Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Trap macro's work, you just have to hit them twice

also, I cannot tell you how win trap launcher is for Heroic LK, phase 3 spirit soaking.

In PvE and PvP situations both, I find it useful to use trap launcher ahead of time. Since it lasts for 15 seconds. For example when I know that Deathbringer Saurfang adds will spawn in less than 15 seconds I use trap launcher and continue my rotation. Before the beasts spawn, trap lauched. In PvP TL > Scatter > then trap.

Not the best solution but seems to be working fine to me.

I agree, i think blizzard should make all the spells shootable ie, Explosive launcher, frost launcher, ice launcher, snake launcher, and immolation launcher. This would reduce the way that we lose time pressing 2 buttons.

yes its not that trap macros are broke its that they are now a cast seq macro now instead of a one hit wonder. basically you can think of it like this

ok i wanna use a trap
    pulls launcher out of pocket
    loads trap into launcher
    fire!!!
    its now a series of events that has to launch it not just a single movement like it was before with freezing trap throw

Deleted
    in other words ... its to much of a hassle compared to other classes aoe spells ..... thats what this threas is all about at its core ..

prob was just implemented to not make us feel like we where completely robbed of a pure aoe spell ..

althrough on paper it sounded cool .. for 95% of us this game has become all about speed and precision .. wich the trap louncher is not :P

Code:
    /use Trap Launcher
    /use Freezing Trap
    The reason that this macro does not work is a bug in Blizzard side. I explained it a bit more detailed here.

Was thinking we could use it like warlocks summon circle.

We place the summon/launch target circle somewhere.. When we press our traps they get launched at the circle location.

If there is no circle it gets placed underneath us.

Quote Originally Posted by kwekee View Post
    Was thinking we could use it like warlocks summon circle.

We place the summon/launch target circle somewhere.. When we press our traps they get launched at the circle location.

If there is no circle it gets placed underneath us.
    I love that idea, click trap launcher, target, target stays on the ground for 15 seconds or until you hit trap button....oh, the joy.... or they could just make macros work.....w/e.

the problem is simply that the functionality is kinda clunky.

to make us of the trap launcher at it`s best, you would need to have a key to macro to shoot a trap at the mouse location

but thats stupid and unneeded, the big problem is that, while we are aiming with the trap launcher thing, we can't: use skills, use other traps, use the mouse in many ways, and if space cancels it, we cant jump either.

so if you use trap launcher, you better be able to have lightning speed judging(where to shoot the trap), aiming and clicking skills, or youl waste your 1sec GCD, lowering your dps, since the game is much faster paced for hunters now, we dont have time for such silly things as aiming(dont stop clicking/pressing or youl lose part of a GCD each time)

maybe make another spell that come at the same time as trap launcher and call it trap shooter, which makes the trap instantly hit your target, so you can choose to place the trap manualy or have it shoot at your target, and for those QQing about our high ammount of buttons, this would only be one extra button, easily made into a macro for shift=launch nothing=shoot. both skills would share cd o/c, w/e it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    nice to hear i'm not the only one thinking it's clunky.

the 1 sec sever lag/human error lag is huge in pvp, unfortunately the only fix i can see is a full set of "arrow" spells like freezing arrow used to be.

on a side note, i've never had problems with a trap launcher and freezing trap macro but for some very strange reason i've had issues with a snake trap macro. no syntax error, it just wouldn't work. based on what i've heard from others it appears it's totally random what works and what doesn't which is odd to say the least.
    You know you play too much when your girlfriend's pants have a low drop rate.