Deciding what to choose for Cata

Hey everyone,

My Warrior is currently JC/Mining and I'd really like to drop Mining for Engi. I'm unsure though because wouldn't leveling JC and Engi without a mining profession be very difficult in cata? I have about 15k gold to use to level it, really cant decide. What's your opinion?

Edit: Considering leveling JC/Mining and selling gems/extra ore. (the new "titansteel" bar $$) Stockpile some gold and THEN level engi. Perhaps.
    Last edited by r0bbi3; 2010-10-28 at 02:43 PM.

- Create a alt dk (because they start at lvl 50, and you get to 60 pretty fast, just doing their quests)
    - give him mining and herbalism
    - power level him to lvl 70 (you have until 7th december to do that, should be pretty easy) and while you do that collect as many materials as you can.
    - When you buy cataclysm, use all the mats you have collected o your dk alt to lvl enginniering to 455, then sell what you didn't use at the AH WITH ABUSIVE PRICES!!!! (There will be plenty of worgens, goblins, dwarven shamans and tauren paladins alts to buy your stuff. And they won't care about the price)

Seriously, your main character shoudn't have a gathering profession.
    I was to lazy to lvl up an alt, but I made tons of money once I created my DK to collect plants for me - and he isn't even at lvl 80 yet!

Trust me, having an alt-slave that can collect stuff for your main will serve you well for all the expansion

Also enginniering is awesome. I cannot immagine life without the parachute cloak or the rocket boots anymore
    Last edited by callango; 2010-10-28 at 07:05 PM.

Thanks, going to do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by callango View Post
    Also enginniering is awesome. I cannot immagine life without the parachute cloak or the rocket boots anymore
    This. Here's to rocket-booting off a high spot/drop, then chuting. Wee!

Since you're already a Miner right now, it's just a question of whether to switch now or wait. Why would you want Eng as your 2nd prof instead of Mining specifically for the 80-85 leveling process? Seems to me being able to take advantage of nodes you come across while leveling would be worth more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sounder View Post
    Since you're already a Miner right now, it's just a question of whether to switch now or wait. Why would you want Eng as your 2nd prof instead of Mining specifically for the 80-85 leveling process? Seems to me being able to take advantage of nodes you come across while leveling would be worth more.
    good point. I figured I'd use most of em for JC anyways and would still have to spend a lot of gold on the ah anyways, but less. would be a good idea