Thread: Few Questions

Few Questions

Hey, I am a new priest (64 currently via dungeon grind, started the priest when 4.01 came out) and have some questions.

1. Has there ever been talk of having a critical shield effect. It seems everything can crit these days, direct physical damage, direct magic damage, Direct Healing, HoT's, DoT's, Bleeds, etc. Everything seems to be able to crit.... except shields. the point of a critical anything is that it makes it more effective at doing its job, so has there ever been talk of giving priests a chance equal to their critical strike chance to make their Power Word: Shield 1.5x effective?

2. I've been levelling with a tank, and so together we have learned to go quite quickly, however I like to hit my archangel after fights, to keep my mana up, and it seems that every time I hit it, a bunch of mobs change target at me. Is it intended for a spell that has no direct damage or heal effect on the mob or the player the mob is targetting to make a mob gain aggro onto you?

3. Does Atonement critical heals cause Divine Aegis to proc?

4.a. Does Divine Aegis "stack" its Shield? If you have a 2k aegis on a target, then it gets another 2k before its used up, will it be 4k, or be overwritten and remain 2k?

4.b. If it does get overwritten, Is it only a larger Aegis shield that would overwrite a lesser one?

5. What is the order of priority mechanic wise of the Divine Aegis shield, Power Word:Shield and Power Word: Barrier (which gets fully absorbed first?)

6. With Pain Suppression, does it cut the % of unmitigated damage (before armor/block) How does it work with shields? If say a mob does 10k damage, and you have an 8k shield, will the PS take 4k off the hit, and so the attack hits the shield for 6k? or would it hit for 10k, get rid of the shield then hit you for 1.2k (60% of 2k remaining damage Pain Suppressed)

LOL, i only planned like 2 questions when I started this thread, then the others kept coming. I really appreciate the help in these answers. Feel free to answer how ever many you like, but please quote the number of the question so I can see which your answering.

Also, is there a decent Disc Priest guide out for 4.01? I didnt notice one in the priest forum stickies, only "state of disc" but not a guide.

thanks!
    Last edited by Boomkindance; 2010-10-28 at 02:20 PM.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lethon&n=Boomkindance

15+ Year Old Account
    aegis will stack to a total of ... something like 125 * your level? iirc the cap at 80 is 10k. so if you get a 2k divine aegies, he gets hit for 1k and has 1k left, and you get another aegis for 2k his shield will be at 3k, so it is just additive to whatever is left on the current one up to a certain amount
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

cool, thanks for that, Demon.

So that answers 4a and 4b, can someone please help me with the other questions?

thanks

2. Any spell causes some form of threat. On my lock I dropped my teleport down as the tank body pulled Sindragosa and she proceeded to run me down and insta kill me. Though it shouldn't happen because even a simple swipe or thunderclap will greatly exceed the threat of those spells, it does occasionally happen if the tank has 0 threat on a mob. Just be ready to fade and you should be good.

3. Yes, atonement crits do proc divine ageis.
    What do you think about the season 7 shaman set?
    It looks like what would happen if one of those big rock giants from Outlands mated with Spiderman.

-monkeysnarf

1. I don't ever remember there being talk of critical shields though if you are using the Glyph of PW:S the heal there can crit and will proc DA as well.

I believe the reason shields don't crit is because of their function. Absorbs and heals aren't the same thing, and their mechanics differ. I feel like shields are more neutral (affected by fewer things) than heals (e.g. A heal can crit, but it can also be affected by mortal strike. A shield is affected by neither).

Don't quote me on this, but I think P.S. reduces damage AFTER armor and stuff. It behaves with shields as well (your shield will benefit from the mitigation).

thanks for the responses guys.

Looks like the only one I am wondering about is which gets used 1'st 2'nd and 3'rd between Divine Aegis, PW: Shield and PW: Barrier.