Response to Negative Comments

The guy that I work with is constantly giving me a ration of shiz because I play a death knight.
    I don't care that the guy does it, but he has no basis for his comments, it's just "Death Knights are so fail, so you're fail."
    I am more or less looking for a way to respond to this, to kind of put him in his place.
    Flame if you must, just looking for a little advice I guess

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    The lack of rage on my Warrior is something of a paradox. Because everytime I hear, "Need more rage!" I get angrier and angrier, yet my rage bar doesn't fill up any faster.

Can't you just be a bigger person and not let it get to you? Try saying "its a fun class and I really enjoy it. you should try it some time." No one ever wins at talking smack, you just sound silly and end up saying things like "you're fail".

Why did you pick a lock if you have no clue how to play a rogue? oh wait
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Deleted
    That's called "good natured fun". You should get used to it.

"Well you play a <insert his class>, so you're a scrub." Ahh, coworkers.

Deleted
    Death knight = Druid now a days? O.o (points at Sig) you're sure taking two massive extremes aren't you? Death Knight and Resto Druid are quite a whole different thing, however, back to the point, well, erh, if he plays Pala say he fails for picking a class purely because it's faceroll (look at the amount of Paladins that flooded in once they were officialy OP) or be the bigger person in this and just ignore it

but if you realy want stuff to put him in his place I suppose the usual ''you're a prejudged A-hole that apparantly can't look further then the outside rather then trying yourself'' or something along those lines, not in the hostile mood ATM so can't think up anything effective :S

so at the moment I'd say, be the bigger person and just ignore it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alone on the mountainside, breathing the clearest winds...
    What does he play? 100% percent sure that you could come up with some reason he fails based on any class. Fun to generalize, isn't it!

One other thing that might help, if the DK is your only 80, get another toon there. The hater-aid is usually lessened when the DK is an "alt".

EDIT; lawl, just saw the sig... its really early here still. Same basic idea though, pretend the druid is your main if it bugs you. Failing that, challenge him to a duel, nothing makes someone shut up like a beat-down
    Last edited by Stormgard88; 2010-10-28 at 02:27 PM.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Offer to buy him ice cream on your lunch break. Here's why:

-Everyone likes ice cream, and he'll have to say yes. Once you've bought his ice cream and he's had a taste quickly RIP IT FROM HIS HANDS and say "There, I just death gripped your ice cream."
    -Hold his delicious treat hostage until he apologizes. Once he says he's sorry, throw the ice cream back at him.

If that doesn't teach him a lesson you could try being the bigger person, or of course popping your Army of the Dead, blowing all your CDs and face rolling him IRL.

Syonxwf, what class does he play?

(edit) And don't "be the bigger person" That crap is for druids. You need to stand up to this clown and make him realize the error of his ways. This is normally best resolved in Fisticuffs, and as a member of the DK community I'm confident you will be victorious in that regards.
    Last edited by kumduh; 2010-10-28 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan View Post
    Death knight = Druid now a days? O.o (points at Sig) you're sure taking two massive extremes aren't you? Death Knight and Resto Druid are quite a whole different thing, however, back to the point, well, erh, if he plays Pala say he fails for picking a class purely because it's faceroll (look at the amount of Paladins that flooded in once they were officialy OP) or be the bigger person in this and just ignore it

but if you realy want stuff to put him in his place I suppose the usual ''you're a prejudged A-hole that apparantly can't look further then the outside rather then trying yourself'' or something along those lines, not in the hostile mood ATM so can't think up anything effective :S

so at the moment I'd say, be the bigger person and just ignore it.
    yeah...I will pry just ignore him and tell him he's retarded. He did play a paladin I believe...so maybe I should give him a hard time for that.

I take many extremes though, I have an 80 DK, 80 Druid, 80 Priest, 80 Rogue, 80 Shaman, 80 Warlock, so only having a DK is definitely not my problem lol...although playing too much maybe...

---------- Post added 2010-10-28 at 02:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zuldain View Post

-Everyone likes ice cream, and he'll have to say yes. Once you've bought his ice cream and he's had a taste quickly RIP IT FROM HIS HANDS and say "There, I just death gripped your ice cream."
    -Hold his delicious treat hostage until he apologizes. Once he says he's sorry, throw the ice cream back at him.

If that doesn't teach him a lesson you could try being the bigger person, or of course popping your Army of the Dead, blowing all your CDs and face rolling him IRL.
    I literally lol'd at work, you sir are my hero

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    The lack of rage on my Warrior is something of a paradox. Because everytime I hear, "Need more rage!" I get angrier and angrier, yet my rage bar doesn't fill up any faster.

15+ Year Old Account

Post of the day, well done sir.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

The answer is quite simple. Tell him to go f**k himself.

Well played, sir. +1 internets.

OT: Personally I would bash him a bit for playing whatever class he plays. I'd like to think I would "be the bigger person" about it but that never really works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    The answer is quite simple. Tell him to go f**k himself.
    This, minus the censorship because who fucking cares.

@OP

I'd completely avoid even speaking to anyone who actually used the world fail as a noun in real life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn View Post
    This, minus the censorship because who fucking cares.

@OP

I'd completely avoid even speaking to anyone who actually used the world fail as a noun in real life.
    Some moderators might want to keep the language nice and all because there are people under an appropriate age watching these forums.

Not telling you NOT to curse, just saying that you MIGHT get reprimanded for it. And censoring a curseword out still gets the message out there, without actually suffering from the consequences.

In short, there's nothing bad about censoring your words

Unless of course, you were talking about censoring yourself in real life, at which I'd say... who'd do that? :S

Deleted
    I have a DK, it was my first 80 in Wrath (abandoned shortly after Naxx and is now a farming char) but i hate playing the class, i just dont find it fun or interesting. But i know some fantastic DKs and i've alot of respect for how well they play the class and that they enjoy playinng the class.

A skilled DK is one of the best classes you can bring to a raid and i'm sure i'm not alone in that POV as most of the most successful guilds have a few DKs in their roster.

So my advice to you is ignore the blind haters because someone who thinks "DKs are a fail class" has no idea what they're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Some moderators might want to keep the language nice and all because there are people under an appropriate age watching these forums.

Not telling you NOT to curse, just saying that you MIGHT get reprimanded for it. And censoring a curseword out still gets the message out there, without actually suffering from the consequences.

In short, there's nothing bad about censoring your words

Unless of course, you were talking about censoring yourself in real life, at which I'd say... who'd do that? :S
    To end this de-rail: I'm of the opinion that if there is no language filter, or an optional language filter, it's not my problem, and I'll use foul language in context whenever I please.

This is an age old problem that started with College Football. Try to tell a UW Husky not to tease or bash an Oregon Duck...or vice versa. Just know that its in good fun and learn to give it right back. Now if he's psycho and really wants to harm you in some way there is always 911.