Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Archaeology Limit per Week?

I just noticed that when I dig up artifacts, there is a new tooltip inside the loot window:

I don't recall them saying they were going to introduce any kind of limit on how much artifacts you could dig up per week.

If they do go with this limit, it will suck for sure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya a limit on a profession, secondary or not, would be incredibly stupid. I'm guessing it is just a tooltip error and not something they intend to implement.

In case it is a bug, the string 'Weekly Maximum:n/x' should come from somewhere which also is a tooltip for an item. So far I understand, only pvp and pve points are limited per week and those aren't items so this archaeology tooltip is unlikely to come from those...

This leads me to believe that, since it was coded specifically, this may indicate a rather worrying move towards introducing limits on archaeology -.-

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The more time you spend online the more money Blizzard makes. Never forget that.

I can hope this is a error,but seriously...it would not surprise me to see Blizzard make a cock-block for Archaeology farming.

Deleted
    This is certainly a moodkiller if it is true. Part of the reason I'm so interested in Archaeology is because I want to tie it in with my roleplay. It'd be a shame to see it limited.

15+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, archeology already takes ages to level. I don't see why a limit is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopXQ View Post
    The more time you spend online the more money Blizzard makes. Never forget that.
    No, the less time you spend online the more money Blizzard makes. Every minute you spend logged in Blizzard incurs bandwidth and other resource costs. Ideally they'd like to keep you paying a monthly fee without actually logging in at all.

Ideally they'd like to keep you paying a monthly fee without actually logging in at all.
    Brett I thought that is what 4.0.1 was ?

Most likely this is supposed to show up for the tooltip of Valor Points, which do have a weekly cap.

With the time needed to max this out a weekly limit is absured.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason I could think of is that Blizzard might want to give non-Dwarfs a shot at Realm first. But then again, there will be tons of players that get the cap every week and then some Wednesday a dwarf wins 15 miutes after servers are up.

Deleted
    I really hope this is a bug. One of the things i was looking forward to most about cataclysm was this profession (yes call me crazy if you want).
    If someone gets a spare moment and has the beta, could you please please please raise this issue on the beta forums and try to get a developer response? I think we'd all appreciate it.

If its true... it isnt implemented yet. I have been doing archeaology for hours and havent hit a "max" yet

10+ Year Old Account
    Grab your pitchforks, gentlemen.
    "The truth, my goal."

0 of negative 1? Probably a bug, yeah.

Hope this is a bug else i really cry, since Arch all ready taking long time to lvl, so with weekly limted...

GL getting max before next exp :P

0 of negative 1? Probably a bug, yeah.
    What is bugged is the actual limit itself.

What the problem is that such limit even got associated with Archaeology. I really hope someone has tied this tooltip to artifacts just by ctrl+a and 'apply rule' or however else wrong in a way they will find out this was wrong and fix it.

The profession is too exciting to be destroyed like that

Well this would sure explain why i solved 88 troll artifacts at maximum level of archaeology and not once getting the solve for Zin'Rokh.
    Last edited by Bluenose; 2010-10-29 at 07:48 PM.
    There must be no retirement with our backs to the wall, And believing in the justice of our cause, Each one of us must fight on to the end.

We determine the guilty, We decide the punishment.

I got Zin'Rokh pretty quickly but that was a long time before any kind of limiting tool tip started to show up

Archaeology is a pretty disgusting grind in beta atm, so I can see why they might put a limit on it. However this would also put people (even more) at the mercy of RNG. Archaeology gives some pre-heroic raid BiS items that will be seen as essential for beginning raiders.