Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    blizzard in fact did say that their wont be any attunements on release.

they specifically worded it like that, so, its a possibility their will be attunements of some kind later.
    To break it down even an even lower level, if The Rock looks at his hand, looks back at you, looks at his hand, and looks back at you again and you still don't know to move, you deserve the smack down.-mmo champion forum poster

Just no. Attunements sucked. When WoW lost attunements, the quality of WoW vastly improved.

Having to waste an entire raid week to catch the new player up through all the attunements would suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh View Post
    Still, wouldnt it be fun if you at least need a key to enter the instance.
    Could say doing naxx to be able to summon malygos was kind of an attunement
    This type of "attunement" is fine. It's a once and done thing. As long as you have a member with the key, you're set for the rest of the game. This is how it should be. Having to go back and catch one person up through everything would just suck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy181 View Post
    Just no. Attunements sucked. When WoW lost attunements, the quality of WoW vastly improved.

Having to waste an entire raid week to catch the new player up through all the attunements would suck.

This type of "attunement" is fine. It's a once and done thing. As long as you have a member with the key, you're set for the rest of the game. This is how it should be. Having to go back and catch one person up through everything would just suck.
    Not all of them sucked, BWL, Onyx and kara attunes were fun but i see it can be an overkill for doing them on multiple characters, raid attunes like those from TBC (SSC,TK) wont be coming back either, so its possible one person with a key type or none at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    They could add an attunement for the currently highest tier and when a higher tier comes they remove the previous attunement and add one to the new high tier ;P

Deleted
    They should defo bring back some form of attunements imo... like alot of people here have said, some vanilla en Kara attunements were pretty easy and alot of fun to do.

I think the current problem is that people jump straight into ICC after having farmed hc's for emblems(better said: points) so they get current tier gear. All previous content is totally wasted labor on Blizz's part as far as I'm concerned. Now I know the hassle with having to gear up players back in TBC. It wasn't fun (understatement of the year) to have to run Kara for a new recruit while progression raid was BT. The thing that really made it a pain in the arse was having to run the previous tier raids often to actually gear the player and get him/her on par with the others.

Blizz has stated that normal modes should be pugable, atleast, I think they said something along those lines. So with that knowledge in mind, lets make everyone complete every raid before they can do the next tier. Now the biggest change: after they complete a tier raid, make that tier gear available for the player so they can gear faster. The older tier's gear should be lots cheaper then the current tier though, else it will still be a pain in the ass. This would accomplish exactly what Blizz wants: everyone (hardcore/casual/slackers like myself) can enjoy all content. They can even give bigger discounts on purchasing gear depending on the tier the guild is at. Yes, this favors people in guilds, but then again, guilds are in theory open to everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Druron View Post
    Now I know the hassle with having to gear up players back in TBC. It wasn't fun (understatement of the year) to have to run Kara for a new recruit while progression raid was BT. The thing that really made it a pain in the arse was having to run the previous tier raids often to actually gear the player and get him/her on par with the others.
    Those days we recruited only our level people and never had a problem of that type. That's the point in recruiting newbie anyway or gear alt? Alts useless, newbies sucks or leave. Better to motivate your people to be active and love the raids.

It's all about raid leader and raid policy to gear up new people or not. In TBC I knew that person with full t6 is good and knows how to play (or he has a lot of $ to buy stuff). But in TotLK every second player had t10 and it sucked to inspect him and determine if he's worth of joining.
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

Deleted
    I hope that they stick to the design of implementing new 5 man dungeons every major patch. That way they can add more kara attunements. Yes, I know that would be to easy, but running new recruits through all the raid content that isn't worth doing anymore can be a pain. This way they still add some kind of feeling that you have to do something to get into a raid, not just walk right in, kill the boss and take the loot.

edit: heroics are harder in cataclysm, so might provide some challange for heroics added in certain patches.

