PC Build for WoW

I'll give this an edit to get more to the point. My budget is $635 to $670, give or take. I will use this computer for browsing the web and playing World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. I would like to have a Desktop PC capable of running WoW at High or slightly lower settings. I can live without Ultra settings. I am currently only able to run at slightly above minimum settings on my Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop. I can likely gain my father's assistance in building a PC, so if you can recommend affordable performance parts that would be terrific. I need a Monitor and Keyboard, and a set of Speakers. I don't need high quality on any of them, so long as they will function for over a year or two with decent quality. My current resolution is 1280 x 800 (Widescreen). I can't modify the graphics card in this laptop, so I need your expert assistance in building one good enough for Cataclysm.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by MyLifeIsRandom; 2010-10-28 at 11:01 AM.

This is very nice generic bundle (everything except monitor) - it's fairly well balanced low budget setup. Big weakness is that it doesn't have any single component that you can upgrade for performance boost, everything is equally low budget/performance.

Another option would be this bundle. It has better CPU which makes games faster on lower video settings, but crappier video card than the first option. Good thing is that you can swap the video card later for more gaming performance easily.

On the first computer you can turn video options higher, but the second one will lag less in 25-man raids. With new graphics card the second one will be pretty good gaming computer for several years ahead and would be my recommendation if you think you can afford new graphics card soon-ish.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2010-10-28 at 11:16 AM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I'll likely go with the first option. I'm not that big a PC gamer, and World of Warcraft is all that I play on my computer. My plan is to Ebay this laptop for around $500+, my Hack-able and Homebrew capable PSP for $100+ and possibly my Xbox360 I rarely play with multiple games for $120+. I've no source of income right now, as I've been unable to find employment even after asking over 120 businesses in person, so my budget is very restrictive. Is there any chance you know of a magical bargain site for Monitors? I don't even need a 19" to be honest. I've only looked at Newegg, Walmart, Bestbuy and ibuypower Monitors.