Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Hopefully No More Races

Why I don't want new races? Because every time one is introduced, the servers become flooded with them. I resent the number of Blood Elves in the Horde, I thought that they were suppose to be near extinct, guess not... Draenei I actually appreciate because not many people play them.

However, in Cataclysm, everyone is rolling a Worgen or a Goblin, and for the next few years the Race Stats will become extremely unbalanced. On Role Playing realms this won't hit as hard as I can tell that Worgen players aren't going to be as welcome. Horde will mostly be Goblins/Blood Elves, and I'll be forced to transfer my main to Alliance, as I won't be able to stand seeing Goblins and Blood Elves everywhere, I wonder how I lasted the last few years. If Alliance is too flooded with Worgen I might as well transfer off my server and go to a Role Playing one, because at least there are like minded players there...

In all, I really hope we don't get any new races, we have enough, and each new races screws up the balance and I grow to hate this more and more.

Any thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't your first paragraph invalidate itself?

I think it'll be better to wait and see what actually happens before complaining. Yes, there probably will be a huge flood of new goblins and worgen after launch, just like there was a flood of DKs after Wrath's launch. Like DKs, I'm expecting a lot of those people to end up going back to their older characters/races after a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    agreed for a dif reason

less forum qqing about the female of the race being ugly or sexy or a furry

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares.
    Let people play what they want to play without prejudice.
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

10+ Year Old Account
    Not an RPer, but I just don't want new races because each time they make one everyone swarms to them because they're new and have updated models AND their racials are amazing.

Honestly I was hoping in the beginning that it would be horde as they are but instead of Forsaken there were Goblins, and Forsaken would be their own NPC faction playing along behind the scenes.

The latest alliance races don't make sense tbh. Draenei literally came out of nowhere and Worgens too, but apparently nightelves have old furry allies(Pandaren too).

same thing happens with new classes, not just races...

i not think that a good enough reason to stop doing them. and it give blizz a hell lot of money for race changes lol
    no beta

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Elves and Dreanei were super popular in BC mainly because they were the only races in their faction that could be Shaman/Paladin. Other than that, it was because they were new. The number of them died down in a couple of months.

Same will happen with Worgen and Goblin, only a little bit less obviously because they don't have an exclusive class to give to their faction like in BC.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Why I don't want new races? Because every time one is introduced, the servers become flooded with them. I resent the number of Blood Elves in the Horde, I thought that they were suppose to be near extinct, guess not... Draenei I actually appreciate because not many people play them.

However, in Cataclysm, everyone is rolling a Worgen or a Goblin, and for the next few years the Race Stats will become extremely unbalanced. On Role Playing realms this won't hit as hard as I can tell that Worgen players aren't going to be as welcome. Horde will mostly be Goblins/Blood Elves, and I'll be forced to transfer my main to Alliance, as I won't be able to stand seeing Goblins and Blood Elves everywhere, I wonder how I lasted the last few years. If Alliance is too flooded with Worgen I might as well transfer off my server and go to a Role Playing one, because at least there are like minded players there...

In all, I really hope we don't get any new races, we have enough, and each new races screws up the balance and I grow to hate this more and more.

Any thoughts?
    I feel Goblins will be like the Draenei, and the Worgen like blood elves, I do believe everyone who said "I only play a Blood elf because they are the only horde paladins." Won't even race change because they love being a pink elf too much, and since they get warriors, the blood elves will soon make up 75% of the horde instead of 50%, I've roleplaying ally for a while now and avoid most Deathknights, and Paladins, but I feel that it was easy to do, but it won't be easy to escape the worgen curse upon my server of WrA. I was planing on making a non-Worgen Gilnean character (Human but with a Gilnean background) to try Gilneas RP, but scrapped the idea due to seeing everyone say they will re-roll a worgen (It'll be like a Forsaken in Silvermoon all the time, except a Human in Gilneas all the time) overall Damn all you Worgen, Damn all you Pink Elves. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I want Ogres, so no, I don't agree with no more races.
    And as far as I'm concerned, there doesn't even have to be a female version of the Ogres!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    And as far as I'm concerned, there doesn't even have to be a female version of the Ogres!
    ^ would be awesomesauce
    Whats a signature?

We have to have female Ogres, just for the lulz of arguments about whether they are sexy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by haglowicz View Post
    We have to have female Ogres, just for the lulz of arguments about whether they are sexy enough.
    they'll be horde so of course they wont be sexy. just wondering how they;ll make a female furbolg/Pandaren/whatever next ally race, look sexy

Man I wish Blizzard would hurry up and give the Horde Ogres. That would be so awesome.
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Does everyone else's race choice really hurt you that much?

Really?

Come on, really?

This thread is ridiculous.

The next expansion will have 1 or 2 new classes instead of races...

Quote Originally Posted by Vail View Post
    Who cares.
    Let people play what they want to play without prejudice.
    Danke, sir. Did my job for me.

So you don't want other people to enjoy new races just because you get tired of seeing the same models over and over again?
    Interesting.

most people who role blood elves role them because they are the closest they get to anime characters (mines named after a video game item) you don't know how many times i see japanese names on blood elves, is crazay

yes, no more new things because i don't like them. Not because they are bad, just because other people do like them.
    see what I'm getting at here?.. I'm you...