Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Grid and Clique. With Clique allowing me to bind heals directly to my mouse it means I can shift out and start healing a lot more easily if needed as Shadow, too, which is handy.
    I do that too (with Clique). Even as dps I watch the health bars and help out if necessary. It's nice to just right-click (or whatever) on someone's portrait, toss out a PW:S and keep fighting without switching targets.

I like the new option to use default raid frames in a 5-man, so I've been using those lately in favor of grid since I do prefer less addons. Might have to play around with mouseover macros--I can see the appeal there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Used to use Healbot, but now I'm using the default raid frames, though I might go back soon because of Healbot's custom debuff tracking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clique only, since the new blizzard raid frames.

As a druid, I use Clique. It just seems silly to use any other method with all of our spells.

Shift + Left Click = Rejuv
    Shift + Right Click = Lifebloom
    Alt + Left Click = Regrowth
    Alt + Right Click = Thorns

I only really use Shift + LC and Alt + RC when specced as Resto. The others are for other specs when I don't have those spells on my bars.
    I find that shift clicking to spam my Rejuvs is better than any other method I have used. I have tried to have Rejuv keybound, but it felt weird.

My bars contain Regrowth, WG, SM, LB, Tranq in that order. I use Decursive for decursing and Cycloning. I use SUF for my Unit Frames.

15+ Year Old Account
    Vuhdu with Clique and mouseover macro keys to cover stuff I don't bind to my mouse.

Just Grid. I tried Clique, but memorizing a bunch of click and key combos is too confusing when I can just use Mouseover macros and keep my normal keybinds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

I dont use any add ons for healing, never have and never will.
    And I still own

10+ Year Old Account
    I started my heal career with Healbot, but then once I got more into addons, I wanted one that was more customizable in size and look. Then I found Vuhdo and fell in love.
    I love the customization, I love the Buff Frame, and uh... I guess thats it. I expected to have 3 when I started that sentence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vele2012 View Post
    I dont use any add ons for healing, never have and never will.
    And I still own
    I'm doing the same as you.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meizor View Post
    true pro healers don't use addons at all for healing.
    What he said, seriously. Especially now with the new standard raid frames.

Elysia's epic sig skillz

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney View Post
    What he said, seriously. Especially now with the new standard raid frames.
    The new raid frames are very nice. but just like a subpar version of grid.
    why would a player as a healer not use addons which they feel improves their ability and gameplay. i doubt many top healers use 0 addons or couldnt play without them, however something that helps you increase your capability is a bad thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowed Unit Frames.

Grid + Clique.

I use grid because I can make it look good, and it makes seeing debuffs/buffs easier. Clique is there for bubbles, dispels, buffing (basically to save keybinding space). All of my heals on are mouse-over macros.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grid. Only grid. I need nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Possiblyreefer View Post
    why would a player as a healer not use addons which they feel improves their ability and gameplay. i doubt many top healers use 0 addons or couldnt play without them, however something that helps you increase your capability is a bad thing?
    I just really don't feel the need for them. I've been healing since vanilla and I've always been on the top five healers in raids. And now with the new raid frames that Blizz came up with, makes it even easier because its a lot less space used on the screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keybind Mouseover macros and was using grid but now use Blizzard Frames. So I would say no addons at all
    Last edited by Shadowviper; 2010-10-28 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Bad Grammar
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

Quote Originally Posted by Vele2012 View Post
    I just really don't feel the need for them. I've been healing since vanilla and I've always been on the top five healers in raids. And now with the new raid frames that Blizz came up with, makes it even easier because its a lot less space used on the screen.
    Grid can be much smaller, and better organized. gives you much more information and feedback and is generally more efficient.
    saying you are in the top 5 is pretty much a moot argument.

Same for DPS, I've never used an add-on to help me dps better. And i always do great.

Grid can be much smaller, and better organized. gives you much more information and feedback and is generally more efficient.
    saying you are in the top 5 is pretty much a moot argument.
    Well, wtv. I'd have to try grid and judge for myself.

used to heal with no addons
    was introduced to healbot in my SSC days
    switched to VuhDo when it 1st came out & I love it. VuhDo allowed me to get rid of a bunch of other addons I had (for buffing/dispelling/ect) Took a little getting used to because it is sooooo customizable, but now it's easy

^^ This.

"True pro healers" choose to use the tools that enable them to do their job most effectively. If you find you are able to maintain awareness of and appropriately respond to any scenario as it arises without add-ons, that's fine, but it doesn't detract from those who find their performance buffed by using them.

For me, I find that so long as the influx of information is controlled and manageable, more information allows me to make better decisions faster. Despite the wonderful improvements in Blizzard's default UF, I find it lacking in certain aspects. So while I can heal effectively with them I am a superior healer by using Grid (and Clique, but that's just preference over mouseover macros) configured to present the information in the way I can assess it fastest.