Personally, I think it'd be a good idea to implement an optional attunement quest chain.
    Like, an NPC with a pair of quests; one simply hands you the key/aligns your aura whatever, you can get in, beofwithyou! The other has a chain of tasks, instance runs etc, but rewards you with an item/recipe/pet/title etc. as well as then handing you the key/aligning your aura (you can get in, beofwithyou!).

If you want to get into the new raid, speak the the NPC, done.
    If you want to get in, but fancy some fun doing so, and maybe an item or two that gives you an advantage in the new raid (like the recipe is for "spicy-mcguffin-bread of arcane resistance" that gives a situational buff only usable in that raid, like the feasts but with additional magic resistance tailored to the raid) you have the option of taking the longer chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Retributed View Post
    They want everyone to experience the content they release. This includes making all raids freely accessible for the casuals who might be months behind on seeing fights like Cho'gall n such compared to top raiding guilds.

Personally I would love seeing attunements brought back. I found it a great idea that you had a story to go along with gaining access to Karazhan, SSC/TK, BT/Hyjal. There was a sense of accomplishment to know, "hey, I worked to get up to this point.".
    You would still be able to see the content. You just have to run through all the old content first. It's not exactly hard to do

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by valiorik View Post
    Those days we recruited only our level people and never had a problem of that type. That's the point in recruiting newbie anyway or gear alt? Alts useless, newbies sucks or leave. Better to motivate your people to be active and love the raids.

It's all about raid leader and raid policy to gear up new people or not. In TBC I knew that person with full t6 is good and knows how to play (or he has a lot of $ to buy stuff). But in TotLK every second player had t10 and it sucked to inspect him and determine if he's worth of joining.
    Aye, but on a low pop server (SSL), it was sometimes hard to find people that were up to that gear level as not many guild were advancing beyond Kara so we had to bring people in under our own tiers.

As far as the gear showing the skill: in TBC that was the case for about 95% and I too would love to see that come back. Not to feel special or whatever weird reason others can think up, but just to get that satisfaction of having worked hard for something. And due to the way you had to progress through the raids, you were also thrilled to enter the raids for the first couple of times as you had worked hard to earn the right to enter them.

Deleted
    There are a couple of good suggestions regarding attunment.
    /agree gearing alts rerunning old contents a pain, but oh well.
    /agree some of the attunements where bad from what I have read.
    /agree you shouldnt ding 80 farm HC's over the weekend and expect to walk in to ICC.

The 2 good ideas are 1)the boss key drop. 2) The npc small questline / skip quest i just want in.

personally i like the Key drop. 1) With the guild awareness thats implumented make the key BoG if requuired numbers. 2) If its a pug the system would know and make the key a personal drop. The key should only drop from 1 of the latter bosses that cant be skipped too. Personally I feel the last boss should drop it, although naxx its Saph. Also this could possibly drop your HC key aswell.

with the Npc idea, why not make the just give me the key option only avaliable after the final boss has been killed on the relm.
    Therefore all can do the attunement while its current and recive some sort of bonus as suggested but not removed when boss has been downed,so reward hunters can do the chain on all chars, and alts easily gear after its been done?

I personally feel blizz can implement some system to ensure all get to see all content. There should be no more im 80 i should be in icc.

i support the idea of "solo attunements". do you want to enter some raid? go and do the chain quest, entirely in solo. if you want, you can do it in groups, but solo will just be fine aswell. at the end, you get the key/item/whatever to enter the raid.

next patch? old attunement removed (wtf if i did it when it has come out first why i should even care about old content) and a brand new chain for the new raid.

this solves both the problem of people "deserving" - bad word - the raid (at least you care about raiding) and the problem of late starters (who will have full access to old content and only a fast chain to be elegible to new one).

edit: also, nothing like bonuses to who has done it before, nothing like more drops, nothing at all. you do attunement of current content only. wanna brag around about it? link the key/item/whatever you have gotten before it was removed so you can satisfy your epeen.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2010-11-05 at 11:25 AM.