AoE glory. GJ Blizzard, GJ.
    i know that DS is only for aoe pulls, but in icc i am usually topping the meters above a fury warrior and some casters. I guess its just RNG helping me since i tend to have tons of HP to spare for the DS

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talanaer View Post
    i know that DS is only for aoe pulls, but in icc i am usually topping the meters above a fury warrior and some casters. I guess its just RNG helping me since i tend to have tons of HP to spare for the DS
    That isn't as likely to be good RNG as it is to be called lazy guildies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by beingmused View Post
    That is not correct; HW has a component of it that is shared amongst all mobs, but does indeed do more total damage the more targets it hits.

DS is great for what it is meant for: dealing with "swarms" (lots of low HP mobs). Whether or not it has any utility in raiding, I'm not sure. Frankly I'm glad that our single target rotation no is no longer half dominated by passive AOE; it had benefits on a few fights (Halion, LK), but was a pain in the ass on others, and I'd rather see our single target DPS to remain so awesome than get AOE buffs.
    You obviously dont know what you're taking about. "Glad that our S.T.R. is no longer dominated by AOE"...

Holy Wrath much?

Quote Originally Posted by Izssy View Post
    I agree and I don´t get why they should bind DS to holy power. It became really annoying -_-"
    What i want isn´t a buff to DS damage but to remove the need of holy power.
    DivStorm and Holy wrath need to change places. DivStorm part of our rotation..having damage split between all enemies in range. Holy Wrath scaling with Holy power and not split between enemies in range.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    DivStorm and Holy wrath need to change places. DivStorm part of our rotation..having damage split between all enemies in range. Holy Wrath scaling with Holy power and not split between enemies in range.
    Rename it and make it single target the exact same way it is AE and i'd be perfectly fine with that.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

I don't think blizz realizes how disappointed some ret's still are about their former "final" talent ability being a spell that only gets used on huge trash pulls in ICC. Something that apparently is going away in cata. What purpose will there be in having divine storm at all once that is the case?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dio the Holy Diver View Post
    I don't think blizz realizes how disappointed some ret's still are about their former "final" talent ability being a spell that only gets used on huge trash pulls in ICC. Something that apparently is going away in cata. What purpose will there be in having divine storm at all once that is the case?
    Well there is some use for DS in Cata just not very much at all on most fights it's just sitting there and some trash packs of 8 you will CC 3-4 adds and AE the rest down or at least we have CC'd 2 and DPS'd 6 and then you use DS but ya overall they could make DS single target Holy Damage on a CD instead of Holy Power and I would be 100% Happier hell I'll use consecrate and holy wrath to AE.

I just really feel we need 1 more single target attack with HP regen instead of just having one but that is just me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dio the Holy Diver View Post
    If DS was on the same CD as crusader strike but hit for less on single target and generated a point of holy power I would be happy. As it stands there is very few situations where it's worth burning 3hp to use. What really sucks is that sometimes mobs you think are in range of it actually aren't and it only hits 2-3 mobs instead of 5-6...
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthius View Post
    I would be really happy if they allow Divine Storm to transfer your main target's Censure stacks to all targets hit by Divine Storm. A Cheap rip-off of Pestilence but it'll be cool. Or just make Divine Storm causes Holy Damage as it was firstly introduced.

Maybe just like RoughJustice said, make it exclusive with CS just like HotR and it's HP Generator.
    In that case you simply could give HotR to Ret, delete DS from the game and call it a day. But nontheless you're right, DS needs to at least be stripped from the need of HP. But it consequently shouldn't be generating HP either, and kept only as a tool for bigger aoe groups, say more than three or four mobs. I like the new "focus burn singletarget" philosophy. Just aoeing everything down is boring, but used here and there it's a fun game element.

€: Yes I meant DS, stupid me.
    Last edited by mmoc7d0ef109c7; 2010-10-28 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Scyo View Post
    In that case you simply could give HotR to Ret, delete HS from the game and call it a day. But nontheless you`re right, HS needs to at least be stripped from the need of HP. But it consequently should'nt be generating HP either, and kept only as a tool for bigger aoe groups, say more than three or four mobs. I like the new "focus burn singletarget" philosophy. Just aoeing everything down is boring, but used here and there it's a fun game element.
    I agree (assuming you mean DS).

It shouldn't be a HotR copy. It shouldn't generate HP. It shouldn't be a button we want to hit on single target fights. Instead, it should be pretty much exactly what Whirlwind is: weapon damage to all nearby targets on a 10 second cooldown (perhaps with the healing perk remaining).

