Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    the only level realm firsts blizzard added are 1-85 worgen/goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Loot Ore Cartel View Post
    So people just like more/prettier pixels ?
    They care enough about their character to feel a benefit from a race change but not actually knowing anything about their character ? in an MMO->RPG<-
    WoW is very light oh the RPG, and very few (comparatively) play this game to LOLRP. If you do, that's perfectly fine. You go right ahead and roll classes you already have leveled just to see the first 20 levels. I'll go ahead and keep my character.

Here's a hint: The entire point of this game is to collect prettier and more powerful pixels. What you do in the Goldshire Inn is your business, and all the people within /say earshot.

You didn't answer the question about simply leveling a new toon btw.
    Because I thought I made it pretty clear that there's a significant portion of people who don't want to do that.

There is in my opinion, they are the new races, if they enable it from the start everybody will be a worgen or a goblin, that doesn't sound very fun to me, people should also play the new content for the new races before they are allowed to roll one, otherwise you're just buying a new dress up doll really.
    I bolded the emphasized parts, here. This is an opinion thing. In my opinion, if I want to throw $25 at Blizzard to save myself a shitload of time and effort for having a dwarf mage, by god I'm going to. I've been playing for 6 years, I have 9 level 80's. I really don't want to do all of that again for a class I already have.

Sure hope to be a lvl 82 gob dk by 5am 7/12
    Resistance Is Futile

Quote Originally Posted by flargen View Post
    WoW is very light oh the RPG, and very few (comparatively) play this game to LOLRP. If you do, that's perfectly fine. You go right ahead and roll classes you already have leveled just to see the first 20 levels. I'll go ahead and keep my character.

Here's a hint: The entire point of this game is to collect prettier and more powerful pixels. What you do in the Goldshire Inn is your business, and all the people within /say earshot.
    I dont even 'LOLRP' i do care about the story progression though and if you want to belittle me for that then i'd suggest going to a real costume shop or buying the latest barby doll with dozens of 'epic' dresses so you can experience what you enjoy about this game to an even greater extent.

Because I thought I made it pretty clear that there's a significant portion of people who don't want to do that.
    That much was clear, why they don't, was not.
    Why play something if you really don't like a big part of it ?

I bolded the emphasized parts, here. This is an opinion thing. In my opinion, if I want to throw $25 at Blizzard to save myself a shitload of time and effort for having a dwarf mage, by god I'm going to. I've been playing for 6 years, I have 9 level 80's. I really don't want to do all of that again for a class I already have.
    I put that in deliberately because i realize it is somewhat subjective, i understand you don't want to level another character, particularly of the same class, but don't you understand why people who do want to level a new character with a new race kind of feel cheated when they see a lvl 80+ goblin/worgen standing there in the capital when they arrive for the first time with their lvl 10 ?

Hell if we are going down that route we might as well start selling epic swords and gear, it has the same kind of objections so hell why not. If i want to throw €25 at blizzard to save myself a shitload of time and effort for having the latest epic 2h sword, by god why not ?

Deleted
    To go OT:
    patch 4.0.3a

Deleted
    So people just like more/prettier pixels ?
    They care enough about their character to feel a benefit from a race change but not actually knowing anything about their character ? in an MMO->RPG<-
    You didn't answer the question about simply leveling a new toon btw.

There is in my opinion, they are the new races, if they enable it from the start everybody will be a worgen or a goblin, that doesn't sound very fun to me, people should also play the new content for the new races before they are allowed to roll one, otherwise you're just buying a new dress up doll really.
    So it's right to want to know lore but wrong to want your character to be customized as you want it to? I see, alot of sence right there. Kids like you are hillarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthets View Post
    So it's right to want to know lore but wrong to want your character to be customized as you want it to? I see, alot of sence right there. Kids like you are hillarious.
    I never said that, hell i even said it was subjective, learn to read kid and either reply with counter arguments or not at all.

i only rolled belf pally because it was the only choice (i wont be caught dead on alliance) so as soon as taurens can be pallys im changing

some people are picky about races, like me. For example, I hate droopy shield. Some races let their shield sag down their back too far and it looks silly. Humans, orc female, dorf male, etc. also, forsaken female and night elf male try to touch their butt to the ground when they melee. looks ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the instant I can race change my NE Druid to a Worgen I'm doing it, even if it cost double the normal rate. I couldn't care less about the "new leveling experience" or the Worgen starting story and backgroud.

Quote Originally Posted by Devia View Post
    Is there a blue post confirming immediate race changes for old races?
    Doubt it, I think most people are hoping for this but will be disappointed when you cannot.

what's about the faction change gold limit? the need to change the 20k limit, it's a joke. a can't leave 310k on alliance-side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then why not just go and level a new one with the new race so you actually get to connect with your new background story and heritage and actually see the new content while your at it ? And if you absolutely don't want to level up the same class again why would it be such a big deal to wait a month before being able to race change like it was in TBC ?
    Because sitting on several rare / soon to be obtainable items and mounts, more than 10k achivement points. Only two reasons killing my intresst in leveling or rerolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Shireshireshireton, shireville, the shire
    It will be available once the realm first has been cleared for that particular class/race combo. I heard it from a Blizzard Employee myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by perix View Post
    there are people that think war is like cod.
    That covers just about every twelve year old in America.

The part about the realms first achi for worgen and goblin that you have to complete the starter quests to gain realms first is great that means that mah tauren dudu can be worgen at 7th of december at00:01 :P

<--Can't wait for cata! gief naw

You wont beable to race change to the new class combos till a good percentage of the new classes hit 85 (leveling from 1 - 85), Or.. you can do it right away but you cant get realm firsts for troll druid or somthing.

i believe tho when 4.0.3 hits you can level the new class combos from one. Tempted to start my undead hunter then or somthing :P

Deleted
    My Belf Mage can't wait to embrace her inner Orc

Quote Originally Posted by sweepdeepsPL View Post
    It will be available once the realm first has been cleared for that particular class/race combo. I heard it from a Blizzard Employee myself.
    No you didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by NoxSSDK View Post
    You wont beable to race change to the new class combos till a good percentage of the new classes hit 85 (leveling from 1 - 85), Or.. you can do it right away but you cant get realm firsts for troll druid or somthing.
    I repeat:

There are only 2 Realm First 85 [Race] Achievements, namely worgen and goblin. Both of those require their respective starting zone done to be completed.
    Other than that, there is the Realm First 85 Achievement and the 10 Realm First 85 Class Achievement.

Obviously, none of these Realm First Achievements is affected by at all by a racechange.
    Obviously, you can leave out Realm First Achievements in the "when will racechange be available" discussion for new race/class combinations.

New Race/class combos will most likely be available at launch, since 4.0.3 (where they get added) is released before Cataclysm
    Worgen/Goblin may be available at launch, since their realm first achievement is blocked. Else the change will be available when a good number of Worgen hit 85.