Poll: The Lich King vs Sarevok

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    The lich king is hurt by a senile old man, and finished off by the ghost of a senile old man. I vote Sarevok.

This just goes to show how popular it is to be "avant-garde" and try to go against the conventional thinking so you can score cool points on the internet in front of others. Arthas would win it, Sar's a pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Sarevok hands down. Sorry Arthas, but you got killed by 24 guys without a 30% buff and you said you were trying hard.
    Well Sarevok got 2 (or was it 3) friends with him and he got owned by 6 newbies. Well one of them was a bhaalspawn too...

Deleted
    I don't know who Sarevok is and im not going to look and find out ;p

But i can alrdy say that he will probably win because Lich King is a damn awful villain had to be said

EDIT: If this was Sarevok vs Deathwing on the other hand...
    Last edited by mmocd5787bf519; 2010-10-28 at 08:18 PM.

Arthas, hands down.

In terms of sheer power, it's Arthas.

He fought (I'm gonna go with 10, because 25 is overkill imo) 10 of the greatest champions of Azeroth, the guys who saved entire races, the guys who single handedly became famous champions of their factions, and destroyed them all once he actually tried, only to have the first innocent life he took (his father) to come back and rend him useless.

He defeated Illidan, he had a massive fortress built with an old god's blood, he even took out his own heart to make him more evil.

You say overkill on the story line, good guy gone bad. But you forget the details of his whole story line.

Arthas in my opinion is the greatest VIDEO GAME villain of ALL time, no story line was as compelling, this guy was the reason for many things you see in game such as the fall of Silvermoon, Blood Elves, Forsaken, hell...

Arthas is THE REASON THE HORDE STANDS TODAY.

Without Arthas tearing apart Lordearon and destroying the Alliance the Allies would have destroyed the horde. Lets not even forget how he gave them numbers with the Forsaken. He's also the reason why the Blood Elves joined the Horde.
    RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

Sarevok? are you kidding? Jon Irenicus could make a competition to Arthas, but not one of the hundreds usual bhaalspanws.
    Aldoraan Ret Pally since 2.4

Outland - love forever

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    Lich king gets pwned by Sarevok's pure awesomeness.

Honestly, the whole LK stuff is stupid, he isnt that good of a villan, there are millions of better ones, cooler ones with better stories ect. The Lich King is such a standard villan, not a lot really special about him if you ask me, heavily armoured, cold hearted, evil, overused story of goodguy driven to evil, big two handed sword, control over army of undead bla bla bla. Its just really standard.

Want a real villan? Sephiroth mo-fu*kas!

A good topic would be; Sephiroth vs every charecter in wows lore at once. Sephiroths harsh frown hits The Lich King for 6 billion, Tirion takes 5 billion splash damage (shock).
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Yes I had to LOL that many times.
    Sephiroth really? Yeah FF7 was cool and all but Sephiroth was pretty lame. BTW Kefka > Every other FF Villain.

But back on topic I would probably have to lean over to Lich King. Don't get me wrong Sarevok was a super mega cool badass and son of a god, but Lich King definitely has more power. Your Character tho near the end of BG2 could probably beat LK

The player could turn to demon to fight him....so yes. Sarevok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by digal View Post
    I don't know who Sarevok is and im not going to look and find out ;p

But i can alrdy say that he will probably win because Lich King is a damn awful villain had to be said

EDIT: If this was Sarevok vs Deathwing on the other hand...
    You shut your whore mouth. Arthas was an amazing villain. Just because you don't fully understand his motives and operations doesn't mean nobody else does.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraven Moorehead View Post
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Yes I had to LOL that many times.
    Sephiroth really? Yeah FF7 was cool and all but Sephiroth was pretty lame. BTW Kefka > Every other FF Villain.

But back on topic I would probably have to lean over to Lich King. Don't get me wrong Sarevok was a super mega cool badass and son of a god, but Lich King definitely has more power. Your Character tho near the end of BG2 could probably beat LK
    /kefka laugh
    WE HEH HE HE HE HE HE HE!
    /fall over
    Dude was hilarious. And scary as shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    You shut your whore mouth. Arthas was an amazing villain. Just because you don't fully understand his motives and operations doesn't mean nobody else does.
    arthas was a copyright of darth vader, now rise...

Definitely Sarevok. Don't forget that he managed to turn almost an entire country against you in his quest to destroy you in every sense of the word. Arthas? He was portrayed rather weakly, constantly fleeing with the tagline "This isn't over!" Sarevok, you didn't even see - though you managed to unravel a number of his plots during the course of the game, the bossman himself stayed out of things until the battle came to him.

Plus, I recently re-conquered Baldur's Gate and found that fight much, much more difficult than Lich King.

Not 100% sure who Sarevok is, so I did a quick google search and found this.

He doesn't look like he's about to lose to random people and an old man.

Deleted
    Baldour's Gate is classical fantasy, WoW is humorous fanatsy - like Discworld. Also, Baldour's Gate was the first game to be released on 5 freaking CDs (that was tremendous back then). Sarevok.

Deleted
    I think people are totally underselling how great Arthas really was, im talking about Arthas/Lich King as a whole. Not just his cheap cartoon villain appearance in the lich king (it really was just like dr claw). You can try the "but he was killed by 10 randoms blah blah", if you really want to go down that road, Saverok was killed by 5/6 level 6 characters (was it level 6? was bloody ages ago).

Im going to agree with a couple of others in this thread, Arthas easily. As great a villain as Saverok was for a game, in the grand scheme of things he was just an undertrained bhaalspawn. Now... Jon Irenicus, that's a little more like it...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiusaaja View Post
    Sarevok would pwn, but Irenicus would beat the shit out of Sarevok with a blink of his eye. Irenicus is the best villain in gameing history.
    Harbinger would like to have a word with you. A machine that controls a whole race is pretty damn badass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baever View Post
    Heroic modes =/= additional bosses. It's the same encounter, but cannot be steamrolled by an inbred Texan with same IQ as a roll of toilet paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    And, more, I'm fairly certain there are several homosexual characters in the game - they don't need to have <Gay> under their name to make it so.
    I'm that guy who enjoys sitting their 6'5" frame in front of little kids in movie theaters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taran111 View Post
    Harbinger would like to have a word with you. A machine that controls a whole race is pretty damn badass.
    Not to mention the millions of Reapers behind him! Can't wait for ME3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Sarevok wins just for that awesome voice.

He's like an evil Morgan Freeman.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Michael_Richardson

He voiced A LOT of other things. His voice is quite present in a lot of cartoons and games, mostly.

---------- Post added 2010-10-29 at 08:34 AM ----------

I'm guessing the kids will vote Lich King and the true old schoolers will vote Sarevok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Michael_Richardson

---------- Post added 2010-10-29 at 08:34 AM ----------

[/COLOR]I'm guessing the kids will vote Lich King and the true old schoolers will vote Sarevok.
    And why can't old schoolers vote Lich King? Because its not cool?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    I'm guessing the kids will vote Lich King and the true old schoolers will vote Sarevok.
    Wrong