Thread: hunters nerf ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wipeout View Post
    i rerolled hunters because mages werent that great, now it seems like theys changed around. so it is worth stickin it out untill cata?
    Try all the classes and find the one that you enjoy playing the most. Don't concern yourself as much with which class is currently OP or whatever; just play whatever class is the most "fun" to you. Over the months, different classes will be bottom feeders and then OP the next patch; your chosen class' time will come, so try to just enjoy the game.

PS: And whine on the forums when your chosen class is currently bottom feeding, of course. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Wipeout View Post
    i rerolled hunters because mages werent that great, now it seems like theys changed around. so it is worth stickin it out untill cata?
    It's never worth rerolling because a certain class is more powerful at a given moment. They always get nerfed or others get buffed. Play the class with a playstyle you like and wait for it to be balanced. As long as hunters are balanced by the time I start the 1st Catacylsm raid then i'll be happy. Even if they aren't I wont be rerolling.

news flash all other dps appears nerfed compared to casters atm

My dps in every spec went down, save for BM. I am rocking what I usually did as MM in ICC. Used to be able to pull 14-15k dps on saurfang, I can easily match that on Marrowgar!

For those of you who have beta keys I suggest you log on sometime and take a look at that steady shot nerf. If that isn't a nerf I don't know what is, I have played a hunter since vanilla and if I know one thing hunters have always had their ups and downs. One thing I can say that yes if you roll a hunter and don't expect to be topping meters there is something wrong with you pure class should be better than hybrid it's just that simple. Hybrids should not be able to make their cake and be able to eat it too. Hang in there people at 85 it is a lot different and keep in mind that if the vast majority of hunters are below par at 85 they will make changes just like they always do.

Quote Originally Posted by koji View Post
    For those of you who have beta keys I suggest you log on sometime and take a look at that steady shot nerf. If that isn't a nerf I don't know what is, I have played a hunter since vanilla and if I know one thing hunters have always had their ups and downs. One thing I can say that yes if you roll a hunter and don't expect to be topping meters there is something wrong with you pure class should be better than hybrid it's just that simple. Hybrids should not be able to make their cake and be able to eat it too. Hang in there people at 85 it is a lot different and keep in mind that if the vast majority of hunters are below par at 85 they will make changes just like they always do.
    It's not a nerf, its a corrected tool tip. It's been doing that much damage, but like the rest of the shots the tool tip did not reflect this.

um.. HUnters do an increase of 3-4k dps "if u know how to play your spec as of 4.0.1" I went from 14k n ICC to 17-18k. It is just that most other classes do WAAY more dmg than before ie Boomkins and Mages. Hunter dps is fine

no that just means u didnt do optimal dps prior to the patch wala.
    and now u just found a spot u like better. i like focus i do a little bit more than i used to around the 1k area but on movement fights its a pita.

Quote Originally Posted by Superpenguin3 View Post
    um.. HUnters do an increase of 3-4k dps "if u know how to play your spec as of 4.0.1" I went from 14k n ICC to 17-18k. It is just that most other classes do WAAY more dmg than before ie Boomkins and Mages. Hunter dps is fine
    mmm, i wouldn't say it's a huge increase. I would say it's a sidegrade.

Right now i'm averaging 5-10% higher then I did pre 4.0. That being said, going from #1-3 dps spots, to 5-8 is painful.

We aren't really nerfed. It's just other classes (IE Locks/Mages) are doing a quiet a bit more then they had before. We don't have a great AE to sort of throw into the rotation to splash on other mobs as they have either. It sort of hurts us for some fights where we were at least able to use multishot, now multishot is a joke.

The new rotation is sort of clunky, not incredibly hard to understand. I think the whole queue system is going to take more getting used to, or perhaps scrapping.

Eitherway! It's not too bad, just a learning curve that they obviously aren't going to put a whole lot of man power into fixing until 85.

perhaps you should try out SV aoe. If maxing out at 60k dps on sindra trash isn't fun, then i don't know what is.

