Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Killing me softly

Has anyone tested the dps using MM hunter with hyena for the bleed debuff combo? If so how does it compare with other pets? can anyone test what are the outcomes of using MM with each of the below pets:

a) Hyena -bleed damage increase bebuff
    b) Cat- Agility buff
    c) Raptor-lower armor debuff
    d) Wolf - crit buff
    e) Ravager - damage increase
    f) windserpent/dragonhawk - sp damage increase just to compare if we are gimping ourselves mm with this pet
    g) carrion bird - lower enemies' dps, just to see how much we lost in dps.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    You bastard! Now I have the "Killing me Softly" song stuck in my head! Grr

Also, why would you do that? ^^ There's enough people with that debuff already

Quote Originally Posted by Fujiama View Post
    This... =(
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen321 View Post
    Tirion has joined the guild
    [Guild][Tirion]: /brofist
    [Guild][Bolvar]: /brofist
    Tirion has left the guild
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximen View Post
    Warriors will dead...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujiama View Post

Also, why would you do that? ^^ There's enough people with that debuff already
    well I was thinking for some what ever reason i am grouped in a pug or raid that doesn't have that debuff or sometimes there are druids that doesn't want to mangle as they claim as loss of their personal dps, should I bring hyena.?

10+ Year Old Account
    If I recall correctly, mangle increases their shred damage by 30%, I'm not sure why a feral druid wouldn't be mangling, even if just 1/minute to keep the debuff up.
    When in doubt, assume you rolled a natural 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    feral druid tanks are pretty comon now a days and 1 mangle is not ganna bring their DPS down by 1k and if they don't use it , its a DPS lose so i'd say just stick with wolf and for solo'ing , you ganna down the mobs in like a few seconds so piercing shots or w/e is not going to tick more then once
    Quote Originally Posted by msully View Post
    The writing around him tells us he's a great warchief, but his actions don't match it.

For example, on the blimp ride to Twilight Highlands, he sends his air defenses after the Alliance, leaving the blimps open to attach by Twilight Dragons.

Unfortunately, he survived.

I thought this thread was about the song lame

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YAEWrnOtrY

WITH HIIIIS SOOOOONG

this tune is now in my head for at least a week, thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulJnr View Post
    feral druid tanks are pretty comon now a days and 1 mangle is not ganna bring their DPS down by 1k and if they don't use it , its a DPS lose so i'd say just stick with wolf and for solo'ing , you ganna down the mobs in like a few seconds so piercing shots or w/e is not going to tick more then once
    Aw I really love hyena and boars, I just wanted a strong reason to bring it to raid than just because it look cool.

anyway can anyone test the dps outcome of using MM with these pets like in the op?
    a) Hyena -bleed damage increase bebuff
    b) Cat- Agility buff
    c) Raptor-lower armor debuff
    d) Wolf - crit buff
    e) Ravager - damage increase
    f) windserpent/dragonhawk - sp damage increase just to compare if we are gimping ourselves mm with this pet
    g) carrion bird - lower enemies' dps, just to see how much we lost in dps.

I read someone did test some pets with surv and it turns out cats are the best followed by windserpent so I was wondering what pets best for mm too.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 2010-10-28 at 11:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it really matter? bring what pet your raid needs and then bring whats gonna max ur deeps. Raid DPS > Personal DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

Deleted
    This debuff is actually not that common. I rarely see Arms Warrior or Feral druids. Also a question: does Cat and Bear druids have this debuff?

I'll use a hyena almoust every raid, cuz every other buff/debuff is already taken by someone.

Damage wise, when soloing, a hyena is probably behind cats, wolfs and raptors and ravangers. Bleed damage only accounts for about 10 - 15% of you dps.

@SoulJnr: why a wolf again? 5% crit buff is even more common then the bleed debuff.

Iv got the "About a boy" version stuck in my head now

About a boy is awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have just been running with a raptor for most, but I might pick up a hyena soon.

I go raptor, seems to be one of the more exclusive debuffs and it's quite a nice dps increase as auto/steady/aimed are all physical.

Deleted
    Have they fixed the raptor debuff stacking problem yet?

Also this debuff is not rare, warriors, rogues and druids bring that debuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Limpy View Post

Indeed, it's exactly equal to a Sunder. I have seen the stacking problem as recently as this morning on HH.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Quote Originally Posted by Limpy View Post

Didn't say it was rare, said it was more exclusive, at least with the groups I go into we either never have a source for sunder or dps warriors won't put it on.

In my 25s I am usually rolling with the Ravager for the increased physical damage. Warriors are Prot and Fury, DKs are unholy and our combat Rogue doesn't like to show up to raids...weird I know.

It seems the raptor armor debuff, cat agi buff, and ravager phys dmg debuff give the biggest boost to DPS, based solely on math of hypothetical numbers. Anyone do an actual test to see the largest DPS increase? I let my subscription run out =/