What stops us from using it on single target fights? It doesn't generate HP, doesn't regen our mana, and is probably less damage than any other filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Well there is some use for DS in Cata just not very much at all on most fights it's just sitting there and some trash packs of 8 you will CC 3-4 adds and AE the rest down or at least we have CC'd 2 and DPS'd 6 and then you use DS but ya overall they could make DS single target Holy Damage on a CD instead of Holy Power and I would be 100% Happier hell I'll use consecrate and holy wrath to AE.

I just really feel we need 1 more single target attack with HP regen instead of just having one but that is just me.

Req I absolutely agree 100% with that we need one more single target attack I built a tree in wartools based on that principle in my sig, but the ability is as follows & replaces Zealotry.

Templars Accusation 10 yard range, 10 second cooldown.
    Instantly dive at the target striking them 2 times consecutively. The first strike dealing 125% weapon damage. The second strike dealing 35% weapon damage as holy damage & knocking the opponent down for .5 seconds. Adds 2 charges of Holy Power.

2 charges sounds like a lot the way the current tree is, but in the designed tree it fit well. But then I think they need to buff Divine Storm to 3 Hopo hitting for 200% weapon damage. Guarantees you want to use it in a multi mob situation.
    Last edited by Onemind; 2010-10-29 at 01:58 AM.

DS should be to CS as HotR is to CS

in other words DS should also give HP when used but it should be on the same cooldown as CS, they need to make it so DS does less dmg then CS to a single target or it will be OP and everyone will just mindlessly use DS all the time
    Last edited by davep; 2010-10-29 at 05:52 AM.

DS is way too graphically intensive for a short cooldown

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I havn't exactly read all comments now.
    Also, have no idea on WHERE you would want to AoE..
    But I pull about 20-24k dps on the first packs before marrowgar.
    Tho, that's mostly because of mastery proccing new free DS..
    7-11 never stop

ah yes, because graphical intensity should dictate good game design

I really like the idea of a HotR type clone (or turning DS into HotR). As it stands now, it's better to spend that talent point into something else and skipping DS altogether. DS isn't even really situational at this point. If there is over 5 mobs, its going to be dead before DS can even hope to do any significant damage.

Putting DS on a 10sec CD but not letting it generate Holy Power would basically turn it into another Holy Wrath without the stun and with possibly a different damage calculation.

Anyways enough of my rambling, I like where this thread is going. More please.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonoka View Post
    I havn't exactly read all comments now.
    Also, have no idea on WHERE you would want to AoE..
    But I pull about 20-24k dps on the first packs before marrowgar.
    Tho, that's mostly because of mastery proccing new free DS..
    While i'm sure you are happy with your 24K any other class can out perform you on that same pack.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I agree. DS right now is almost entirely useless, as I see it. I need a group of at least 5-6 mobs to guarantee that it's better than a TV on one of the mobs. Haven't done Onyxia since 4.01 though...
    Well, isn't this EXACTLY what Blizzard wanted? That you have to choose if it's worth trying to aoe 3 mobs, or if it's better to kill one at a time. I think this is what they have been saying all along isn't it?

This is just a way of differing bad from good players. it is not a nerf. The bad player will obviously continue to hit DS on 3 mob pulls, and thereby do less damage than the good pala that hits a single target with TV. Moreover, he might also get aggro and die because he is not hitting the main target.

Quote from Blizzard "we call this justice".

Don't you agree?

And: all other classes have to make the same decision.
    Last edited by nescáfè; 2010-10-29 at 08:14 AM. Reason: addition

Deleted
    May i ask a few things please:

Would it be suitable to use Divine Storm for say fights like Sindy Gauntlet where you can build up Holy Power reasonably quickly and just expend it on AOE, or would it be more practical to just stick with holy wrath spam and expending holy power on templar's verdict?

Secondly is it really worthwhile spending 3 stacks of HP on zealotry? Sorry for being dumb but i am just trying to be more careful how i use holypower on certain fights.

Many thanks in advance.

It should have a shared CD with CS, generate 1 HP and do less single target damage than CS.

I know it will be basically the same as Prot's options, but srs, it bloody works.

ATM when I go DPS for giggles, I don't even have DS on me bars, every time I use it with 3Hp I just hear the 'waamp waamp waaaaaorrr' cartoon stylie sound.

Deleted
    I may sound like trolling, but the question is serious.

Why do you even want to use Divinse Storm?

To kill trash faster in a 5man heroic? AoE farming? Surely not on a boss fight (maaaybe aside from LK hc...)

Deleted
    Nice for old content

has a healing component based on the amount of damage you deal with it.

Some bosses with ads, EG. Garr you can just hit divine storm and out heal all the damage while killing all of them aswel.