Well from what I have heard the whole que is something you can turn off in your interface settings. Also you are correct classes like mages and locks are doing far more compared to hunters at lvl 80 basically due to the way mastery is working for them right and how mastery works for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luzkaz View Post
    perhaps you should try out SV aoe. If maxing out at 60k dps on sindra trash isn't fun, then i don't know what is.
    Maxing out on bosses is more fun

Seriously though, SV will be great with Cobra Shot. Until then, it feels funny.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

We are all limited at the moment like all other physical DPS, because we sort of have a damage cap with our ranged weapon. In Cata we will no doubt be around top again. Right now it's just the casters going crazy with no limit, yet we have outdated weapons pretty much now.

They have not been nerfed. I was MM pre-4.0.1 now, I am BM, and I am really happy with it. My dps has gone up since the patch, and, I get to bring my big yellow bug ^^

Quote Originally Posted by hakai View Post
    We are all limited at the moment like all other physical DPS, because we sort of have a damage cap with our ranged weapon. In Cata we will no doubt be around top again. Right now it's just the casters going crazy with no limit, yet we have outdated weapons pretty much now.
    this is ... just a bs excuse. our ranged weapon damage was buffed to compensate for the loss of ammo. they could have increased it more, they didnt.

Premonition controlled DPS tests
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/vk5z5...um/damageDone/
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/emhzo...um/damageDone/
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/l9qnq...um/damageDone/

hunters lower middle of the pack. awesome! mages in that parse are low too idk why but clearly if this trend continues mages and hunters need a significant buff and once again ret probably needs a nerf.

Deleted
    To the OP ... sorry dude this is a QQ thread from a player that obviously does not know how to play its class ( coming from a simpler rotation mage to the hunter wich is a bit harder now ( as a rotation ..

You got 4,8gs ( or had at the time of posting ) and complain that your dps in Heroic dungeons is bad ? ( hunter burst has been nerfed .. yes ... ) also there are seriously a milion threads about the fact that dps has been balanced to 85 and not 80 ......

You are efectlivly the player who at the end of BC reroled a warlock because they where top dps but then got uber nerfed ( more like placed in-line with the rest .) ppl are somehow trying to justify your QQ but its just not worth it ... the damn cataclysm is not out yet and you are already giving up ... bad player is bad ... the end.

then again the act of playing doesnt actualy imply something serious so you cant realy be bad or good .. its just play ...
    Last edited by mmoc7e5ead0730; 2010-10-29 at 01:26 AM.

umm, yeah. I raid with hunters who do 10k more dps than what you claim to do. but gear, enchants, and stuff like that has a lot to do with it.

hunters didn't necessarily get nerfed, just everyone else got buffed and hunters need to relearn how to play their class, so naturally that learning curve will lower dps. that and the fact that a concise and thorough hunter guide for 4.0.1 and beyond is really hard to find (I've been searching for about a week now looking for a good BM raiding guide with no luck).

in a nutshell, don't expect hunters to be jizzing out big numbers until lvl 85 once everyone has found their groove and what not. give it time, you might like it.

Quote Originally Posted by vladdraculea View Post
    this is ... just a bs excuse. our ranged weapon damage was buffed to compensate for the loss of ammo. they could have increased it more, they didnt.

Premonition controlled DPS tests
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/vk5z5...um/damageDone/
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/emhzo...um/damageDone/
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/l9qnq...um/damageDone/

hunters lower middle of the pack. awesome! mages in that parse are low too idk why but clearly if this trend continues mages and hunters need a significant buff and once again ret probably needs a nerf.
    It is a valid point.

Deleted
    I can't say that we got nerfed.. im doin about 1k-1.5k more dps than i did pre 4.0.1 and im loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by vladdraculea View Post
    aspect of the fox does nothing for pve dps unless its a heavy movement fight.
    I've seen a lot of movement in beta raids. I'm really not sure where you got the idea this element of the skill is useless. It's just difficult to model.
    "Well, Qbn, your statements don't really say much, and they are pretty confusing..."